onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What is the capacity of each stand?

SFBT

It would be useful to know the capacity of each stand, and how many season tickets there are in each stand.

For example, I go in the Railway Stand, but am increasingly concerned about the lack of available tickets to non st holders.

So to know how many tickets are actually available would be very helpful.

Also, are seat numbers being adhered to? I've always just bought any old seat in the past as you could sit anywhere that wasn't st.

Is this info available anywhere, on here, or on the club website?

Buying tickets needs to be straightforward, as people give up if it's difficult...

Advert

18 minutes ago, SFBT said:

It would be useful to know the capacity of each stand, and how many season tickets there are in each stand.

For example, I go in the Railway Stand, but am increasingly concerned about the lack of available tickets to non st holders.

So to know how many tickets are actually available would be very helpful.

Also, are seat numbers being adhered to? I've always just bought any old seat in the past as you could sit anywhere that wasn't st.

Is this info available anywhere, on here, or on the club website?

Buying tickets needs to be straightforward, as people give up if it's difficult...

Would be good to know. Hate having to ask people to move when they are in my seat! In fact I never do it, I just sit somewhere else. But it bites you in the arse, as I then get asked to move when im sitting in someone else's seat.

Then you end up finding seats together and clenching your buttocks until kick off

Guess that August's a pain for football clubs as most of the season ticket holders are away on there holidays and they probably took there season tickets with them .
The crowd yesterday was good the hot weather would have put a lot off going .
The Portsmouth game should be a very good attendance as that's a week before the kids back to school .
Hope so anyway thought the Vale crowd first half were immense ,second half so so .
It always makes me smile at the end of games the noise is deafening with applause and singing where was that from you lot second half .
No idea what each end holds but yesterday they had trouble with scanners so a lot got in unscanned and probably were not counted .
UTV

I agree it would be good to know! I reckon around 300 or more Lorna street St holders missed the game yesterday due to not wanting to sit in the sun!
My dad and nephew missed the game due to how hot it was, I attended because I can normally tolerate the heat but yesterday was something else. There were A Lot of empty seats around me including normally occupied by die hard home and away st holders.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Guess that August's a pain for football clubs as most of the season ticket holders are away on there holidays and they probably took there season tickets with them .
The crowd yesterday was good the hot weather would have put a lot off going .
The Portsmouth game should be a very good attendance as that's a week before the kids back to school .
Hope so anyway thought the Vale crowd first half were immense ,second half so so .
It always makes me smile at the end of games the noise is deafening with applause and singing where was that from you lot second half .
No idea what each end holds but yesterday they had trouble with scanners so a lot got in unscanned and probably were not counted .
UTV

Personally I thought there was more than 10277 there.

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Personally I thought there was more than 10277 there.

Compared to the Fleetwood game the home stands were far emptier.  Tons of empty seats in the Bycars similar in Lorne Street.  Have to say I was disappointed  with the numbers in the Bycars.  Understandable, despite my throw away comment above, why folks wished not to sit in Lorne Street, although it’d be possible to swap to another stand by prior arrangement.

9 hours ago, Hoppers said:

From distant memory I thought it was broken down something along the lines of

9000 ish railway

3300 ish bycars

4500 Hamil

2000 ish lorne street

that roughly gives the 19000 ish total capacity

theres a lorra lorra ishes there 😍😍😍

As I understand it, the current home capacity is much reduced, but to what?

That is part of the question.

The equation needed is 

e.g. for Railway Stand

Current capacity minus no. of season tickets

= no. of tickets available for sale.

Does anyone know this/ know how to find out?

I'm concerned, as I don't think there are many, making getting a ticket is more difficult and ending up in a part of the ground that you don't really want to be in.

Obviously early purchase will help, some, but others will still miss out.

Empty seats will be around all season. Vale are quite rightly encouraging families and young supporters. They have free/£10 season tickets, so nothing is lost if they chose to attend twice a year. Would have them myself if we had young children. No answer to this as you can’t frog march them to the ground if they don’t want to come.

Think Stoke have the same problem, only they count them if they attend or not.

39 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Empty seats will be around all season. Vale are quite rightly encouraging families and young supporters. They have free/£10 season tickets, so nothing is lost if they chose to attend twice a year. Would have them myself if we had young children. No answer to this as you can’t frog march them to the ground if they don’t want to come.

Think Stoke have the same problem, only they count them if they attend or not.

Yep, but this excellent initiative does come with a down side - that we probably have 1000 U12s with a seat reserved for every game when only a small % of them actually attend. This causes 'Sold Out' signs to come out in the LS and Railway prematurely.

Slightly disappointed with the attendance. LS was 2/3 full, and there were 500 less in the Bycars than versus Fleetwood. Heat + peak summer holiday period obviously a factor but still. We're told there's 6600 ST holders, I'd imagine only about 5000 turned up on Saturday (see U12s issue).

Archived