onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 hour ago, Santa said:

He doesn’t seem like the profile of player we’d be looking to pay six figures for, given that we haven’t paid that much for a player in God knows how many years. Someone in their early to mid twenties with a possibility of a resale would make a lot more sense. 

Don't you think we paid 6 figures for each of Forrester and Harrison?  I certainly do. 

Advert

1 minute ago, ollyandpatch said:

DC reckons 3 players in before the deadline so which players are leaving?

Hussey for one. On too much not to be a starter. Dan Jones another, have no idea what’s happened to his form as he started brilliantly last year.

And the third….. suspect it’ll be a ‘big’ transfer for money, like Conlon, Garrity or maybe even…..Proctor???

In coming, I’ll say it now…. Denis Politic.

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

Hussey for one. On too much not to be a starter. Dan Jones another, have no idea what’s happened to his form as he started brilliantly last year.

And the third….. suspect it’ll be a ‘big’ transfer for money, like Conlon, Garrity or maybe even…..Proctor???

In coming, I’ll say it now…. Denis Politic.

Oooooh yer boiling me juices here..............I can feel it coming.............

yep, its here.................

Den Den Den Den Den Den.........................

2 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Maybe does Vale a bit of discredit with their ‘ambition’ when it is reported as undisclosed. I also think they have paid 6 figures for each. 

I don't think it was. I suspect for Forrester there is a big sell on and other clauses, so the total could end up being over 100k. Bottom line at the moment is he's our 4th choice centrehalf.  Defensively he's good but nowhere near Cass or Hall at the moment in his general play. Fleetwood needed Harrison off their wage bill because they want Stockton and he will be on a decent wage they inherited from Portsmouth. Maybe 50k.  

I suspect Stockton had hoped Derby, Ipswich, Portsmouth or Bolton would come in for him. That would have given him a ten grand a week wage. He's probably after something pretty significant still but less than those 4 pay. He's probably got 4 seasons to boost his retirement fund. From the little I've seen of him I can see why the big clubs haven't come in for him. I think he'd be a great signing for us but Fleetwood are his most likely destination still. He'll get a lot of game time if we sign him because good as Proctor and Wilson are they have poor fitness records. Harrison and Stockton would be a good starting partnership, Harrison's good back to goal and Stockton always seems happier running into space.

6 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Oooooh yer boiling me juices here..............I can feel it coming.............

yep, its here.................

Den Den Den Den Den Den.........................

I don’t think we ever expected him to go to Italy, but when they came in, why wouldn’t you?? Clearly he hasn’t had much game time there and if he hasn’t settled is maybe in the wilderness and needing some ‘love’ (you know what these modern footballers are like) to kickstart what could be a stagnating career and he’s not what you would necessarily class as a youngster on football terms. We’ll see………

Archived