onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

6 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Hang on....You said you would have taken Oliver but when you take into consideration his desire to move to the Yorkshire area and sign a 3 year deal you say no you wouldn't, same applies to Telford a one season wonder who has gone to Crawley on , big money and a 3 year contract and just look at his record at his previous clubs......Don't you see the problem the club 's got, it's easy on paper and FIFA 22 but in the real world it's very difficult to bring the right fit for player and club together. 

I mean I can't help Vale not being in Yorkshire. We were was asked which forward players do we think would have improved us and I answered. I would have taken Oliver as cover for Proctor or Wilson, in a hypothetical world. I assume you know Telford and Oliver personally given you know of there big wages and love for Yorkshire?

Advert

Ray, my opinion is based solely on PVFC both doing well and competing in this league, that’s all. I’m not being unrealistic thinking we’ll be promoted again, my target before the season started, was to just remain in L1. Take the Blackman signing by Exeter, they have very little money, yet sign him with the agreement being he’ll move to a Championship club next season. They accept its unlikely to be with them, but they’ll have him for a season to allow them to establish themselves. We let Covolan go out on loan for me that was the right thing to do but not when there’s no cover for Stone. I accept that we also need the right players but when we start putting caveats into place then this drastically narrows our choices. 

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I like that stat.

What % of them stayed up when they didn’t get 8 points from the first 5 games?

If it’s still high then it may overplay the importance of those first 5.

Not too sure to be honest, I don’t think they mentioned it - agree if still high then not completely relevant 

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Ray, my opinion is based solely on PVFC both doing well and competing in this league, that’s all. I’m not being unrealistic thinking we’ll be promoted again, my target before the season started, was to just remain in L1. Take the Blackman signing by Exeter, they have very little money, yet sign him with the agreement being he’ll move to a Championship club next season. They accept its unlikely to be with them, but they’ll have him for a season to allow them to establish themselves. We let Covolan go out on loan for me that was the right thing to do but not when there’s no cover for Stone. I accept that we also need the right players but when we start putting caveats into place then this drastically narrows our choices. 

In fairness, Exeter have made a fortune in the last few years from Oli Watkins alone. I think they would have a budget far higher that you'd think.

I might be completely wrong here but I don’t see us signing a proven forward. Us showing this patience and the strict personality test our signings need to have I just see other sides paying more and getting proven forwards. I can see us getting someone with an average record, a decent loan option and then a punt from non league - which I’m not against. I just hope whoever we sign has had a full pre season and ready to go, not a month to get fit. 

6 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Unsure why them being a freebie would be an issue, but in terms of teams we should be able to compete with budget wise, I'd have taken Telford (Crawley), Kellor-Dunn (Burton), Marquis (Brizzle), Nlundulu (Cheltenham), Edmondson (Carlisle) and Vadaine Oliver (Bradford)

I’m glad you’re a fan and not our DOF.

I was a Telford fan until he’s shown himself to be only about money but the others are only filling holes. We need to do better than that until it’s 1 minute before the end of the transfer window.

I will agree that all of your suggestions  will improve us currently😀.

1 minute ago, MBE said:

I’m glad you’re a fan and not our DOF.

I was a Telford fan until he’s shown himself to be only about money but the others are only filling holes. We need to do better than that until it’s 1 minute before the end of the transfer window.

I will agree that all of your suggestions  will improve us currently😀.

As we've seen in the past, no signing is ever guaranteed to be a success. I had such high hopes for Lawrie Wilson...😵

13 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

In fairness, Exeter have made a fortune in the last few years from Oli Watkins alone. I think they would have a budget far higher that you'd think.

Walka, I was in communication with Exeter Red who posts on OVF and this is what he replied, when I told him that was what PVFC fans were saying about the Jamal signing.

Exeter Red ©32
Replied: 58 minutes ago
Ampadu was in our Acadamy from U7's and made his
debut for us at 15 before Chelsea took him for
peanuts relatively. We get 20% of each of his loan
deals. Chelsea fans think he came through their
academy but he joined them at 17. Regards Blackman
we dont have the money full stop we have a three
year budget cycle and our budget for this season is
only marginally more than last season as we have had
to spend all our reserves (800k) on our new training
ground redevelopment there is is no money to be
splashed hence why we only got one other player who
is on loan from Southampton and they are paying all
his wages and havent charged us a loan fee as we
dont have the money. I think your poster has just put
2+2 together and assumed because he didnt join Vale
we must have out bid you. He came as he knows
Scott Brown well and only wants the one year deal.

29 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I mean I can't help Vale not being in Yorkshire. We were was asked which forward players do we think would have improved us and I answered. I would have taken Oliver as cover for Proctor or Wilson, in a hypothetical world. I assume you know Telford and Oliver personally given you know of there big wages and love for Yorkshire?

No I dont know either, except what was said on the Bradford site when Oliver signed, he's been at Gillingham and wanted to move up north, as far as Telford is concerned why do you think he signed for a little club like Crawley ? Could it have been the 3year deal and the money......

I asked Exeter Red to explain how their fans owned club works and this was the reply.

We have 3,500 Trust members elect a Trust Board. Half of the
Club Board is made up of elected Trustees. The Trust
through its fans contributes to the running costs of
the club but we have developed as a club through our
Academy having sold £7M worth of players including
Watkins (England) and Ampadu (Wales). There is total
transparancy and oversight of decisions which was
necessary after we dropped out of the league in 2003
due to a pair of crooks who nearly lost us our club
racking up £4M of debt. It's tough and has taken 15
years of hard work to become sustainable. We have
no debt or even an overdraft and have to keep to
strict budgets. I was on the club Board for a while as I
was previously the Trust Chairman

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Walka, I was in communication with Exeter Red who posts on OVF and this is what he replied, when I told him that was what PVFC fans were saying about the Jamal signing.

Exeter Red ©32
Replied: 58 minutes ago
Ampadu was in our Acadamy from U7's and made his
debut for us at 15 before Chelsea took him for
peanuts relatively. We get 20% of each of his loan
deals. Chelsea fans think he came through their
academy but he joined them at 17. Regards Blackman
we dont have the money full stop we have a three
year budget cycle and our budget for this season is
only marginally more than last season as we have had
to spend all our reserves (800k) on our new training
ground redevelopment there is is no money to be
splashed hence why we only got one other player who
is on loan from Southampton and they are paying all
his wages and havent charged us a loan fee as we
dont have the money. I think your poster has just put
2+2 together and assumed because he didnt join Vale
we must have out bid you. He came as he knows
Scott Brown well and only wants the one year deal.

Fair enough, I dont really understand how they don't have the money...I thought it was widely reported they had a decent sell on fee when Oli Watkins joined Villa from Brentford, so regardless of whether or not the Ampadu deal was crap from their point of view, they still have other players that they've made sizeable profits on.

7 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Fair enough, I dont really understand how they don't have the money...I thought it was widely reported they had a decent sell on fee when Oli Watkins joined Villa from Brentford, so regardless of whether or not the Ampadu deal was crap from their point of view, they still have other players that they've made sizeable profits on.

Walka, I’ve just looked at Wiki how accurate that is is anyones idea, however I do not have any source of information. They probably made £3.5m from add ons and the £1.7m for the sale of Watkins to Brentford. I’m not sure how long that’ll keep a club going for. I have no reason to disbelieve Exeter Red

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

This flat wage structure is fine in theory but doesn't it mean that Thierry Small is our highest paid player even if some of it comes from Southampton?

I don’t know we’re you get the idea of a flat wage structure from. The best,most important senior players in our team are paid more than the others.

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

Walka, I’ve just looked at Wiki how accurate that is is anyones idea, however I do not have any source of information. They probably made £3.5m from add ons and the £1.7m for the sale of Watkins to Brentford. I’m not sure how long that’ll keep a club going for. I have no reason to disbelieve Exeter Red

No i guess not, he knows his club better than us. Just doesn't seem logical to me but i guess Covid could have swallowed a lot of money just keeping them afloat.

Archived