onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Maybe worth a loan bid? Seems an odd signing all together on their part unless they don’t think he’s as good as they thought 

I’d have him back and happily accept he is never going be 90 minute game man , I suspect his wage demands would negate that luxury though

Advert

Just watched the youtube video of Stocktons goals last season, and if we did get him for the hundred or so grand being banded about, it would seem to be a steal. I cant help thinking that one of the 'big boys' of this league will be in for him, as I am sure is his wish having handed in the old transfer request. But you never know.......................

12 minutes ago, bennymole said:

Just watched the youtube video of Stocktons goals last season, and if we did get him for the hundred or so grand being banded about, it would seem to be a steal. I cant help thinking that one of the 'big boys' of this league will be in for him, as I am sure is his wish having handed in the old transfer request. But you never know.......................

I have noticed the farthest South he has played is Tranmere. And he is North West based. So if they are the legitimate parameters the only big club he could go to is Bolton. 

Re: Cole Stockton.

Looks like a really good league one striker. Scored all kinds of goals last year and seems to have enough presence that he wouldnt go missing.

It's good to be linked to this kind of player. A couple of points:

1. Re-sale Value: Seen a few comments on this seeing as he is 28. I think the key word here is value. Personally i don't think we are in the position to go too big on a fee for a player that could be 30 at the end of next season. If the price was right though completely buy into the argument that the value is in his goals potentially keeping us up and making us more attractive in next years transfer window by beeing and established league one club

2. Personal Motivation: I will get slated for this but i don't understand how he would be motivated to join us. He's probably of the mindset that he has had a wonder season, been grafting in lower leagues all his career etc and his next move is to a higher league or a league one promotion project. Hope this isnt arrogant against morecambe but i see us as a step up. However we are not a 'project' league one team. Our ambition is to stay up at the moment. A lot of our signings so far have a clear emotional narrative:

Games to start career: cass, forrester

Rebuild career: Wilson, Harrison

We've spotted something in you and can unlock your potential: Garrity, Hall

I'm just saying i'm not sure what the narrative is for cole stockton. Moving from a club with similar ambitions (stay in the league) where he is a hero. It'd be different if he was a league 2 player but beyond wages i can't see the pull*

*puts on tin hat for not talking up the vale

It's a mega tough place to earn a living in football. He has to follow the money in a short career. Also as a Romanian he may see Italy as closer to home and his ties with England should not be that strong. 
Depends where his family are, has Brexit changed their circumstances? Maybe more than football in his decision?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Depends where his family are, has Brexit changed their circumstances? Maybe more than football in his decision?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I have looked at Cremona now as well. I mean there is no way he would want to swap it for Burslem whether or not he can get in their team. I know Burslem has good pubs and a Wright's pie shop but .....

Would he happy with Stockton but not fussed either way as I'm sure whoever the Vale are after as a bit about themselves .
Unbelievable though there's never any inside info no more although there is a fella on Facebook who knows when players are starting games but that's is due to association with one of the squad
It's very cloak and dagger .
I like it how it should be if it comes out sometimes a bidding war starts best pull a fast one and get players in when folk haven't noticed well other clubs haven't so to speak apart from the club we getting players from .
Its good a exciting week and few days in store
Is it 31st Aug end of transfer window so lots of time to wheel and deal .
One things for certain nobody knows what's going occur

5 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Would he happy with Stockton but not fussed either way as I'm sure whoever the Vale are after as a bit about themselves .
Unbelievable though there's never any inside info no more although there is a fella on Facebook who knows when players are starting games but that's is due to association with one of the squad
It's very cloak and dagger .
I like it how it should be if it comes out sometimes a bidding war starts best pull a fast one and get players in when folk haven't noticed well other clubs haven't so to speak apart from the club we getting players from .
Its good a exciting week and few days in store
Is it 31st Aug end of transfer window so lots of time to wheel and deal .
One things for certain nobody knows what's going occur

I think the club is now very professional. No one in any walk of life whose successful does business in the public eye. 

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Re: Cole Stockton.

Looks like a really good league one striker. Scored all kinds of goals last year and seems to have enough presence that he wouldnt go missing.

It's good to be linked to this kind of player. A couple of points:

1. Re-sale Value: Seen a few comments on this seeing as he is 28. I think the key word here is value. Personally i don't think we are in the position to go too big on a fee for a player that could be 30 at the end of next season. If the price was right though completely buy into the argument that the value is in his goals potentially keeping us up and making us more attractive in next years transfer window by beeing and established league one club

2. Personal Motivation: I will get slated for this but i don't understand how he would be motivated to join us. He's probably of the mindset that he has had a wonder season, been grafting in lower leagues all his career etc and his next move is to a higher league or a league one promotion project. Hope this isnt arrogant against morecambe but i see us as a step up. However we are not a 'project' league one team. Our ambition is to stay up at the moment. A lot of our signings so far have a clear emotional narrative:

Games to start career: cass, forrester

Rebuild career: Wilson, Harrison

We've spotted something in you and can unlock your potential: Garrity, Hall

I'm just saying i'm not sure what the narrative is for cole stockton. Moving from a club with similar ambitions (stay in the league) where he is a hero. It'd be different if he was a league 2 player but beyond wages i can't see the pull*

*puts on tin hat for not talking up the vale

Perhaps he thinks Morecambe are going down this season and his next club (whether that's Vale or someone else) won't? Then his motivation is to be still playing L1 football next season.

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Re Stockton, not sure if this has been mentioned but Worcester Warriors the Premiership rugby union club, are close to a winding up petition over unpaid tax. The connection?? Their owners are also those of…. you guessed it, Morecombe. 

Wow!!!

I don't get Stockton's "resale value" being an issue. Since when has that been our priority under DF and DC?

Surely the first priority is a simple one - will he improve the team? 

Secondly, is he a decent character and thirdly will he accept the wage structure.

I don't think there's anyone in the squad that has been bought specifically to sell on...

• Wilson - great player but will anyone pay big money with his injury record?
  • Hall - great player but late starter and is now 29
  • Garrity - great player but a L1 rookie so far...

And if you look at other signings - were Hussey, Proctor, Martin, Pett etc brought in so they could be sold - or were they brought in as experienced additions to the PVFC squad. 

For me, if Stockton meets the first three requirements great. If there is a resale element then great but it's not essential.

On 19/08/2022 at 20:36, Guppys left peg said:

I get Huddersfield sending him to L2 to guarantee him more minutes and from a location perspective Bradford makes sense. With that said Hughes for a very long time has been a 4-2-3-1 manager and Harratt is not really someone to play as a lone striker so think there would probably be more suitable clubs who play two up top to send him to. He needs someone to link up play alongside him, that’s why him and Willo looked so good in the playoffs. As you say though it’s Huddersfield’s call alone.

I went to Hartlepool on Saturday to watch Bradford and Bradford started with Andy Cook upfront but were struggling. Second half and Harratt came on to partner Cook and caused absolute chaos. Within a minute of coming on he got an assist. His dad was in the stands standing on the seats loving it and the Bradford fans have taken to him immediately and that was after missing 3 games through suspension. Id have had him back in a heartbeat. 

15 minutes ago, robf said:

I don't get Stockton's "resale value" being an issue. Since when has that been our priority under DF and DC?

Secondly, is he a decent character and thirdly will he accept the wage structure.

I don't think there's anyone in the squad that has been bought specifically to sell on...

And if you look at other signings - were Hussey, Proctor, Martin, Pett etc brought in so they could be sold - or were they brought in as experienced additions to the PVFC squad. 

For me, if Stockton meets the first three requirements great. If there is a resale element then great but it's not essential.

Why are people so bothered about resale?

18 minutes ago, robf said:

I think in the past DC has said its about balanced recruitment. Not everyone has to be some project you sell on for money etc. Some of it will be calculating if he can score us X amount of goals to keep us up in this league that would be worth as much as any sell on value in itself.

Archived