• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Advert:

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I'm not having a pop at you but why wouldn't it? Would some Keith Lard-esque character really stick their oar in because for one game, the same permitted amount of people sat in a stand would be wearing red shirts instead of white? It's pathetic bureaucracy. 

Ingress and egress is one of the major considerations of the certificate and particularly the interaction between rival supporters. 
I actually agree with you about the bureaucracy in football but with just a week to go there’s no way Vale will have the time to gain the regulatory approvals from the Council and Emergency Services unless this change is written into the conditions of the certification.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Look and admire what MK Don's chairman has done. He has restricted Wycombe's allocation to 2000 for the 2nd leg even though they have a circa 30,000 capacity. Brilliant. Are you watching Carol?

Totally agree with that approach. Why should clubs, with bigger away capacities, disadvantage themselves?

Edited by soothsayer
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don't know what the club will do here.

The money might be nice, but the TV revenue will offset it easily. To have 8700 home fans v 4000 away fans is eroding 2nd leg home advantage massively. It's approaching neutral venue vibes.

4000 in one stand, compared to 8700 across three stands - much easier for them to make a lot of noise/

I can't see how we could be happy with a 66/33 split at VP compared to a 90/10 split at Swindon. With 1200 Swindon still get their 10% allocation. 

However, it's not my money/business and Carol has put a lot of cash in the last two seasons - she may see this as the dividend. Despite this, promotion will make the club a lot more money in the next 5 years than a full away end + no promotion would.

Considering all of the hassle of changing stands, the only thing I can see happening is a limit on Swindon's following.

Edited by Joe B

I can see all the arguments and counter arguments on this make sense.

I'm in the give them a poor allocation camp.

But a lot will depend on the result of the first leg. Swindon hold the upper hand I can see decent numbers ,were we to hold the aces then maybe a Thursday night they might bring 1500. 

Either way our allocation down there is pathetic. 

• Like 1

Advert:

I don't believe there is any extra TV money for these games as they are guaranteed games to be on so are included in the money all clubs get. The play off teams each get 25% of gate money from final and I think the semis as well

• Thanks 1

I don't believe there is any extra TV money for these games as they are guaranteed games to be on so are included in the money all clubs get. The play off teams each get 25% of gate money from final and I think the semis as well
If both teams get 25% of the gate from the semi final games, then who gets the remaining 50%?! That doesn't make sense?

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, londonvale said:

If both teams get 25% of the gate from the semi final games, then who gets the remaining 50%?! That doesn't make sense?

The EFL and I think it gets distributed to all the clubs..who get  a % or they use for funding stadium etc

12 minutes ago, londonvale said:

The EFL and I think it gets distributed to all the clubs..who get  a % or they use for funding stadium etc

As long as Scunthorpe get none of it after yesterday's shocking effort

• Like 1

Advert:

Brilliant!

I couldn't give two hoots where they stick the Swindle fans...limit them to 1200 max.

Focus on sticking as many Vale fans in as possible. Use the Hamil End if possible...better facilities,covered area etc etc

All of this discussion aside, the decision has to be taken to ensure that Port Vale promotion is most likely. It'll recoup the £1m invested by Carol over the pandemic, and probably more as there will be more ST sales, more shirt sales due to extra positivity. The money made by extra tickets is pennies in comparison (3000 x £23 = 70k).

We should start on the basis of limiting Swindon to the same % of fans as we will get at the County Ground, and work from there. I still think, logistically, we'll end up just shutting off 75% of the Hamil and shoving 1000 Swindon fans in the far corner.

I'd hope the club's relationship with the police would prompt some cooperation around partitioning the Hamil Road end, with separate entrances for each set of fans and an agreement to hold Swindon fans back whatever the result to ensure swift departure.

After witnessing their behaviour post-Oldham, and their blaming of the supporters, I fear they'll be very resistant to any initiative that complicates their jobs

Advert:

<ovf censored> me, the state of this:

Vale fans very bitter about only getting 1,200 tickets for this game but they have never ever brought more than 350 fans ever since I started going in 74. Also unlike them we don't need to cash in on away ticket sales to sell out, pack the CG with Swindon fans, another 13,500 of them for a sell out.

They are all suggesting they just give us 1,200 but I doubt their club can afford to not sell the other 3,000 possible tickets as segregation would cost them way more than its worth, not like Vale fans are very loud at home so a few more of their own fans wont help them. They have only averaged a paltry 5,900 this season and had just two 8,500+ crowds this season.

Vale have only twice had 10k+ crowds in the last 10 years, 12,601 vs near neighbours Wolves 10 years ago and a few weeks ago vs Bristol Rovers when they got 10,840 with Rovers occupying 2,222.

They only took 2,245 to Walsall their local derby a few weeks ago so why should we let them have 2,600 and they dont even sell it out?

Also the game is shown live on Sky I understand so not like they even need a big screen beamback set up.

Att: 14,451 (1,192 Valies).