onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup First Round

Osh

18 minutes ago, Gungho_ED said:

Sometimes your wrong, but your right this time mate.

I wont lie to you, both Exeter matches i was slightly drunk and also didn't have my glasses on...bare with me as i attempt to explain.

The player who i thought was mega both games is actually named Alex Hartridge.

With me not having my glasses on at the matches i thought his shirt name said Partridge.

Now with being slightly drunk when i first posted about him, i knew his name was a bird that began with "P"

I thought it was Peacock so wrote the wrong name....i knew it wasn't ptarmigan though.

Anyway, good detective work and i do apologize for the fake news

Knob

Advert

Hello again, was kinda hoping I wouldn’t see you guys for a while, no offence. Glad it’s on the Saturday though. Probably a terrible draw for both of us really, we have to travel and play a difficult side away from home and you have to play a good side under a new manager when you could have got a minnow. Then again, you probably think we are a minnow. Ouch.

Anyway, I might get up there early and grab an oatcake from a proper oatcake shop this time. Any recommendations?

6 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Hello again, was kinda hoping I wouldn’t see you guys for a while, no offence. Glad it’s on the Saturday though. Probably a terrible draw for both of us really, we have to travel and play a difficult side away from home and you have to play a good side under a new manager when you could have got a minnow. Then again, you probably think we are a minnow. Ouch.

Anyway, I might get up there early and grab an oatcake from a proper oatcake shop this time. Any recommendations?

Hamil road oatcakes, 100 yds up the road from the ground.

On 24/10/2022 at 23:32, fred binneys head said:

Just out of interest what do you think of your new manager? seems a strange one for Exeter imo(Artell despite him being a complete kn0b would of fitted your model more). Caldwell doesn't seem to have a good record either..... obviously means you will beat us now 🙂

22 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Just out of interest what do you think of your new manager? seems a strange one for Exeter imo(Artell despite him being a complete kn0b would of fitted your model more). Caldwell doesn't seem to have a good record either..... obviously means you will beat us now 🙂

Early days obviously but I like what he says and the performance at derby was solid but unspectacular. With 20 minutes to go he took off our two most attacking players (Nombe and Brown) which was a very brave thing to do, but it proved the right decision as we were a lot tighter after that and saw out the draw fairly comfortably. His previous record doesn’t really interest me or bother me, we’re a very different club because of our ownership model. Since the Supporters Trust took over nearly 20 years ago we’ve only had 4 managers before cauldwell and we’ve never sacked any of them, so he’ll be given time. As with every manager, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but I’m optimistic.

On 21/10/2022 at 20:45, Santa said:

If they are going to play it on the Friday or the Sunday I could do with knowing. There’s a train strike planned for that weekend. 

I don't drive. The strike is now taking out trains on Friday, Saturday and Monday with a need to put in place adjustments to get through Sunday. 

I need to get a bus to Chester from outside my house, then to Crewe and then to Burslem. Should be OK. Stay overnight and visit a few hostelries and hop on a train home on Sunday. 

I am assuming that putting the tickets on sale is a commitment to Saturday. They delayed doing this for quite sometime and therefore that has allowed TV issues to be considered? 

When it's a network strike it brings the likes of MiseryRail into it even though they have settled a pay award months ago. 

On 22/10/2022 at 00:10, LancyTony said:

Yes - and ignoring several appeals to stay off the pitch. 

An interesting snippet emerged at the Supporters Club meeting last night. Apparently the Swindon players gave info to their club for the statement but refused to be interviewed by the Police. I wonder why?

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

An interesting snippet emerged at the Supporters Club meeting last night. Apparently the Swindon players gave info to their club for the statement but refused to be interviewed by the Police. I wonder why?

It wouldn’t surprise me if their solicitors advised against it.

17 hours ago, Warren said:

I don't drive. The strike is now taking out trains on Friday, Saturday and Monday with a need to put in place adjustments to get through Sunday. 

I need to get a bus to Chester from outside my house, then to Crewe and then to Burslem. Should be OK. Stay overnight and visit a few hostelries and hop on a train home on Sunday. 

I am assuming that putting the tickets on sale is a commitment to Saturday. They delayed doing this for quite sometime and therefore that has allowed TV issues to be considered? 

When it's a network strike it brings the likes of MiseryRail into it even though they have settled a pay award months ago. 

I find Merseyrail to be quite good when I visit the area, it's a shame place like Birmingham don't have a proper metro system because they are more than big enough

Archived