Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

The Memorial ground is an awful ground, one of the worst in the division, it’s as if a crappy section has been added separately each time. Rovers have a division 1 support with a none league ground, Keep talking about a new ground but no closer than they were 5 years ago.

People visiting the area or going past by train will think when they see the smart floodlights that this looks like a good ground and then walk up to it and it still looks decent but only when they arrive do they realise this is the cricket ground, that dump down the road is the Memorial ground. 

• Like 2

Advert:

59 minutes ago, Oldgas said:

I like VP, it’s a traditional stadium that’s been modernised. It’s different from the ground you had for the 2 leg PO final but still recognisable.

As for the Mem, it wasn’t stolen. If we hadn’t bought it from Bristol Rugby when they went bust a distribution company wanted to buy it and turn it into a warehouse. Rovers and the rugby wouldn’t have had a stadium to play at. We actually saved the rugby club and ensured they had somewhere to play. It was a legitimate business arrangement, nothing was stolen and you sound like one of those bitter Teds from across the river.

Haven’t Vale been in administration in the recent past? I wonder how many individuals and small businesses got stiffed as a result?

Glasshouses and stone throwing come to mind.

My “nicking the ground” comment was a joke but thank you for the very boring history lesson. As one of the posters above has said, your club has league 1 support but a ground which wouldn’t look out of place in non league - which is where you were before Clarkey saved you. Thanks for sacking him so he could come to Vale. Best thing you ever did for us!!

11 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Looking at your tactics on Saturday and the fact you had 6 yellow cards (all correct decisions) there is no wonder you end games with 9 men. Barton was a dirty player and it’s obviously drilled in to your team to play that way, hey, it wins games but don’t whinge when it goes against you.

Don't you get reported to the FA for having 6 yellows in a game?

BTW Brizzle have 84 yellow cards and 8 red cards...5 straight red 

Vale have 68 and 4 

Covolan 2 straight reds,Jones straight red,Conlon 2 yellows 

Advert:

2 hours ago, DazFred said:

BTW Brizzle have 84 yellow cards and 8 red cards...5 straight red 

Vale have 68 and 4 

Covolan 2 straight reds,Jones straight red,Conlon 2 yellows 

16 fouls to 7 on Monday. Rovers are the most fouled team in the division, yet we’re the dirty ones??🤣🤣 Half of our reds have been a joke. Clearly an anti-Barton agenda amongst refs (understandably)

And as for you lot crying about Paul Coutts walking off on Monday, he is the captain and had to pass the armband over to Glen Wheelan.

The better team won. Still hope you come up with us though for DC.

1 minute ago, brizzlesizzle said:

16 fouls to 7 on Monday. Rovers are the most fouled team in the division, yet we’re the dirty ones??🤣🤣 Half of our reds have been a joke. Clearly an anti-Barton agenda amongst refs (understandably)

And as for you lot crying about Paul Coutts walking off on Monday, he is the captain and had to pass the armband over to Glen Wheelan.

Anti Barton brigade?

Read his Wikipedia. How he stays out of prison is beyond me. And he's in court again in June for kicking his wife in the head. 

Coutts should have been off the pitch anyway for a terrible tackle.

And it's Whelan....

I don't appreciate opposition fans commenting on our forums. I would never go on anyone's other my own team

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

Anti Barton brigade?

Read his Wikipedia. How he stays out of prison is beyond me. And he's in court again in June for kicking his wife in the head. 

Coutts should have been off the pitch anyway for a terrible tackle.

And it's Whelan....

I don't appreciate opposition fans commenting on our forums. I would never go on anyone's other my own team

Have a hard time reading do you? I said understandably. I will never sing the blokes name but I will still support my clubs players. Referees however cannot show bias based on such things. 

<ovf censored> needs to be called out as such. 16 fouls and yet we’re dirty?? Your players were in the refs face begging for cards in the reverse fixture. Justice was served on Monday. 

Have a hard time reading do you? I said understandably. I will never sing the blokes name but I will still support my clubs players. Referees however cannot show bias based on such things. 

<ovf censored> needs to be called out as such. 16 fouls and yet we’re dirty?? Your players were in the refs face begging for cards in the reverse fixture. Justice was served on Monday. 

I can read clearly. And spell.

Bore off

15 minutes ago, brizzlesizzle said:

16 fouls according to who? let me think about that one was it the ref that you had in your pocket by any chance, fouls that the player went down at any sign of a tickle or should that be tackle.....mmm

Advert:

19 minutes ago, brizzlesizzle said:

And as for you lot crying about Paul Coutts walking off on Monday, he is the captain and had to pass the armband over to Glen Wheelan

What a bizarre argument - are you only allowed to pass the captain's armband slowly? :whistling:

Call it for what it was - time wasting. 

We've all done it, Vale do it when ahead, but to try and say it was something else... :classic_wacko:

3 minutes ago, brizzlesizzle said:

Haha what a knob! that be the same ref that you had in your pocket at our ground. When your own manager admitted you were lucky with decisions. 

image.png.55450265a2832539264739cfa6281981.png

Whos the Richard head now 

Just now, robf said:

What a bizarre argument - are you only allowed to pass the captain's armband slowly? :whistling:

Call it for what it was - time wasting. 

We've all done it, Vale do it when ahead, but to try and say it was something else... :classic_wacko:

Of course it was time wasting. But that’s why he didn’t go off at the nearest exit. Whelan is the captain when Coutts goes off.

Just now, Port Vale Paul said:

image.png.55450265a2832539264739cfa6281981.png

Whos the Richard head now 

What are you getting at here? Your own manager said you were fortunate. Bore off you bunch of sore losers. Played you off your own park and didn’t need two dodgy red cards to do it .

Of course it was time wasting

Well, erm, why are you complaining about fans complaining about it if it was? You can't say "it's timewasting" and then complain about (in your words), fans "crying" about it. 

Advert:

Just now, robf said:

Well, erm, why are you complaining about fans complaining about it if it was? You can't say "it's timewasting" and then complain about (in your words), fans "crying" about it. 

Because many have complained about him ignoring the refs instruction to go off at the nearest exit and that he should’ve been sent off for that. 

9 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

16 fouls according to who? let me think about that one was it the ref that you had in your pocket by any chance, fouls that the player went down at any sign of a tickle or should that be tackle.....mmm

hers the unbiased report to back it up as wellimage.png.a6bca362c522d3019eba7ea29d5002d7.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brizzlesizzle said:

Because many have complained about him ignoring the refs instruction to go off at the nearest exit and that he should’ve been sent off for that. 

But you've just said he was "timewasting" - that's a bookable offence. So they were... right!

• robf locked this topic