onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Portsmouth

Fosse69

19 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I remember it well. Just as you describe.

However in the back of my mind wasn't Ian Humphries a relative of either Alex or Keith Humphries who were directors at Stoke.... I seem to remember Alex Humphries from Ramsdale Hall at Scholar Green and thought Ian was a bit of a rebel  nephew ?

Of course I may be wide of the mark here (I usually am).

I do definitely remember Peter Mellor coming out in a wig at Vale at some point though .. I think.

Anyway really looking forward to this game against a great club, one I d class as a proper football club not made by foreign investment.

Ramsdale Hall.JPG

As we're most clubs " proper" but even these were taken to Premier League and bankruptcy by a succession of foreign owners..

Now owned by an American...

Advert

9 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

You haven't had your £4 membership reduction at a guess.  I had loads of trouble getting the reduction for my second match,  but am too tight to let it go, lol. Took me and my daughter 2 hours though 

Yeah i didn’t click the membership scheme I just assumed it would do it for me after logging in 

Ive got call in the shop anyway soon so il double check I’ve got the points 

21 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I remember it well. Just as you describe.

However in the back of my mind wasn't Ian Humphries a relative of either Alex or Keith Humphries who were directors at Stoke.... I seem to remember Alex Humphries from Ramsdale Hall at Scholar Green and thought Ian was a bit of a rebel  nephew ?

Of course I may be wide of the mark here (I usually am).

I do definitely remember Peter Mellor coming out in a wig at Vale at some point though .. I think.

Anyway really looking forward to this game against a great club, one I d class as a proper football club not made by foreign investment.

Ramsdale Hall.JPG

Ian lived on Hamil Road iirc, he was in my year at school

23 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Ramsdale Hall.JPG

A proper club yes, but they've been in admin at least twice off the top of my head in fairly recent times. I'm not sure the tenures of Milan Mandaric or Balram Chainrai are remembered too fondly by Pompey fans.

Remember it well. Pompey and Ian Humphries both correct. The games following the Bycars would chant,

’Remember Peter Mellor’

The police would respond to this by forming a line between n front of the Bycars end.

It was the main topic of conversation the following day at the Burslem Young Offenders, AKA Moorland High School

3 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Pompey’s Jimmy Dickinson is one of only two players to appear in more games ,for one club,in the Football League,than Roy Sproson.

John Trollope- Swindon- 770

Jimmy Dickinson-Pompey-764

Sproey-Vale-760

What was the name of the winger who played for Southampton for eons?

5 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Remember it well. Pompey and Ian Humphries both correct. The games following the Bycars would chant,

’Remember Peter Mellor’

The police would respond to this by forming a line between n front of the Bycars end.

It was the main topic of conversation the following day at the Burslem Young Offenders, AKA Moorland High School

Nowt wrong with Moorland High School!

Archived