Match Thread: Port Vale v Bristol Rovers

Posted (edited)

The lad hasn't played for nigh 6 months he is bound to be rusty and is being asked to play slightly out of position. Though that hasn't stopped Edmondson 😁👍. I do wonder if we will try and sign Ryan and kian. They seem to love it here. 

Edited by Hoppers

Advert:

11 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Mot splitting hairs at all - firstly we won't necessarily need 3 W...as has been pointed out - more than once - 2W + 1D may be enough? Secondly - before yesterday we had won 5 on the bounce - why is it now unrealistic to think we could win 3 more?

I'm hoping fervently that we can win the next 3, that way all doubt is ended. However, there's one word that frightens the sh1 out of me and that is INJURIES--we saw how the midfield was less effective without our injured players.  Fingers crossed we have some good news on their recovery.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dun 4 said:

Its as realistic as our opponents for promotion winning all their remaining matches. Be positive !

I am trying to stay positive, but also adding a little realism at the same time. Fingers crossed--up the Vale!

• Like 1

Advert:

My boss is a Rovers fan, I was dreading that text after the game. I didn't have to wait long, got a waving emoji message as I walked out of the ground. I didn't bite.

He saw the second half on iFollow and did say if he was a Vale fan he would have been annoyed at how much time was being wasted, and the subs slowly jogging off, at a pace slower than the referee walking.

This does seem like a basic rule that should already be in place but I still cannot understand how they have allowed the same referee to do both fixtures, especially when he's given out 2 reds in the first game.

And I know, it it was the other way around we wouldn't be complaining but looking at some of those challenges back and they should have been dealt with more firmly, they were getting away with too much.

13 hours ago, Gasmad said:

Read a lot of your fans posts

I've read your posts and it would suggest there's some gloating winners on this thread too... :whistling:

Best of luck in the play-offs, by the way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hoppers said:

The lad hasn't played for nigh 6 months he is bound to be rusty and is being asked to play slightly out of position. Though that hasn't stopped Edmondson 😁👍. I do wonder if we will try and sign Ryan and kian. They seem to love it here. 

I think Harratt is on a very long contract and rated by Huddersfield. Edmondson has another year but I can see him being a more realistic option. I can't see him troubling the Leeds first-team. Ditto Lewis Cass and the Newcastle first team. Adding that pair in the summer would be a great move in my view but I will leave it up to the Vale "moneyball" experts to decide - they haven't got much wrong so far...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, robf said:

I think Harratt is on a very long contract and rated by Huddersfield. Edmondson has another year but I can see him being a more realistic option. I can't see him troubling the Leeds first-team. Ditto Lewis Cass and the Newcastle first team. Adding that pair in the summer would be a great move in my view but I will leave it up to the Vale "moneyball" experts to decide - they haven't got much wrong so far...

No doubt a L1 budget would strengthen their hands, but always a case of step by step now the base has been improved.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Gasmad said:

Poor loser’s I’m afraid,best team won and you were out sung in your library UTG 

You’re not only Gasmad you are clearly Gasdeaf as well. As regards poor losers, read your forum when we beat you down there and you wanted your manager sacked!!

Can I also point out that you need to revise on the use of the apostrophe! 😜

Edited by Jacko51
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Advert:

6 hours ago, robf said:

Perhaps a full season-long loan to a Lg1 team (like Vale 🤞)might be available? Huddersfield are in the mix of the Championship play-offs and could be a Prem team next season so they could see it as a best of both worlds - keep a potential young talent on their books but give him experience at a higher level too - at a club they and he seem to respect.

12 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

I'm hoping fervently that we can win the next 3, that way all doubt is ended. However, there's one word that frightens the sh1 out of me and that is INJURIES--we saw how the midfield was less effective without our injured players.  Fingers crossed we have some good news on their recovery.

You're right sadly - injuries are why we haven't already sealed automatic promotion, and are not in the fight to be champions! I'm hoping - like the rest of Vale fans - that we have enough to see us over the line. It's what we deserve for what the Club has gone through, especially over the last couple of decades...and the plus point is the pressure is the same for the other clubs around us! UTV VTID

• Like 2

I’ve been looking forward to the return match with Vale ever since the injustice of the game at the Mem late last year. All the things you Vale fans have accused us of doing at VP are exactly what your players were doing back at our place. Very early in the game one of your players deliberately stamped on Finlay’s foot way after the ball had gone, causing him to react. Your player went down like he had been shot and your players immediately surrounded the ref, waving imaginary cards and demanding he be sent off. When the gullible, useless ref obliged your guys were laughing and high-fiving each other. Very sportsman like.

your team then spent the rest of the 90 minutes slowing the game, players were falling over ‘injured’ every time we attacked and the ref fell for it every time. We gave you a close game with 10 men from very early on but you cheated you way to the 3 points. Fair enough. Even DC was honest enough to admit you’d got away with it, and that’s football. If it had been a cat it would have got through 8 1/2 lives that evening.

I travelled to Burslem quietly confident we would get a result. Our team has developed massively since we last met after the chaos of our relegation season. Your fans have complained that you were missing several first choice players on Monday. That happens and that is when squad depth comes into play. It’s no use complaining about missing players, it happens to every team. For several weeks we were down to bare bones because of Covid.

You have complained that Coutts ran the game. Good, that’s what you expect your Captain to do. Your fans have complained that you’re players didn’t, in effect, cheat to have our booked players sent off. Very sporting. See my comments about the Finlay incident in the first game. Natural justice was served on Monday; what goes around comes around is the saying, I believe.

Tell me, did you adopt the Elvis song in response to Stokes Delilah, or was it the other way around?

Ive always liked Vale, a good, Blue Collar working persons club with a loyal core of supporters, very much like us. We both have to contend with another club that’s a rich mans plaything, supported by glory-hunting arseholes. Such is life! Having just come down, I can confidently say that if either or both teams manage promotion we will need some pretty hefty additions to survive in L1. Its the equivalent of the old League Division 2 before the Premier League was invented.

Oh, and by the way, we’re  Rovers, not Bristol. We wouldn’t want to be confused with the 6 fingers Orcs from south of the river! And if you’re going to write Bristol as it’s said down here then it’s ‘Bristaw’ not ‘Brizzle’ FFS!

Enjoy the rest of the season.

11 hours ago, LancyTony said:

You're right sadly - injuries are why we haven't already sealed automatic promotion, and are not in the fight to be champions! I'm hoping - like the rest of Vale fans - that we have enough to see us over the line. It's what we deserve for what the Club has gone through, especially over the last couple of decades...and the plus point is the pressure is the same for the other clubs around us! UTV VTID

You're absolutely spot-on. Let's hope we do get what all we fans, Carol, Kevin and the coaching team deserve.  up the Vale!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You’re not only Gasmad you are clearly Gasdeaf as well. As regards poor losers, read your forum when we beat you down there and you wanted your manager sacked!!

Can I also point out that you need to revise on the use of the apostrophe! 😜

He claims he’s dicklessic ,Jean.I think it was that.😂

• Like 1

Advert:

7 hours ago, Oldgas said:

I’ve been looking forward to the return match with Vale ever since the injustice of the game at the Mem late last year. All the things you Vale fans have accused us of doing at VP are exactly what your players were doing back at our place. Very early in the game one of your players deliberately stamped on Finlay’s foot way after the ball had gone, causing him to react. Your player went down like he had been shot and your players immediately surrounded the ref, waving imaginary cards and demanding he be sent off. When the gullible, useless ref obliged your guys were laughing and high-fiving each other. Very sportsman like.

your team then spent the rest of the 90 minutes slowing the game, players were falling over ‘injured’ every time we attacked and the ref fell for it every time. We gave you a close game with 10 men from very early on but you cheated you way to the 3 points. Fair enough. Even DC was honest enough to admit you’d got away with it, and that’s football. If it had been a cat it would have got through 8 1/2 lives that evening.

I travelled to Burslem quietly confident we would get a result. Our team has developed massively since we last met after the chaos of our relegation season. Your fans have complained that you were missing several first choice players on Monday. That happens and that is when squad depth comes into play. It’s no use complaining about missing players, it happens to every team. For several weeks we were down to bare bones because of Covid.

You have complained that Coutts ran the game. Good, that’s what you expect your Captain to do. Your fans have complained that you’re players didn’t, in effect, cheat to have our booked players sent off. Very sporting. See my comments about the Finlay incident in the first game. Natural justice was served on Monday; what goes around comes around is the saying, I believe.

Tell me, did you adopt the Elvis song in response to Stokes Delilah, or was it the other way around?

Ive always liked Vale, a good, Blue Collar working persons club with a loyal core of supporters, very much like us. We both have to contend with another club that’s a rich mans plaything, supported by glory-hunting arseholes. Such is life! Having just come down, I can confidently say that if either or both teams manage promotion we will need some pretty hefty additions to survive in L1. Its the equivalent of the old League Division 2 before the Premier League was invented.

Oh, and by the way, we’re  Rovers, not Bristol. We wouldn’t want to be confused with the 6 fingers Orcs from south of the river! And if you’re going to write Bristol as it’s said down here then it’s ‘Bristaw’ not ‘Brizzle’ FFS!

Enjoy the rest of the season.

In fairness he isnt far wrong - as we have said about Coutts, he is the kind of player you want playing for you rather than against you. Hopefully Vale and Rovers go up as we have a mutual love of the "DC"

4 hours ago, Hoppers said:

In fairness he isnt far wrong - as we have said about Coutts, he is the kind of player you want playing for you rather than against you. Hopefully Vale and Rovers go up as we have a mutual love of the "DC"

Thing is Rovers didn’t need to use the horrible tactics they used, they were far better than us and could have easily won by just playing football.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Thing is Rovers didn’t need to use the horrible tactics they used, they were far better than us and could have easily won by just playing football.

also true 👍

• robf locked this topic