onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

9 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Regardless of signing Lowery or not the player in my midfield three, on last season’s form, would be Garrity. None of the others mentioned are going to get even half his goal output.

Do you think he will carry that on into L1? I think it's a big ask.

If he can get 5+ I'd say it will be a good season for him.

Advert

What other incentives are there? The only other ones I can think of are wage increases based on number of appearances. 
There's loads of incentives in players contracts that can increase their pay. Appearance bonuses, goal bonuses, clean sheet bonuses, team win bonus, etc. At the higher levels there's even a bonus for being named on the bench. I've no doubt that even though our basics may be on the low side, relatively speaking, the add ons will increase the players take home quite a bit. To succeed with such a system, you have to ensure that you recruit players who buy into it, which is partly why our recruitment has been so deliberate.

Not sure about the Wilson situation, if it was really serious would he be turning up tonight at the supporters club meeting, he obviously has a problem and we also need to have that additional striker but is it a panic situation. I still think DF / DC will be using the loan market to bridge the gap, once clubs know where they are going with their fringe players.

surely we're going to sign at least one forward... if only to protect proctor by subbing him. need be very careful with him. magnificent forward but cant be running him into the ground and having him missing for half the year.

We will be signing 2/3 forwards by the end of the window

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

What other incentives are there? The only other ones I can think of are wage increases based on number of appearances. 

Bonus payments based on league position, goals scored, win bonuses. Wage related to which league they are playing in.

Tyreece needs to play for someone, and he's not going to the Championship anytime soon. Could a deal be done? Would fit our current needs perfectly. Why not pay a fee for a player? We've just spent over £300K on a sound system so why not throw 6 figures at a real prospect of a player with future sell on potential? It worked for Billy Bell a few times...

Archived