onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Play a proper team with a chance of winning, and we potentially get some points. All the gaps have cost us points in a league where we have to get them where we can. This was a nice opportunity and we’ve squandered it with injury problems and no strikers coming in.

Advert

1 minute ago, mbycars said:

The worst team who beat fancied Plymouth today

Fancied by who? There is no denying Fleetwood finished one spot above the relegation zone last term and had awful finish. They were the worst team to survive and we made them look good in large parts.

The point is this, we are not good enough in effort, Today was shocking. You cannot deny that. If you are happy a 4-0 drubbing then it says it all.

I really hope that’s a misprint in the BBC write of DCs interview. If we are looking at 1 striker and 1 goalkeeper then Massey and that new striker will have to play 50 games each. That’s assuming Massey’s best position is striker when I assume he’s supposed to be first choice RWB. We’re going to look like a fantastic prospect for a striker this week. “So you just want me to get 5 goals for you?”

Well that is a reality check, and shows the task ahead.  I think what galls most people is that we thought we were on a par with Exeter after coming up with them, and beating them relatively recently.  That clearly wasn't the case today, and our limitations were exposed.  That's why it's important to keep an even keel over the next few months - from being Championship quality last week, the players have had their trousers removed today.  What matters now is how we respond to being garbage today - we need to bounce back and show a little more resilience against Rotherham and Bolton.   We were not a goal threat, and that will be noted by the management in addition to the defending.

10 minutes ago, 1 said:

You just know Proctor is waiting to have a few months off. The injuries are farcical at this club. Love DC, the infrastructure, the progress, the direction, but the injuries are ridiculous and in a poor league we still had enough to get over the line. We will get found out playing with returning players, crocks and fill ins this season - so let’s not.

If we don’t play returning players they never get to be regular players and will be returning players for evermore.

As bad as Proctor was today, I think the issue was our midfield (for 90 minutes). No attempts to play the ball at all, just constant panic and hoofing. We could have had Messi and Salah up top today and they would have been in the same boat. Clearly not instruction from the management so the blame today falls squarely at the feet of the players. It's particularly frustrating as we all know that they're so much better than that

5 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Fancied by who? There is no denying Fleetwood finished one spot above the relegation zone last term and had awful finish. They were the worst team to survive and we made them look good in large parts.

The point is this, we are not good enough in effort, Today was shocking. You cannot deny that. If you are happy a 4-0 drubbing then it says it all.

Who said I was happy. Plymouth have been tipped as top 7. Fleetwood have made decent signings amd had a massive injury problem last season and most of them have recovered. They are no where near as bad as you make out. I expect you will need to visit A and E after that knee jerk reaction 

8 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Ok, Maidenhead lost too. So what. Has absolutely nothing to do with Vale. I totally do not get your point.

And Maidenhead are in which league? Fleetwood are in 9th spot atm.We were tripe today.It must kill folk like you when we win.Moan off MV or at least go to sleep.

Just now, philmpv said:
4 minutes ago, JSValiant said:
Today shows up what a disappointing Pre-Season it has been.
Lacking Players and Fitness!
The Process needs to shape up !

Yet we won last week in exactly the same circumstances. Yet another to add to the LGO brigade

That’s Last Week 

Another weeks training and we looked more unfit.

Answer that !

Archived