onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: POS2 Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

Swindon’s brave Pulitzer Prize winning local journalists and their many millions of fans need to learn to let go.

They came to ****house us but they got out ****housed. Yeah I get it. They thought they were already in the final. Their pride took a battering, and they're indignant about it.

They should show a bit more emotional maturity and concentrate on what they can affect in the present. Their local rag should probably be a bit more responsible instead of fuelling the fire , trying to turn it into clickbait.

Pursuing this crusade won’t bring the play offs back. We can’t turn back the clock to the middle of May.

We will get a similar fine. Hope those responsible realise the effect their behaviour has on the club. 
If anybody went on the pitch with the intent of harming opposition players or fans or generally doing something that they shouldn't, then I'd agree with you. But there's very little evidence of any wrongdoing apart from maybe a bit of taunting from which the Swindon players should have had the sense to walk away from and get down the tunnel.

Unfortunately, pitch invasions happen up and down the country and I see no harm in it if done for the right reasons and the right intent.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Unlikely as it is, in other words, "no chance", I'd like to see Swindon charged with bringing the game in to disrepute over their reaction to this whole affair.

Vale will rightly  receive their consequences and accept it, but most of the claims levelled by Swindon should surely be dismissed as incitement, if not libelous against another club, once the investigations conclude that they were made without any substantial truth behind them.

Additionally, their failure to acknowledge and condem the part that their own fans played and even worse, their players, who can clearly be seen to be actively seeking confrontation with others on the pitch.

Sort it properly,  FA. The only thing that ended with Swindon becoming victims was that they struggled to come to terms of having their aspirations ended by a superior team and so sought to snatch our prize away at any cost. Tossers, the lot of em'.

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

If anybody went on the pitch with the intent of harming opposition players or fans or generally doing something that they shouldn't, then I'd agree with you. But there's very little evidence of any wrongdoing apart from maybe a bit of taunting from which the Swindon players should have had the sense to walk away from and get down the tunnel.

Unfortunately, pitch invasions happen up and down the country and I see no harm in it if done for the right reasons and the right intent.

I asked someone a while back if they had gone on the pitch at Wembley. I got no reply but of course the answer was no. Were our celebrations any less enthusiastic?

I was at Wycombe when we last won promotion. Micky Adams and the players wanted to go on the pitch and thank the fans but couldn’t because a load ran on the pitch. 

I asked someone a while back if they had gone on the pitch at Wembley. I got no reply but of course the answer was no. Were our celebrations any less enthusiastic?
I was at Wycombe when we last won promotion. Micky Adams and the players wanted to go on the pitch and thank the fans but couldn’t because a load ran on the pitch. 

Whilst I understand what you are saying, Wembley is not our ground and it's virtually impossible to get on the pitch there. There's no real comparison.

Micky Adams and team could quite easily have waited for the fans to disperse back to the stands and then come out.

I think you're being a bit too precious about this.

Bristol Rovers have been fined £16500 for their pitch invasions. Those actions influenced the result as they delayed the finish and knew exactly what they needed to do. The opposition had their GK attacked...during the game.

Compare this to Swindle. Their own fans threw seats on to the pitch. Their own players took action against our fans(who shouldn't have been on the pitch).These actions occurred after the match had finished.

Attention needs to be drawn to Egbo(now at Charlton) and O'Brien(on loan from Palace). The former clearly lied about his so called scratch,the latter clearly there punches at supporters. Just because they are no longer at the club doesn't mean they shouldn't be excluded.

I bet there's no mention from the Swindle press.

To conclude,Vale should get nowhere near the fine that Bristol did...

31 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Whilst I understand what you are saying, Wembley is not our ground and it's virtually impossible to get on the pitch there. There's no real comparison.

Micky Adams and team could quite easily have waited for the fans to disperse back to the stands and then come out.

I think you're being a bit too precious about this.

Virtually impossible to get on the pitch. That is exactly the point. Did that affect your enjoyment of the moment?  Did you think “oh sh** I wish I could get on the pitch.”  The players had a wonderful time celebrating because there were no fans mucking about on the pitch.

Were you at the Wycombe game?  If not you have no idea what you’re talking about with respect.

Have we forgotten Hillsborough?  A tragedy not caused by the fans on the day but by fans in years before that led to those ridiculous fences being erects around pitches all over the country.

I’m not being precious at all.  I was at Newcastle’s last home game. The atmosphere in the stadium was electric. They murdered Arsenal 2-0, could have been 6. At the end of the match 99% of the fans stayed in the ground while the players and their families did a lap of honour. Not a single fan went on the pitch. We’re they being “too precious” do you think?

26 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Virtually impossible to get on the pitch. That is exactly the point. Did that affect your enjoyment of the moment?  Did you think “oh sh** I wish I could get on the pitch.”  The players had a wonderful time celebrating because there were no fans mucking about on the pitch.

Were you at the Wycombe game?  If not you have no idea what you’re talking about with respect.

Have we forgotten Hillsborough?  A tragedy not caused by the fans on the day but by fans in years before that led to those ridiculous fences being erects around pitches all over the country.

I’m not being precious at all.  I was at Newcastle’s last home game. The atmosphere in the stadium was electric. They murdered Arsenal 2-0, could have been 6. At the end of the match 99% of the fans stayed in the ground while the players and their families did a lap of honour. Not a single fan went on the pitch. We’re they being “too precious” do you think?

It was a question of trust for the fences to come down on the understanding that trespass  upon the pitch would be dealt with. I believe some grounds in Italy still have tall fencing. I expect heavy stewarding/police at the Bolton game.

Archived