onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

5 hours ago, JSValiant said:

Totally agree to loan out Covolan, not get money for him, without a Replacement isn’t miss management it’s stupid.

Any other manager had done that they would have been really slated.

I think the current management are doing a great job but that is not their finest hour.

Sheff Utd regularly took the field with no keeper on their bench; and Pep has played without a single, recognised striker.

Advert

7 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

On another note from DC’s press conference appears they’ve honed in one keeper specifically. Reading between the lines it sounds like he could be under contract elsewhere (Hladky?).

I have no information but I think Nathan Bishop from Utd (on loan at Mansfield last season), or Hdlaky from Ipswich.

Would have had to wait on both as Bishop has spent pre season with Utd who have just returned from Asia, & Hdlaky will be holding out to see if he is starting at Ipswich.

Would take either, but Hdlaky would be unbelievable. The fact we have Carlo Nash in definitely gives us a chance as they worked together at Salford. 

I'd hope to have him in whoever it is by GW 2. Playing a very risky game having just one GK in Aiden Stone.

46 minutes ago, MBE said:

DC stated last week the bonuses kicked in minimum 7th place last season.

I would be very interested to know where the bonus kicks in this season.

The individual player bonuses for goals or clean sheets (if a player has that clause in his contract) are paid no matter what the position the team are in. The win bonuses are what kicked in when they hit 7th last season. 

2 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Garrity will be one of the first names on the team sheet, no doubt about it. I think he will have another good season.

If you were to put a bet on which Vale player did most during close season, to better himself in some way, Ben Garrity would be my tip. Seems to be committed to making sure of self-improvement.

yes we're not special or different for having bonuses. as old as time.
maybe we do it a bit more than others but very common.

It is very common , no one is implying otherwise

Great investment by the owners though in increasing the budget to compete in League 1

15 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Sheff Utd regularly took the field with no keeper on their bench; and Pep has played without a single, recognised striker.

Yeh and they got relegated and if Proctor gets injured we will be doing like Pep.

I have just seen Darrell Clarke’s press conference and he seemed a little uneasy with the Goal Keeping Situation.

He also says we are still after quite a number of players so I expect at least a couple will move out.

Bit off topic but I have to laugh again at the obscure signings Accrington have made.

A 22yo striker from Daisy Hill signed today (9th division) and another 22yo from the Welsh leagues who flopped at Grimsby in L2!

Their matrix is off the radar but you know they'll still be decent!

10 minutes ago, Osh said:

Goal keep coming - chasing one specific keeper

CFowards coming

And more to come; squad of 25 or 26

KTF TTP UTV WNE

Interesting point about the GK. Maybe waiting on another GK to sign at a club before our target is allowed to leave? We should keep our eye on Ipswich.

On the ST I thought he was little bit uncomfortable but towing the line.

Alongside this week's activity, there is clearly plenty more to come. 

I'm guessing that there has been a phenomenal amount of work going on to secure these signings.

All credit to those involved, as we look forward to the final pieces to complete the squad. 

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Sounds good. But I do not understand why we let our 2nd keeper go before securing another. Not having at least one forward in at this stage is disappointing 

dc basically admits he's dissappointed too but if you say that on here you want the club to liquidate and you hate port vale.

i cant wait for saturday but also wish wed got a forward over the line. maybe tomorrow!

8 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

dc basically admits he's dissappointed too but if you say that on here you want the club to liquidate and you hate port vale.

i cant wait for saturday but also wish wed got a forward over the line. maybe tomorrow!

Agree. It’s quite blatantly not gone to plan (as expected with us being in a tougher league with bigger sides) I imagine we have missed out on a quite a few of our targets. Why some on here see that as moaning is beyond me. The fact we have been after players and missed out kind of debunks this myth of patience as well. 
Can’t wait for Saturday but I think DC might have to mix it up for us to get something, I can see Garrity playing up top to be honest and us pressing the hell out of them. 

25 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Agree. It’s quite blatantly not gone to plan (as expected with us being in a tougher league with bigger sides) I imagine we have missed out on a quite a few of our targets. Why some on here see that as moaning is beyond me. The fact we have been after players and missed out kind of debunks this myth of patience as well. 
Can’t wait for Saturday but I think DC might have to mix it up for us to get something, I can see Garrity playing up top to be honest and us pressing the hell out of them. 

Too many <ovf censored> about.

*D1k heads

Archived