onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

See plenty of posters looking for us to throw the whole of the project out of the window after one poor result. Sign, sign, sign, don't care who we sign just sign a 'striker'
For goodness sake wait till 1st September before bemoaning our transfer policy.
We'll have played 8 competitive games by then.

Advert

I get we want to wait for the right players because some of them are under contract with their clubs.

But then we sign Massey (a free agent) a couple of days before the season starts and he isn’t fit to even sit on the bench. Where has he been the last seven or eight weeks after Wigan let him go?

From the outside looking in things seem worrying. 

Full Credit to Darrell and his post match interview. 
Totally Honest as ever, said we were miles off and he apologised for the performance.

Why some fans can’t be as honest just baffles me !

Ah well on to the next one and hope for better.

UTV

I think we need 3 strikers. Wilson and Proctor, players as good as them to fill in when they are injured, then a young chancer and McD in reserve. Then a keeper and another centre half. Stone has been covered and is not our number 1. He can’t be.

6 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

Full Credit to Darrell and his post match interview. 
Totally Honest as ever, said we were miles off and he apologised for the performance.

Why some fans can’t be as honest just baffles me !

Ah well on to the next one and hope for better.

UTV

In what way should fans be honest? I don't think (or at the very least I hope they're not) anyone is happy with what they've seen today.

I do think now we are going into a couple of weeks which contain midweek fixtures we probably could do with ramping things up certainly in terms of at least one forward player. I'm expecting Massey to get some time on the pitch midweek also against Rotherham. A cup game should be the right opportunity to build that up in his case.

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Carl's back with a vengeance. Ditch the process, haven't replaced Taylor who was. Instrumental for us etc. Neglected to point out that 'the amazing Taylor' started today in a 3.0 defeat. Not so instrumental then.....

Carl who when he is asked did you watch the game replies ’ erm no but I listened to the commentary’. Don’t even know why they give him airtime he talks <ovf censored>.

Trouble is people like him hang on every word of the commentary as fact which is why he ends up talking <ovf censored>.

Not a slant on Phil because I think he does a good job overall, but certainly don’t agree with some of the things said as an opinion or that of his co commentator.

The club have made it very clear that we have a fixed playing budget.

So we can either panic and pay over the odds for a player who isn't going to take us forward. Or we wait till the wage demands moderate.

I don't want us signing players we don't really want just because we got beat 4-0 at Exeter.

I actually expect this season to be a struggle where we lose more than we win.  The only way forward is to stick together as a squad and not make rash signings.

39 minutes ago, philmpv said:

As bad as Proctor was today, I think the issue was our midfield (for 90 minutes). No attempts to play the ball at all, just constant panic and hoofing. We could have had Messi and Salah up top today and they would have been in the same boat. Clearly not instruction from the management so the blame today falls squarely at the feet of the players. It's particularly frustrating as we all know that they're so much better than that

I think he's been off it for a while. Exeter are a top half side. This season I'll be happy with middle of the table

Archived