Railway Stand    2094

Bycars Road Stand          3168

Accessibility Stand          106

Lorne Street Stand          1717

Stand total         14467

Corporate and Hospitality           569

Total     15036

Perfect!

Is there a similar breakdown available for season ticket holders in each area?

Having a home capacity of less than 10k - 6.6k season tickets certainly explains sell outs.

There can't be many tickets available in any of the stands bar the Bycars.

I really do think that it would be a good PR exercise if the club issued a statement on the current situation, figures etc, together with an outline of the plans, timescales and limitations.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one not clear about the state of play, and it would be really helpful to have clarity from those who know and hold the keys.

44 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Switching Away ends gives at least another 1000 home capacity.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Indeed. Plus opening the Lorne.

My point from the outset is that I believe that the club should inform the fan base about the current situation, plans and timescales.

In detail too, knowing the capacity of a stand is only a part of the story.

What matters to me, and other 'walk ups' is how many seats are actually available to purchase.

This all seems pretty obvious stuff, requiring only a basic level of communication.

Indeed. Plus opening the Lorne.
My point from the outset is that I believe that the club should inform the fan base about the current situation, plans and timescales.
In detail too, knowing the capacity of a stand is only a part of the story.
What matters to me, and other 'walk ups' is how many seats are actually available to purchase.
This all seems pretty obvious stuff, requiring only a basic level of communication.
By walk ups do you mean for the match?

25 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

By walk ups do you mean for the match?

I've seen reference to people who attend having bought a ticket for that game as walk ups 

It used to be pay on the day, but that's not so common, so I mean people who pay per game, not season ticket holders.

10 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

So,   excluding away fans, corporate and accessibility,   the capacity for home fans in the stands is 9847, if my maths is correct.  Wow.   Remembering 10 game passes and free under 12 ST's not attending,  easy now to see how a home sell out for Newport was 9000 ish

Knock another 150 off for the Club Guests section on the dugout side of the press area in the Lorne street which never go on general sale. 

Going to Vale has always been simple.

It's one of the reasons I keep going.

It suddenly got complicated due to demand and obviously neglect of the ground which led to reduced capacity.

But imo, the club's communication around these difficulties has been poor and needs addressing.

I think they have alienated fans.

Totally in contrast to the inclusive, Vale family message that is being portrayed by the club.

11 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

So,   excluding away fans, corporate and accessibility,   the capacity for home fans in the stands is 9847, if my maths is correct.  Wow.   Remembering 10 game passes and free under 12 ST's not attending,  easy now to see how a home sell out for Newport was 9000 ish

At least when the switch to the Hamil takes place it will rise to 11,000-odd. 

It shows yet again that the opening of the unfinished part of the LS cannot come too soon. I suspect there's no rush as they are waiting for the players' gym currently situated in the concourse to be moved to the new training ground centre. However, once that's out of the way, surely all efforts should be made to reach that £100k target to open up the concourse and therefore the stand itself.

17 minutes ago, robf said:

At least when the switch to the Hamil takes place it will rise to 11,000-odd. 

It shows yet again that the opening of the unfinished part of the LS cannot come too soon. I suspect there's no rush as they are waiting for the players' gym currently situated in the concourse to be moved to the new training ground centre. However, once that's out of the way, surely all efforts should be made to reach that £100k target to open up the concourse and therefore the stand itself.

Unless we excel on the pitch, I don't foresee too many problems this season.

Perhaps the visits of some of the bigger clubs will draw people in.

That's only a part of the concern.

Improved communication is the solution to much of this.  Let people know what's happening.  They will understand and accept things more readily. 

They won't be batting on about it on forums like this because it won't be an issue. 

I reflect on my experience of stadia. 

Man City - generally a good construction with good view. A tiny bit lacking noise and atmosphere but a positive experience. 

MK Dons - Oh dear, this was a pretty dreadful stadium. Poor PA. Way too big for the football team at it's current or likely future levels. Soulless experience even though the view is good. 

Liverpool - this is a genuinely atmospheric stadium that absolutely comes alive and particularly for night games under the lights. But it has downside which is that the increase in capacity provides stands up in the gods which have a poorer viewing experience than a modern stadium like Man City. 

Port Vale. I have tried all the stand over the years. Now in the Lorne Street. I think the Railway stand is too far from the pitch and has old fashioned banking. Hamell Road and Bycars suffer from Vale having a long pitch. Lorne Street has the best overall view but not necessarily of the goal mouths. The radio commentators sit in an area where they guess at what is happening on the pitch!

Tranmere Rovers. If you want a get smacked in the chops with the ball experience the Johnny King stand will do that. Bebington Kop is a big stand with good view. Main stand showing age. Cowshed good for atmospheric away support. 

Crewe. Not impressed with where the away support are placed. 

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Official capacities of each stand:

Stand    Allowed Capacity

Hamil Road        4514

Railway Paddock       2868

Railway Stand    2094

Bycars Road Stand          3168

Accessibility Stand          106

Lorne Street Stand          1717

Stand total         14467

Corporate and Hospitality           569

Total     15036

Any idea why we are restricting the capacity of the Hamil, if we are allowed to use the full 4.5k?

As others have said, there's 2.5k extra home seats fore the taking if we opened up the other side of the LS and moved home fans into the Hamil. And, all of that extra capacity with decent facilities. Would take the % of home fans who have access to 'modern' concourses and toilets from the current 25% to more like 66%. 

4 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Any idea why we are restricting the capacity of the Hamil, if we are allowed to use the full 4.5k?

As others have said, there's 2.5k extra home seats fore the taking if we opened up the other side of the LS and moved home fans into the Hamil. And, all of that extra capacity with decent facilities. Would take the % of home fans who have access to 'modern' concourses and toilets from the current 25% to more like 66%. 

Makes no sense not to give Sheff wed the whole end. No real history of trouble unlike Bolton. 

Though I do realise they took the Bycars in the 70's. 

Archived