onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What is the capacity of each stand?

SFBT

Advert

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

Yep, but why net off those 800 seats if we can sell them (other than a lack of faith in our aboility to steward the fans nearer to the pitch)?

Bolton didn't sell there full allocation anyway. The stewards didn't do a very good job of stewarding the fans at the end of the Swindon play off game 😉

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Aside from the rain, I noticed that MK Dons had no visible police presence inside or outside the ground. Is it the case that the police take little interest in MK Dons in general as they perceive the risk at the stadium to be very low? It seems to me Vale Park is a million miles from that, but I guess that is mainly true for matches with bigger away support. I expect Bolton would take say 4k to MK Dons and then the police might be far more proactive. 

Good point. When I went in the past they had no police either, even at the last FA Cup game a couple of years back. The reason is as you say, low risk and a stadium that has strong security levels. Plenty of stewards mind you. Even in the upper tier where nobody sits! 

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I assume for the Bolton game the netting across the front 3 or 4 rows took about 6-800 seats out of commission.  Also, the tickets for that game were sold on an unreserved basis.  If you do that I believe you can only sell 90% of the available capacity.

But 90% of 4514 is 4062 . 

So in effect because of netting its vastly reduced to even less. 

Personally I don't get netting and it's a massive over reaction taking thousands out of vales coffers. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

But 90% of 4514 is 4062 . 

So in effect because of netting its vastly reduced to even less. 

Personally I don't get netting and it's a massive over reaction taking thousands out of vales coffers. 

Bolton didn't actually sell out the away end I believe.

1 hour ago, rsb said:

Bolton fans where standing in gangways which should be kept clear at all times the stewards and police did nothing to keep them clear and no tannoy mesages to the bolton fans to keep them clear.

Were they trying to see past the poorly located scoreboard. They don't even know it is a scoreboard and think the Vale fans are all weird staring at them relentlessly before the game, at half time and at the end? OK, I got that off a website about visiting Vale Park. 

• 5 months later...

Last night, Colin Garlick stated, when asked, that the reduced capacity was due to catering and toilets.

It would have been helpful to also have asked what is going to be done about this, if anything, and when?

Is there a clear plan, for this, and other projects?

And has it been made public?

Archived