• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Play-offs v Swindon Tickets

Advert:

16 hours ago, Doha said:

The most straightforward and cost effective way to do this is put them in the Lorne Street to reciprocate their small allocation allowance, Vale pack out the Hamil with access via the Paddock. Away end car park segregated as normal, from there Swindon walk round to the LS. Line of stewards on Bycars lane to segregate that side. 

This is perfectly doable with some initiative and common sense decision making. Even segregated off behind the Hamil end for the benefit of the Police (to the detriment of home fans queueing times)

There's absolutely no way Swindon would be allowed in the Railway Stand as mentioned above. The club is being difficult this season about just trying to get bloody Vale fans in there, nevermind an away side. 

Not being picky mate but why are the club making it difficult getting vale fans in the stand 

10 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Not being picky mate but why are the club making it difficult getting vale fans in the stand 

I think the Vale board will be in discussions about beaming tge away leg back to Vale park and tickets for that will cover the costs of paying to do it?

Speaking of sides playing silly beggars with ticket allocations, MK Dons have limited Wycombe to 2,000, despite most of the top tier around the whole stadium being empty and the lower tier of the away end being empty. Not only that, they have stuck the 2,000 Wycombe fans in the top tier and split the allocation between two sections.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Speaking of sides playing silly beggars with ticket allocations, MK Dons have limited Wycombe to 2,000, despite most of the top tier around the whole stadium being empty and the lower tier of the away end being empty. Not only that, they have stuck the 2,000 Wycombe fans in the top tier and split the allocation between two sections.

Talk about divide and conquer 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Cant fault them

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Nothing wrong with that. Top quality <ovf censored> housing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would imagine Sky have a big say in any beam back provision, but would be ace if it can be laid on
I'm think they charge pubs etc by the square meter of space. Can't see why they would treat Vale Park any differently so the cost to the club would be astronomical.

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

You'd think Sky would be happy to do a deal really, they could have a camera on the fans then for reaction to goals etc. 

But they could do that with a camera focused on the away section at the actual game. 

Like them or loathe them, they've paid a lot of money for the rights - I can't imagine they will be interested in anything which sees them lose revenue. It's a commercial company, their job is to make as much money out of the football rights as they can, so if Sky are even willing to allow a big screen I would imagine it's going to be costly.

• Like 1

A beam back makes sense when the game isn’t on telly and able to be watched by any legal means.

But in this situation I imagine quite a few people will watch at home or at their local. The club might decide to put it on in the Valiant Suite, add a spot of Sunday lunch and see if that works. 

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been posted before (apologies if so). Ticket allocations for the other play-off semi-finals

• Mansfield (capacity 9,186) - away allocation 1,651 
  • Northampton (capacity 7,798) - away allocation 1,468 

• Like 1

Advert:

12 minutes ago, Warren said:

Isn't Swindon's ground in "a bit of a state" which might affect overall attendance and away attendance. 

Yes very old stadium in need of a refurb. Old uncomfortable metal seats in the away end and that open end is worse than our family stand...

Posted (edited)

Last time I went to Swindon we conceded a hatful (≥ 5) and I think I got stung £25 to get in. I realise that doesn’t narrow down which game it was.

It’s never been an away fixture I’ve relished much partly because of our record there, partly because of the bloody journey and partly because we’ve probably been in the same division as them more than any other team in the 30+ years I’ve been going Vale regularly.

I might be getting it mixed up with Peterborough in my head but it’s not the worst stadium in the world, that stand reminds me of an old school building.

That side stand opposite looks decent, I think they opened that against us in 94 when we went there on the opening day. However I wouldn’t want to be in that open end with those Wembley style stools if I can help it. 

Edited by Santa