onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Portsmouth

Fosse69

Noisy afternoon with the Pompey Chimes booming out, or will we quieten the Cowley Bros and them, as DC rings the changes as usual? Boosted by an away win at Burton and maybe a mystery signing, Vale tackle one of the L1 big guns with League and Cup wins in their history. All week to prepare for 3rd place Pompey, unbeaten and on a run of 3 wins, but with a cup game at Newport Tues, hoping to climb back to the Championship after 8 seasons away. Can we spike their guns and force a draw, or even seize a victory?

Advert

Another big game/crowd to Look forward to - still pinching myself in reality - where we are now compared to 18 months ago. Be nice see a sell out and have a few jars in boslem 🍻. Pray weather stays with us for one last great summer fixture. Have a great week people n cu all in the Bycars - and not too much noise if u don't mind - are u listening Corban 😉 

We should be going for the victory at home, then if goes belly up settle for the draw.

theres a lot of big clubs in this league, we can’t write off these games before they’ve started and just concentrate on the Burtons of this league, try to win every game.

Portsmouth hey these are the games and atmospheres I'm looking forwards too .
Sold 1400 which is excellent up to yet so that already a very good following .
Hope it put bums on seats if I was Vale I'd sell a few hundred more in each stand before saying sell out as there's bound be folk away .
Lets hope it's our first sell out of season in home areas even bycars .
UTV
Team well who knows different games need different players .
I believe in our manager and squad .
I've read some nonsense about bit part players like Jones Hussey ,they are good players and will prove it as season goes on .

The first meeting between the two sides in 22 years as we crossed in 2013 and 2017.

We haven’t played each other since April Fools Day 2000 which was our last ever win in (what is now) The Championship.

They had both full backs sent off that day.

A tough game.

They ve got carthorse Morrison(34) at CB with Sean Raggett(ex Norwich) as his partner.

Jacobs and Pack are experienced and will be in the refs ear all game.

Curtis is up front(converted winger) with Bishop(easy to wind up-sent off against us for Accie last season)

Two ex Crewe players(Dale and Lowery)

Keeper is on loan from the Baggies and an U21 England call up...let's keep him busy 

On the bench is Lester Piggot and Captain Scarlett. 

They have a good mix of a squad but crowing about their wins? They've beaten Bristol,Cheltenham and Cambridge...3 of the teams that I don't think will finish top half and teams I think we should look at being able to beat.

A good crowd,a good atmosphere and no one has a clue what Vales starting line up will be! The Pompey scouts will have a dossier on every single one of our players who have played this season,except for Wilson and big Dekka!

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

A tough game.

They ve got carthorse Morrison(34) at CB with Sean Raggett(ex Norwich) as his partner.

Jacobs and Pack are experienced and will be in the refs ear all game.

Curtis is up front(converted winger) with Bishop(easy to wind up-sent off against us for Accie last season)

Two ex Crewe players(Dale and Lowery)

Keeper is on loan from the Baggies and an U21 England call up...let's keep him busy 

On the bench is Lester Piggot and Captain Scarlett. 

They have a good mix of a squad but crowing about their wins? They've beaten Bristol,Cheltenham and Cambridge...3 of the teams that I don't think will finish top half and teams I think we should look at being able to beat.

A good crowd,a good atmosphere and no one has a clue what Vales starting line up will be! The Pompey scouts will have a dossier on every single one of our players who have played this season,except for Wilson and big Dekka!

And they have the brothers grim in charge; bring Gary Brabbin back to sort them out? Horrible pair of arrogant so and so’s

2 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

And they have the brothers grim in charge; bring Gary Brabbin back to sort them out? Horrible pair of arrogant so and so’s

I agree. Not a fan of theirs.

I know it was one of the weaker teams in the division yesterday but I hope the team takes confidence from the final performance and result. First half we were poor. I couldn't work out what Walkers role was. The introduction of Massey worked and Pett/Walker were much better as a pair. We had willing runners up front and I think Benning is playing his best footie.

It'll be tough but I definitely think we are capable versus Pompey. I look forward to our home games and I think that's where we'll have to pick up most of our points.

8 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Another big game/crowd to Look forward to - still pinching myself in reality - where we are now compared to 18 months ago. Be nice see a sell out and have a few jars in boslem 🍻. Pray weather stays with us for one last great summer fixture. Have a great week people n cu all in the Bycars - and not too much noise if u don't mind - are u listening Corban 😉 

Of course but you must remember I have a short memory span lol

Archived