onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

What a whitewash. Little poor innocent Swindon.

The quote from the fan saying he or she will never go to a Sporting event again is pretty nauseating and i'd hazard a guess a downright lie.

They really are a pathetic bunch. 

Why has nothing being challenged on our behalf ? .

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the next time we play these there will be leftovers from May off the pitch.

TBH If we were in the same situation we'd lay it on pretty thick as well but the problem with that report is that there is no balance with no statements from Vale representatives. I was in the Disabled Stand that night and agree with what's been said before that the first thing I saw thrown was from the away end.  Perhaps the FA didn't believe all of it either when you compare our £15k fine to the £300k Everton got.

I think the club has gone for the “we accept the findings and admit it wasn’t perfect” angle in order to receive the lowest fine possible.

We could have argued and argued but we would never have won and the fine would just have increased as we would have been seen to be “making excuses” and not accepting responsibility. 

Totally agree that those statements are comedic … ahh well. We made the £15k immediately and many many times over with a Wembley visit and with the extra crowds of being in league 1 so lovely Jubbly.

No wonder their players are so good at rolling round on the floor feigning injury. Conning people into thinking you are a victim is a club ethos for Swindon.

£15k fine speaks volumes. Vale have been the "bigger" club so to speak - we've accepted blame because it was at Vale park and so we are responsible for ensuring safety of fans. They might have got one over on us when it comes to controlling the narrative although lets not forget that the more swindony swindon fans wanted us kicked out of the playoffs (to be replaced by them I imagine) and so the £15k fine is not the win they had deluded themselves into thinking they would get.

But we all know the truth, we know who started throwing missiles first and we know who is lying about being victims because they can't handle their team getting deservedly dumped out of the playoffs by the eventual Champions.

We're in league one, we had one of the best days following Vale in our history and we've got the videos and photos of that penalty shootout and subsequent rubbing it in their faces immortalised on the internet whenever we're a bit down and need cheering up. It's worth £15k of anyone's money. We're the winners, they're the losers.

I <ovf censored> hate Swindon.

We accepted the blame because we were to blame.  Not enough police or stewards to prevent fans from “encroaching” on the pitch, but, more importantly, to allow the players from both sides to leave the pitch in an orderly manner, and to prevent a flashpoint at the away end.  As mentioned by others a £15k fine is getting off lightly.

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

What a whitewash. Little poor innocent Swindon.

The quote from the fan saying he or she will never go to a Sporting event again is pretty nauseating and i'd hazard a guess a downright lie.

They really are a pathetic bunch. 

Why has nothing being challenged on our behalf ? .

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the next time we play these there will be leftovers from May off the pitch.

STUNG disagrees , we'll never play them again .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just an opinion, but is it time we let this fixation with mocking Swindon drop? Don't get me wrong, replays of the McKirdy penalty still have the ability to make me laugh out loud, but can we let it lie now? (I know Vic and Bob never did, but that's not important right now).  We beat them fair and square, we went up, they stayed down, and life moves on. McKirdy became a joke figure and was assaulted for his comments. Their manager moved on and was sacked. I just think we need to accept they thought they were better than they were at the time, but then so do many other clubs and fans, including the Lard.  

I know their fans came across as arrogant with their comments about us, but they don't have a monopoly on that - we are equally acerbic about Walsall and the Lard, and the Shunters down the road. And we inflicted the Bycars on them in the second leg, which ought to be punishment enough, surely? It all seems to be a bit past its sell by date now to me.  Or am I in the minority here and there is still plenty of mileage in this particular tank?  

Archived