onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Fosse69

Roll up, Roll up, Greatest Show in Burslem for a long time.  A giant step in our farewell to L2. Respect to Darrell Clarke from all around the ground.  State of injuries apart from Walker not known. Then there is the small matter of 3 points to battle over for a healthy  8 points margin,  so a repeat of our last promotion match with the Gas in 1989 would be great, but not on the fingernails.

Other 6 pointers, Exeter v Tranmere, Sutton v Newport

Darrell Clarke and Andy Crosby` s Black and White Army

Advert

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Roll up, Roll up, Greatest Show in Burslem for a long time.  A giant step in our farewell to L2. Respect to Darrell Clarke from all around the ground.  State of injuries apart from Walker not known. Then there is the small matter of 3 points to battle over for a healthy  8 points margin,  so a repeat of our last promotion match with the Gas in 1989 would be great, but not on the fingernails.

Darrell Clarke and Andy Crosby` s Black and White Army

Bit of a mouthful there, let’s stick with AC/DC black and white army……. Some “high voltage” 

Huge game this and a win here and one foot in league one you would think.

If we beat Rovers there all but out of the race to catch us, with Mansfield who don’t travel well heading to Carlisle it could be pivotal. A win at all costs could be massive.

Need to hope Worrall or Gibbons is fit to start to tame their danger man Anderson as playing Edmundson against someone like that wouldn’t be ideal.

If we draw and Mansfield fail to win that would be equally acceptable as it would still leave us with the ability to lose one of the last three and still go up, although on form I’d expect two wins from four to see us over the line, especially with GD.

7 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Bit of a mouthful there, let’s stick with AC/DC black and white army……. Some “high voltage” 

Agreed, but  just trying to give AC acknowledgement to his achievement in DC`s absence,  as only Darrell was shown. But as a chant AC/DC easier.

The key for us in this game is not to fall into the trap of thinking just avoid defeat. Rovers have a couple of really good players who could punish us if we did that in Anderson and Evans.

Go out there and be aggressive and back ourselves to be better than them and I think we can get the three points. Afterwards wish Rovers well and hope they win the playoffs due to the DC connection but for 90 minutes any goodwill is out of the window.

26 minutes ago, jeffers said:

When we won at their place we had NO  Hall, Wilson or Proctor, we were relying on Rodney & Politic up front with a big help from Garrity. I don’t imagine they are confident about Monday.

They had 9 men and ran us close. This will be our hardest game since Exeter. Would take a point now, especially with the 5 point gap (6 if you include goal difference.) I would love to go up at Walsall though after all the <ovf censored> they gave Dazzler. Really rub it in their yamyam faces 

They had 9 men and ran us close. This will be our hardest game since Exeter. Would take a point now, especially with the 5 point gap (6 if you include goal difference.) I would love to go up at Walsall though after all the they gave Dazzler. Really rub it in their yamyam faces 

They did 10 v 11 men but only in the second half once we had only Politic as an attacker on, we ended that game with the team that had to play Newport so had zero threat second half. If we’d not lost Woz and Rodders and half time it’s a comfy win.

Roll up roll up indeed. A point wouldn’t be bad , but a 1-0 win would surely cement Vale’s promotion. It’s unlikely , but at this rate , even silverware can’t be ruled out just yet. Some difficult games for FGR and Exeter coming up. I expect we could see around 12,000 on Monday. What a great time to be a Vale fan. Being champions/promoted is earned  , and not promised , but God knows we deserve our day in the sun, especially with all the club has been through in the last 10 years. Now , with a well run club from top to bottom, and not unlike Brentford, we can dream a little . The season is not decided yet  of course, but I wouldn’t want to be any side facing the Vale  right now. Monday could turn out to be a very emotional day should DC make an appearance. If he doesn’t , that’s perfectly understandable, but if he does , then there won’t be a dry eye in any corner of Vale Park , regardless of the result. How fitting , and somewhat healing, that could be for him. UTV 

Going be a excellent crowd Lorne Street already sold out (what I mean by that is thar apart from season ticket holders every other ticket has being sold in that stand , as some folk have noticed theres empty seats in there last 2 home games well there will be if the season ticket holder lives abroad but has brought that seat or if they are poorly etc ,hope that clears it up ).

Team news enjoyed J Taylors performance when he entered the fray the Hartlepool commentators were saying he was man of the match for Vale and I'm entitled agree even though he was only for a limited period .

The ticket office is OPEN today so hope by the end of sat all the Railways full also both stand and paddock (it may well be ).

Then its just the bycars and away end I believe they have sold 1600 odd but its believed that 3000 are coming well thats superb support 👏 if that's the case to be honest if they bring 2000 that's outstanding the beauty of Vales ground is you can bring 4500 if all there home gate wants come (I'm sure they average about 2000 more than us per home game )then fair play to them .

I'm expecting great things from James Wilson in this fixture and I hope Jamie Proctor is fully fit play (loved how he kept going even though in fairness in first half yesterday he was in my opinion Poor he gave every ball away the fact that second half he was outstanding tells you all you need know about him ).

Tom Pett surely must be in contention also .

Gibbo give us a flying 45 ?

Who knows what I do is the noise should be magnificent this coming Monday in our stadium the momentum with us lets carry the players HOME .

UTV 

Going be a excellent crowd Lorne Street already sold out (what I mean by that is thar apart from season ticket holders every other ticket has being sold in that stand , as some folk have noticed theres empty seats in there last 2 home games well there will be if the season ticket holder lives abroad but has brought that seat or if they are poorly etc ,hope that clears it up ).
Team news enjoyed J Taylors performance when he entered the fray the Hartlepool commentators were saying he was man of the match for Vale and I'm entitled agree even though he was only for a limited period .
The ticket office is OPEN today so hope by the end of sat all the Railways full also both stand and paddock (it may well be ).
Then its just the bycars and away end I believe they have sold 1600 odd but its believed that 3000 are coming well thats superb support if that's the case to be honest if they bring 2000 that's outstanding the beauty of Vales ground is you can bring 4500 if all there home gate wants come (I'm sure they average about 2000 more than us per home game )then fair play to them .
I'm expecting great things from James Wilson in this fixture and I hope Jamie Proctor is fully fit play (loved how he kept going even though in fairness in first half yesterday he was in my opinion Poor he gave every ball away the fact that second half he was outstanding tells you all you need know about him ).
Tom Pett surely must be in contention also .
Gibbo give us a flying 45 ?
Who knows what I do is the noise should be magnificent this coming Monday in our stadium the momentum with us lets carry the players HOME .
UTV 

I understand that in each stands we are only allowed to sell 80% capacity which is why there are seats empty in the Lorne street.

10 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Need to hope Worrall or Gibbons is fit to start to tame their danger man Anderson as playing Edmundson against someone like that wouldn’t be ideal.

He’s definitely their danger man… according to sky sports line ups (not always accurate) he played in the hole behind their lone striker yesterday (and scored).

Losing Walker is a big blow, Taylor played well in the defensive midfield slot but if Anderson plays in the hole again that’s a different beast.

Huge Shane that both our injury hit spots play into his hands.

That said, I have all faith in AC and the team to get us a result.

KTF

UTV

Archived