onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What is the capacity of each stand?

SFBT

9 hours ago, Phil500 said:

Unlikely to happen. Capacity/number of seats is 4,250 , but netted for a few rows at the front and the nearest seats to the railway. This is to stop/discourage both sets of nutters antagonising one another.

Of course when/if it becomes the home end then 4250 would become available. Personally I am not in favour of this move.

Yet it didn't stop all the Bolton loons gathering towards the paddock on Saturday. 

As others have said I just wish there would be clarity over the capacity instead of people guessing. 

Advert

11 hours ago, SFBT said:

Thank you!

So 10k, with 6.6k season tickets = 3.4k remaining.

I would think most of the Lorne is st's, so roughly 5k left.

I would guess 2k in the Railway Stand, 2k Paddock, 1k Bycars.

So only 500 tickets available in each of the two most popular areas of the ground, and 2.5 in the Bycars.

If that's correct, then there are only 500 tickets available in the part of the ground I much prefer, and have sat in for years, without any problem. Now it has become a scarce resource.

It is this sudden change, combined with a lack of communication from the club, that is my concern.

I would like to hear from the club about 

The current state of play and reasons for it

The plans to address the reduced capacity and timescales 

We are, after all their customers, so it's not unreasonable to expect to be kept informed.

Is it?

Re: LS. There's 1550 seats in there and according to the stadium plan on the ticket hub, only approx 50 seats available on 'general sale' each game. So, it's likely to be 'sold out' (I use that phrase lightly, hundreds of empty seats on Saturday) every single game. Plus, there's 600 or so in hospitality on that side every game, with the 120 in the new suite snapped up by ST holders - no general sale for any game this season.

And people still argue that we don't need to open Hamil side of the LS!

Re: LS. There's 1550 seats in there and according to the stadium plan on the ticket hub, only approx 50 seats available on 'general sale' each game. So, it's likely to be 'sold out' (I use that phrase lightly, hundreds of empty seats on Saturday) every single game. Plus, there's 600 or so in hospitality on that side every game, with the 120 in the new suite snapped up by ST holders - no general sale for any game this season.
And people still argue that we don't need to open Hamil side of the LS!
Can't open the rest of Lorne St without a Concourse.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Ticketing in general at the Club has been a problem for years but now obviously enhanced by recent success and an influx of more people . 
There are plenty of seats available on match days at Vale the problem is people are fussy which stand they wish to go in because of other things outside of actually watching the game - mainly beer & food !

Away match tickets are also a problem , a big bulk of seat tickets are immediately never available to purchase ( usually the best ones) obviously held back but no explanation given but when you get there- empty seats everywhere ! 
I can probably hazard a guess at ‘held back’  for ‘official coach travellers’ but why should people who make their own way there not have access to these better seat tickets on a first come first served basis ? 
It’s annoying when you get there and half these seats are then empty . 
There will always be problems with tickets no matter what but it’s not getting any better at Vale and it’s quite obvious the current set up is not adequate for us to move forward. 
I’m surprised that this is something that has not yet become a priority to ‘overhaul’ as it must be the major source of income for the Club .

Hopefully it’s at the top of the list because it’s not getting any better at the moment . Just an idea but maybe an appointment required to bring someone in who has previous  experience of ticketing operations at a larger Club ?

We can only hope for improvement, hopefully it’s on the agenda . 
UTV 

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

No such word as can't. Where there's a will there's a way. 

1 hour ago, ValeGez said:

Ticketing in general at the Club has been a problem for years but now obviously enhanced by recent success and an influx of more people . 
There are plenty of seats available on match days at Vale the problem is people are fussy which stand they wish to go in because of other things outside of actually watching the game - mainly beer & food !

Away match tickets are also a problem , a big bulk of seat tickets are immediately never available to purchase ( usually the best ones) obviously held back but no explanation given but when you get there- empty seats everywhere ! 
I can probably hazard a guess at ‘held back’  for ‘official coach travellers’ but why should people who make their own way there not have access to these better seat tickets on a first come first served basis ? 
It’s annoying when you get there and half these seats are then empty . 
There will always be problems with tickets no matter what but it’s not getting any better at Vale and it’s quite obvious the current set up is not adequate for us to move forward. 
I’m surprised that this is something that has not yet become a priority to ‘overhaul’ as it must be the major source of income for the Club .

Hopefully it’s at the top of the list because it’s not getting any better at the moment . Just an idea but maybe an appointment required to bring someone in who has previous  experience of ticketing operations at a larger Club ?

We can only hope for improvement, hopefully it’s on the agenda . 
UTV 

Great post.

I'll never forget the sparsely populated sections at Wembley (the ones that were visible from the tv cameras) which were never on sale and reserved for 'the chosen few'. This inadvertently forced 'normal' Vale fans to pay more to sit in the middle tier. 

The physical number of seats in each stand for regular supporters are as follows:

Lorne Street 1,559 not including "Club Guests" or hospitality/corporate.

Bycars. 4,204 physical seats. 

Railway Stand 3,442, restricted to approximately 2,175 judging by when tickets went off sale.

Railway Paddock 3,568, restricted to approximately 2,825 judging by when tickets have been going off sale.

There are over 1,460 season tickets in the Lorne Street. Less than 100 will go on general sale for league games.

Railway Stand has about 1,750 season tickets. This keeps selling out because only 400 get to general sale.

Railway Paddock has over 2,000 season tickets. About 800 go on general sale. Only 1,300 tickets need to be sold in thise three stands to leave the Bycars as the only option left to attend home matches. Absolute madness considering the size of our ground, and number of season ticket holders. The junior Valiant plus offer was too good. There's no need to include a season ticket in with the £30, because as an adult ST holder I can get an U12s ticket for free anyway as and when I bring my kid (which will be rarely).

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Hi Fosse,

You have made 4 replies to this thread, which is giving me the impression that you are pretty knowledgeable about the ground and ticketing arrangements.

So I'm wondering how this knowledge can be utilised both to the benefit of us fans, and also the club?

Sorting out these areas has to be to the benefit of the club in the form of increased income and, most importantly imo, satisfied customers and consequent good will.

I look forward to your helpful response.👍👍👍

16 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

The physical number of seats in each stand for regular supporters are as follows:

Lorne Street 1,559 not including "Club Guests" or hospitality/corporate.

Bycars. 4,204 physical seats. 

Railway Stand 3,448, restricted to approximately 2,175 judging by when tickets went off sale.

Railway Paddock 3,542, restricted to approximately 2,825 judging by when tickets have been going off sale.

There are over 1,460 season tickets in the Lorne Street. Less than 100 will go on general sale for league games.

Railway Stand has about 1,750 season tickets. This keeps selling out because only 400 get to general sale.

Railway Paddock has over 2,000 season tickets. About 800 go on general sale. Only 1,300 tickets need to be sold in thise three stands to leave the Bycars as the only option left to attend home matches. Absolute madness considering the size of our ground, and number of season ticket holders. The junior Valiant plus offer was too good. There's no need to include a season ticket in with the £30, because as an adult ST holder I can get an U12s ticket for free anyway as and when I bring my kid (which will be rarely).

Brilliant. Sums it up perfectly. 

Now the acid test, how can we inform the club and get them to do something about it?

Anyone?

On 15/08/2022 at 08:29, Fosse69 said:

But season ticket holders can release their seat if they are not going to attend a game, same for the young seats that are less likely to be used when the cold weather comes.

I hardly ever post on here even though have been a member for decades. This debate interests me. There is a facility on the ticketing application to relinquish seats if non attendance is anticipated (young kids etc) however, I doubt many know of it. A short term tactical approach might be a simple email to all ST holders making them aware of it, how to do it and urging them to do so for the sake of fans in general. A longer more strategic approach might be to reward ST holders a reward of some description, but this involves rolling out an artchitectured functional change to the app. 

there will be times this season when these issues won’t be necessary as we will get gates of 5 or 6k at some point. 

as a matter of interest, I wonder how clubs like Man Utd deal with this as they seem to get 75 physical bums on seats each game ? (Mind you, that won’t last for much longer) 

3 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Hi Fosse,

You have made 4 replies to this thread, which is giving me the impression that you are pretty knowledgeable about the ground and ticketing arrangements.

So I'm wondering how this knowledge can be utilised both to the benefit of us fans, and also the club?

Sorting out these areas has to be to the benefit of the club in the form of increased income and, most importantly imo, satisfied customers and consequent good will.

I look forward to your helpful response.👍👍👍

As far as I know, ground capacity will be improved in the following sequence. Railway areas improved access at the front of the Railway paddock, improved turnstiles etc which should increase  the safe capacity when inspected.  Swapping the home end should give us another 1000, 3000 in Bycars adequate for away fans similar I believe to our neighbours. Lorne St Family area opened when concourse available. Both projects should result in STs moving from Railway areas improving availability.  Ticketing system seems capable with many options, needs cleaning up and re-setting, as staff get on top off it. Up to the club how they staff the telephone system but needs investigation. 

23 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Brilliant. Sums it up perfectly. 

Now the acid test, how can we inform the club and get them to do something about it?

Anyone?

I suppose a simple email to Carol alerting her to this thread. I would do it but I’m not sure I have the correct address as tried before but to no avail 

3 minutes ago, cast said:

I suppose a simple email to Carol alerting her to this thread. I would do it but I’m not sure I have the correct address as tried before but to no avail 

Simple.

Anyone have her email address?

I don't.

15 minutes ago, cast said:

as a matter of interest, I wonder how clubs like Man Utd deal with this as they seem to get 75 physical bums on seats each game ? (Mind you, that won’t last for much longer) 

Big clubs like Arsenal resell ST seats that have been released for individual games, I assume the ST holder has some incentive to do it, maybe financial or loss of loyalty points for non-attendance?  Not that we have a large waiting list for STs or Memberships. Our system appears to have the data on it to do such things.

Archived