onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Ok, to clarify, I guess the club have extended til Saturday to coincide with the shirt collection event, perhaps capitalising on this to grab a few more sales from fans in attendance.  The event also takes place on Sunday, so why not keep the ticket office open for the extra day.

Got all my stuff sorted, shirt delivered etc. But it would make sense to sell until the Sunday. I am working Saturday, as will a few others . In the modern world 9-5 Monday to Friday is not a norm. Lets hope they extend by a day.

Advert

22 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

This is a rumour that wont go away tbf but i doubt he needs money(as it would be a massive cut to come here) so who knows,maybe if there is something in it he would come as player coach(if he has his badges) to replace Whitehead

I think we should embrace inclusivity and sign a woman coach. Then it depends on the fitness evaluation of our main strikers. If they are good to go for the season without concern then I would be looking to back up with two younger players who can come on / step in and develop to make an impression. But this has to be got right as once the window shuts that's it. 

I think we should embrace inclusivity and sign a woman coach. Then it depends on the fitness evaluation of our main strikers. If they are good to go for the season without concern then I would be looking to back up with two younger players who can come on / step in and develop to make an impression. But this has to be got right as once the window shuts that's it. 
If there's a good enough lady coach out there, great. But I wouldn't want us signing any coach just 'in the embrace of inclusivity'.

FWIW I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s it for deals, I would expect a few very promising season long loans to come in though from top clubs. Save some groats in case a splash is needed in January. 

Whatever happens, I will judge the success or failure of this window in January. 

UTV

8 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Edmondson scores for Carlisle and Gibbo scores with his first touch after 47 mins.....Social media going into meltdown weeping because they were let go.

Edmondson was calm apparently. I want us to be well better than Bristol and Gibbo unable to leave his own box. That's we need to be in this division. 

51 minutes ago, philmpv said:
55 minutes ago, Warren said:

If there's a good enough lady coach out there, great. But I wouldn't want us signing any coach just 'in the embrace of inclusivity'.

We should be signing the best backroom staff we can afford, regardless of their gender or sexuality? 

1 hour ago, Vale Ball said:

Edmondson scores for Carlisle and Gibbo scores with his first touch after 47 mins.....Social media going into meltdown weeping because they were let go.

Certain vale fans live and die by a pre season goal/game its frightening. 

I remember a few years ago when we had Tadhg Purcell on trial and he scored a few goals in pre season and when he didn't get signed people were furious at Micky. Judging by Purcell career afterwards it was a good call considering. Not to mention pope had his best ever season that year to get us promoted 

8 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Certain vale fans live and die by a pre season goal/game its frightening. 

I remember a few years ago when we had Tadhg Purcell on trial and he scored a few goals in pre season and when he didn't get signed people were furious at Micky. Judging by Purcell career afterwards it was a good call considering. Not to mention pope had his best ever season that year to get us promoted 

Purcell started out in 2005 at Kilkenny City Association Football Club. This was an Irish football club. The club played in the First Division of the League of Ireland until 18 January 2008 when they announced that they resigned their position in the league citing "lack of finance, poor results and paltry attendances".

Well he didn't bring them success. 

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Don't like players with man buns myself !

I actually agree with you as why would a bloke want an hairstyle like that. It's like blokes with ponytails, what in God's Name are they thinking. Christ, hair should be strictly for women. If I get 2 days growth on my noggin I have to get the ruddy clippers out as I hate the bloody stuff lol

10 hours ago, markh said:

FWIW I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s it for deals, I would expect a few very promising season long loans to come in though from top clubs. Save some groats in case a splash is needed in January. 

I don't think so. We've had highly encouraging season ticket sales and there's plenty of time left before the window closes (I believe it will still be open when the season starts won't it?). 

There's a recognition generally that you often have to pay over the odds in January to get new additions (as clubs are under little pressure to sell) and I think the Vale have said that so (unless it's absolutely needed as it was with injuries last season) I think they'd prefer to get the work done in summer rather than in January.

I suspect there's potentially a few more permanent deals to come this month but it just seems that people get upset if we haven't signed ten major names by the first week of the summer. 

I think the management team are taking their time and will try and get the right players in when they can. They had a plan for who they wanted for League One football and I suspect they were working on it from the day after Wembley, but sometimes it takes a while to negotiate and get the right players.

I just hope the fans are patient. What's important is how the squad looks by the end of the transfer window not half-way through it.

Archived