onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup First Round

Osh

Advert

On 18/10/2022 at 09:37, Kes1974 said:

It was the 92-93 season, we beat Stoke in round 1 (famous night in the mud), Altrincham 4-1 round 2, then lost 4-0 at St James park

I remember it was goalless at HT.

The idiot tannoy announcer kept announcing Newcastle as being 12 POINTS CLEAR...it was the bloody FA Cup...they blew the league that season...

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

I remember it was goalless at HT.

The idiot tannoy announcer kept announcing Newcastle as being 12 POINTS CLEAR...it was the bloody FA Cup...they blew the league that season...

No. They won promotion from the Championship that season. 

On 15/10/2022 at 14:04, Lornelounger said:

Crass comment- there's a difference between tea and sandwiches and being assaulted - which bit of that don't you get?  Some Vale fans didn't do us any favours that night.  You can intimidate a team without physically abusing their fans. Yes, a great atmosphere, but why were we fined again?  Oh yes, because an opposition player was assaulted.  Not a good look - and I don't like McKirdy either, but he didn't deserve that, whatever had gone on before.

We shouldn't have gone on to the pitch - we got our revenge by winning and going through to the Final! It only takes one moron to seriously hurt a player for there to be future games played behind closed doors - either that or we're back to cages! Or being kicked out of the League? I'm not sure whether the EFL have anything in the rules for this scenario? I suspect contingency plans could be made up to suit the severity of the incident, and make an example of the club, as well as to dish out a seriously heavy fine? Totally unfair on our owners if that happened! 

On 15/10/2022 at 22:20, Jacko51 said:

Vale had done a tremendous amount of planning for that game as the report acknowledged. It was only Vale fans on the pitch because we had ensured their fans couldn’t get on by netting off all the front rows of the Bycars and making it impossible for them to encroach. Had we not done that it would have been mayhem. Some of our fans disgraced the club that night, that can’t be denied, but the report makes Swindon sound like angels and they were far from that - neither their fans or their players. 

True enough - but, there is a tendency in football for a retaliator to be punished more harshly than the initial transgressor...which is really the wrong way round! 

On 15/10/2022 at 23:30, Loggerheads Sage said:

Also many games of 5 to 6 000.  Those crowds you quote,  Celtic near to 60000,  rangers no.  So 60 k ish,  what once a year?  I know he's your mate but at least quote facts. Hes an obnoxious get, if you don't know him. Hate him 

Hahahaha...you can't just dismiss Rangers' gate as being inconsequential when their average gate is just under 50k which is roughly their full capacity. So...50k-60k-ish, twice a season. 

On 15/10/2022 at 23:56, Guitar Ray said:

Dress it up however you like, we shouldn’t be on the pitch, simple as that.  I think you’ll find it was mayhem, the sheer numbers on the pitch, players being assaulted and home fans confronting opposing fans, hence the hearing and fine.

Yes - and ignoring several appeals to stay off the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Hahahaha...you can't just dismiss Rangers' gate as being inconsequential when their average gate is just under 50k which is roughly their full capacity. So...50k-60k-ish, twice a season. 

You've misunderstood me. The poster was saying x number of games in front of 60000 fans, I was merely pointing out Rangers don't get that, as you say entirely because of capacity.  No slight on Rangers by me.  Very much the opposite in fact.

On 16/10/2022 at 17:57, melv said:

OK you carry on living in your tiny bubble.Ignore the facts that his comments & actions caused a reaction (be it right or wrong)Ignore the facts that in the Swindon / Vale game both Mckirdy & Williams were doing everything in the book to con the match officials.

Ignore the facts that Swindon fans damaged and threw seats onto the pitch.As well as bottles etc.Sleep tight in your tunnel visioned bubble. 

Any comments on social media, from anyone, including McKirdy against the Vale resulted in exactly the right amount of abuse he...and a couple of others...got on the pitch. And that's how it should have ended! Nothing the Swinedon players said, or did during the game justified a pitch invasion. It sounds as if the decision was made to only fine the Vale because, without our fans' actions, there would have been nothing to investigate...or, maybe Swinedon fans would still have been throwing chairs, in which case that would have been without the provocation of a pitch invasion, and they would have been fined? Yes - it feels one-sided...because it was!

54 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

You've misunderstood me. The poster was saying x number of games in front of 60000 fans, I was merely pointing out Rangers don't get that, as you say entirely because of capacity.  No slight on Rangers by me.  Very much the opposite in fact.

Apologies, then! I read it as you saying he could only play in one game/season with a huge capacity?

On 21/10/2022 at 19:04, darren1810 said:

Am I missing a joke here ? Probably am. But who is Peacock?

Exeter have no such player 

Sometimes your wrong, but your right this time mate.

I wont lie to you, both Exeter matches i was slightly drunk and also didn't have my glasses on...bare with me as i attempt to explain.

The player who i thought was mega both games is actually named Alex Hartridge.

With me not having my glasses on at the matches i thought his shirt name said Partridge.

Now with being slightly drunk when i first posted about him, i knew his name was a bird that began with "P"

I thought it was Peacock so wrote the wrong name....i knew it wasn't ptarmigan though.

Anyway, good detective work and i do apologize for the fake news

Archived