onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What is the capacity of each stand?

SFBT

Advert

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Big clubs like Arsenal resell ST seats that have been released for individual games, I assume the ST holder has some incentive to do it, maybe financial or loss of loyalty points for non-attendance?  Not that we have a large waiting list for STs or Memberships. Our system appears to have the data on it to do such things.

It will indeed. You may have guessed but I’m an I.T Enterprise solutioner so I can imagine how the system may work. The data can be harvested and the development of a new additional business process coded to do that. Needs planning, project managing, testing and delivering which obviously takes time, effort and money. As I say. Go with the simple email option first as that might just crack the problem without having to introduce new business function 

2 minutes ago, cast said:

It will indeed. You may have guessed but I’m an I.T Enterprise solutioner so I can imagine how the system may work. The data can be harvested and the development of a new additional business process coded to do that. Needs planning, project managing, testing and delivering which obviously takes time, effort and money. As I say. Go with the simple email option first as that might just crack the problem without having to introduce new business function 

Do you not think that Carol is not aware of all this? Part and parcel of the ticketing I would have thought, and of her background.

Just now, Fosse69 said:

Do you not think that Carol is not aware of all this? Part and parcel of the ticketing I would have thought, and of her background.

Absolutely she will. In same business to me. I’m just pointing out the obvious that’s all. No criticism at all 

7 minutes ago, cast said:

Absolutely she will. In same business to me. I’m just pointing out the obvious that’s all. No criticism at all 

I am also quite sure that all the problems raised in this thread are not items that she is unaware of, improvements take time and appear to be in a sequence to make the ground safer and prosperous.

1 hour ago, cast said:

I hardly ever post on here even though have been a member for decades. This debate interests me. There is a facility on the ticketing application to relinquish seats if non attendance is anticipated (young kids etc) however, I doubt many know of it. A short term tactical approach might be a simple email to all ST holders making them aware of it, how to do it and urging them to do so for the sake of fans in general. A longer more strategic approach might be to reward ST holders a reward of some description, but this involves rolling out an artchitectured functional change to the app. 

there will be times this season when these issues won’t be necessary as we will get gates of 5 or 6k at some point. 

With regards to releasing your seat, it doesn’t matter what the club do, admittedly they could do more, it’s up to the individual to actually physically go online and choose the option.  Sadly, it’ll be too much trouble for some fans.

As I understand it you’re rewarded with loyalty points when you attend the match.  Obviously this only matters if you’re someone who attends away games or if and when we get a decent cup draw at home.

By gates of 5 or 6k, I presume you mean the number of home fans as that’s the only issue here.  You may well be correct.

If Hamil is 4000 I hope on October 1st we give Wednesday more than 3250 . They took 6500 to MK last week. 
Those extra 750 is 18 grand in admission without beer and food. 
I think the Problem is that the police bill rises the more fans you have in plus they loose 100 seats a block with the netting at the front

Whatever the capacity we need more interest in the club so you have the best end that folk wish to sit v Bolton bycars looked after a thousand down on Fleetwood now I guess that's because folk on holiday or maybe they didn't enjoy it when they went in there v Fleetwood .
I know folk will argue that when Vale in hamil v Swindon it was a semi final home leg and much was riding on it but to me myself included I enjoyed the atmosphere that much that when there were rumours of moving our home end into there I was thinking well that makes sense as everybody who went in there on that most excellent night would want to repeat the atmosphere over and over again ,no offence to the folk who went in bycars v Fleetwood and Bolton but there was little to no noise coming out in encouragement from that end in the ground .
We missed a great opportunity somewhere I think if word spreads that the roof is coming off in terms of noise in the hamil every home game that can only influence more of the general public to part with there money and for me that end be the end sold out first for sure.
So regardless of capacity give your own supporters the best ends not making the away support settled in and enjoying the best end .
UTV

18 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Whatever the capacity we need more interest in the club so you have the best end that folk wish to sit v Bolton bycars looked after a thousand down on Fleetwood now I guess that's because folk on holiday or maybe they didn't enjoy it when they went in there v Fleetwood .
I know folk will argue that when Vale in hamil v Swindon it was a semi final home leg and much was riding on it but to me myself included I enjoyed the atmosphere that much that when there were rumours of moving our home end into there I was thinking well that makes sense as everybody who went in there on that most excellent night would want to repeat the atmosphere over and over again ,no offence to the folk who went in bycars v Fleetwood and Bolton but there was little to no noise coming out in encouragement from that end in the ground .
We missed a great opportunity somewhere I think if word spreads that the roof is coming off in terms of noise in the hamil every home game that can only influence more of the general public to part with there money and for me that end be the end sold out first for sure.
So regardless of capacity give your own supporters the best ends not making the away support settled in and enjoying the best end .
UTV

Im a bit confused with the point you are trying to make here mate - We will be having the Hamil as soon as permits are in place. It would also make sense for big selling "one offs" like Saturday if we could also get special permissions to swap ends as in the Swindon match

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

I am also quite sure that all the problems raised in this thread are not items that she is unaware of, improvements take time and appear to be in a sequence to make the ground safer and prosperous.

I think that you are probably right on all counts, and maybe I've missed some communication. Maybe I'm making more of this than is necessary.

I'm also aware of the wide range of projects underway to bring the club up to date.

Carol is an excellent communicator, but I don't recall hearing much about the areas covered on this thread.

Im a bit confused with the point you are trying to make here mate - We will be having the Hamil as soon as permits are in place. It would also make sense for big selling "one offs" like Saturday if we could also get special permissions to swap ends as in the Swindon match
The point I'm making is maybe folk do not want go in the bycars and there was a lot of interest in a season ticket buying in the hamil if it became available as the acoustics and atmosphere is what some folk go for not necessarily the match .
I know next season that may be the case just think it should have already happened in my personal opinion

2 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

The junior Valiant plus offer was too good. There's no need to include a season ticket in with the £30, because as an adult ST holder I can get an U12s ticket for free anyway as and when I bring my kid (which will be rarely).

I suppose a potential problem with getting an u12 ticket rather than a season ticket would be if the seat next to yours isn't available. There are currently loads of empty seats you could move to but this may reduce if the u12 season ticket reservations were no longer reserved. If you are taking a young child the guarantee of knowing the person in front of you isn't foul mouthed and going to spend the whole game standing up making obscene gestures towards the opposition is quite important.

It is a conundrum I am glad it is not my job to solve.

Maybe free junior valiant membership with an option to buy them a ticket for a pound in a seat reserved up until a week before kick off. £15 if you want the shirt.

I must say I was surprised when I purchased Burton tickets that you could choose your seat, this must create a considerable amount of admin for the ticket office staff adding them onto the system for a one off. I assumed that you would pay for seated tickets and get whatever they sent you. Fine for Burton but what happens when we play at Hillsborough etc.

3 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I suppose a potential problem with getting an u12 ticket rather than a season ticket would be if the seat next to yours isn't available. There are currently loads of empty seats you could move to but this may reduce if the u12 season ticket reservations were no longer reserved. If you are taking a young child the guarantee of knowing the person in front of you isn't foul mouthed and going to spend the whole game standing up making obscene gestures towards the opposition is quite important.

It is a conundrum I am glad it is not my job to solve.

Maybe free junior valiant membership with an option to buy them a ticket for a pound in a seat reserved up until a week before kick off. £15 if you want the shirt.

I must say I was surprised when I purchased Burton tickets that you could choose your seat, this must create a considerable amount of admin for the ticket office staff adding them onto the system for a one off. I assumed that you would pay for seated tickets and get whatever they sent you. Fine for Burton but what happens when we play at Hillsborough etc.

Lorne St Family area should cover your U12 circumstance

Archived