Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

10 hours ago, Santa said:

Their ‘derbies’ with Oxford and the Bristol clubs must be really <OVF censored>

All those electric feisty derbies 

Rangers v Celtic, Swansea v Cardiff, Sunderland v Toon, Pompey v Southampton. 

They can't hold a candle to the horrific hostility of Vale v Swindon .

What a bunch of melts. Have they still not accepted we beat them yet ?

7 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

I'm convinced that McKirdy raised the anti and atmosphere in that game not excusing any violence but I'm sure alot of it was down to his taunting with Williams about the Vale after the 1st game.

Spot on, plus the total arrogance of Swindon town fc.

Then the sheer emotional of looking beaten on  penalties and going on to win.  Promotion dream still alive and going to Wembley.  Unforgettable 

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the full report and my blood is boiling no mention of the seats thrown onto the pitch from Swindon fans and the fact that the Ref ignored advice that the penalties should have taken place at the Hamil End to avoid potential trouble is a joke.

And as for McKirdy words fail me he really is a piece of work.

From my vantage point on the goal line in the Lorne Street stand, the first bottle was thrown after a vale fan had climbed on to the crossbar, he was a target for quite a few objects. After that, I've got video of bottles being thrown in both directions, also the chair being thrown from the bycars and promptly being thrown right back. I just struggle to believe that when we win like the way we did pople would consciously carry empty beer bottles all the way over the pitch to the swindon fans, it seems much more believable that most of them came from the bycars end where Swindle fans would no doubt have had a few of them on the floor next to where they were standing, and carrying a bin all the way across the pitch? I don't believe it for a second

Irrespective of what the Swindon fans did and didn’t do, I hope we as a club learn our lessons from this. Keep the fans off the pitch and none of this happens. We shouldn’t be proud of the actions of many of our fans that night. Having said that, we definitely shouldn’t be taking lessons from mcKirdy who does nothing but inflame and incite. And I’m not sure what a “victim of the peace is”!

Where did the bin come from? I’ve never seen one down that end of the ground and the ones there are would be full at that point down the far end concourse.

Seems some strange statements in there, but regardless I trust we will learn the lessons as a club and hopefully the idiots will be less brainless in the future to leave a blot on a great night.

35 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Just read the full report and my blood is boiling no mention of the seats thrown onto the pitch from Swindon fans and the fact that the Ref ignored advice that the penalties should have taken place at the Hamil End to avoid potential trouble is a joke.

And as for McKirdy words fail me he really is a piece of work.

Does this indicate a failure on behalf of the club to get " our truth" out there?  Swindon seemed to own the narrative all the way through this. I don't know, not being critical,  just wondering.

1 minute ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Does this indicate a failure on behalf of the club to get " our truth" out there?  Swindon seemed to own the narrative all the way through this. I don't know, not being critical,  just wondering.

I’m surprised they haven’t tried to brief the media against the ref who got a protein shake thrown over his suit. 

Archived