onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Volcano has become a Vale Cult Hero but for the wrong reasons - just can't seem to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Yet he appears so gentle, jovial, good humored, calm etc etc off the field when interviewed. People run onto a football pitch and their personality changes.

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

I don’t understand your point then?

The whole point of our wage structure is supposed to be around fairness, equality etc, no big time Charlies earning mega bucks and upsetting others on less money. I am sure Thierry won't turn up in his Porsche and rub it in. (I don't know if he has a Porsche, just trying to explain what I mean)

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

The whole point of our wage structure is supposed to be around fairness, equality etc, no big time Charlies earning mega bucks and upsetting others on less money. I am sure Thierry won't turn up in his Porsche and rub it in. (I don't know if he has a Porsche, just trying to explain what I mean)

It is but I think our contracted players are smart enough to know someone who is contracted to a Premier League club may be on more money than them. Am sure that was the case when Cass came on loan last season and wasn’t a problem so not sure why it would be now. What contract exists between him and Southampton is between them and nothing to do with us. 

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Very possible on your second point, wouldn't put it past most agents to do that but i'd like to hope Flickers and DC would spot something like that from a mile off given there experience. 

I was meaning hard ball in going for quality players, and trying to negotiate them within our wage structure. In the case of Blackman for example, he simply found another team willing to pay for him, i imagine a number of targets have done the same if we were a way apart on terms.

What we can only hope for is that some of the targets we started with, have still not gotten fixed up. However I imagine a result like Saturdays wont help our bargaining position, as agents will know we are getting more desperate for bodies. 

We weren't outpriced on Blackman, he didn't want to sign any longer than a year and we wanted something a bit longer terms so we weren't in the same situation this time next year. 

1 minute ago, Guppys left peg said:

It is but I think our contracted players are smart enough to know someone who is contracted to a Premier League club may be on more money than them. Am sure that was the case when Cass came on loan last season and wasn’t a problem so not sure why it would be now. What contract exists between him and Southampton is between them and nothing to do with us. 

In that case why would it be a problem if we paid the going rate for strikers rather than trying to find ones who don't want to play for us for "financial gain" as the article said. I am sure the other players would understand in the same way. 

13 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Yet he appears so gentle, jovial, good humored, calm etc etc off the field when interviewed. People run onto a football pitch and their personality changes.

Just like McKirdy but he is the antichrist according to some on here

24 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If your brining lads in on loan from clubs above us they are always going to be on more money than our lads. 

For loan lads it’s not about how much they earn, it’s all about attitude and aptitude. That’s the point of interviewing a player so they pass the Big Time Charlie test.

You can be a high earner, drive a nice car and not be a tosser.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

We will certainly pay a fee for one striker but whether they are proven or not we will have to wait and see(personally I would like Simpson from Ipswich but he isn't really proven), then as you say one will be a young loan from higher up but i cant see us taking a point on non league, I do think we will target 3 forwards so maybe 2 will involve a fee

I’d be happy with someone like Simpson, I’d be shocked if we managed to get him signed up though 

16 hours ago, bobbymanc said:

2. Not really, but you don't know the full story.

4. That's why you don't wait until the last minute to sort out your signings. The value of our chairwoman and Director of Football swanning off to Spain for 9 days in prime transfer season begins to look ill thought out with a result like that.

2. And you do because you're his agent? Family? Close personal friend?

4. FFS - it's the 21st century. Working from Spain is as easy as working in Burslem. Let it go - even you know how to use t'interweb!

Also - FFS - 3 weeks of not knowing which League we would be in put us around, I'd guess, 3 weeks behind! Do you listen to any other teams' managers? Clubs like Man Utd / West Ham / Leicester / Bournemouth / Newcastle...all have missed out on targets; some have openly admitted recruitment isn't going well (despite their budgets); Leicester still haven't signed anyone...I appreciate they have financial problems. It isn't only the Vale that's struggling? I believe Exeter had only brought one player in?...but they seem to have sorted out their Academy, and have good youngsters coming through - something we are catching up on.

11 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
17 hours ago, LancyTony said:
Wow! Hindsight isn't available all the time!

Hindsight not required. Isn't trust the process all about foresight ?

It is...but it's still processed by fallible humans, not infallible AI!

Archived