Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Advert:

More from the Salford forum:

I thought their number 13 caused us all sorts of problems, their 7 and 11 very good too. If Wilson had shown a fraction of the work rate for us that he did last night he'd have been more successful than he turned out., Possibly a small example of maybe looking at players who actually want to be here in future rather than just paying the biggest wages? 

The pressing point is a good one. At one point in the 2nd half King played it short to Ndaba and immediately their coach roared "press, press" and about 3 or 4 players were straight there busting a gut to close his passing options off. I can't see any of our lot having the energy or desire to do that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't really want to focus on one player after such a good performance but how good is Connor Hall up the pitch? I've never seen a Vale central defender who's so comfortable in the final third whether that's link-up play, clever runs or crosses into the box. A superb signing by the club. 

• Like 7

Advert:

15 minutes ago, robf said:

I don't really want to focus on one player after such a good performance but how good is Connor Hall up the pitch? I've never seen a Vale central defender who's so comfortable in the final third whether that's link-up play, clever runs or crosses into the box. A superb signing by the club. 

Am i being a tad unfair calling him a lesser version of Dean Glover. Another cultured unruffled defender like Hall.

Either way he is class and testament to our recruitment team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Am i being a tad unfair calling him a lesser version of Dean Glover. Another cultured unruffled defender like Hall.

I thought about Glover when I posted that but I think it's chalk and cheese.

Glover never made those runs that Hall makes. Deano was great and at higher levels too. I don't think I've seen a calmer and classier performer at the back than Glover but in terms of forward play by a defender, I think Hall is the best I've seen. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, robf said:

If you can read the orange on black text there's a lot of praise for the Vale performance here.

SALFORDCITYFCFANS.PROBOARDS.COM

I think Ash Hunter deserves a mention. I've discussed before about his shortcomings relating to his attitude but yesterday I felt he was just not the right type of player to help Salford combat Vale's bully boy tactics.

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Doha said:

🤣🤣🤣

TBF it is a great review of their short comings, and our strengths.  I'm sure that even we could allow 1 little aberration when it was so very well written.  This is the kind of constructive criticism that is most welcome, offers an objective viewpoint rather than 'he is just shi.......'

Enjoyed reading it TBH. 

• Like 1

Advert:

Watched the game on I follow today -the ref was even worse than I thought last night.

It also struck me how good the lads have fitted into the team who barely played in the 1st half of the season are performing. Stone, Martin, Benning have all played superbly during this run. That is huge testimony to DC/AC and the squad for keeping them going and motivated to be ready when they have been selected. 

6 hours ago, ethan and archies dad said:

slightly off the match topic but i have just been told Salford are losing £91k a week and Tom Elliot is on 6k a week! madness on those gates

Dont understand it but surely salary cap must have been blown apart ? Any one explain ?

17 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Anyway iv just been outside to look up over the majesty of Mow Cop castle, and I can confirm

I was at Mow Cop  (where I grew up) a few weeks ago,after the Mansfield game.Was great to see Vale

win ,they always seem to lose when I watch them away e.g. Colchester. I thought that Vale Park looked

magnificent  - ready for a higher league.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ramsgate valiant said:

I was at Mow Cop  (where I grew up) a few weeks ago,after the Mansfield game.Was great to see Vale

win ,they always seem to lose when I watch them away e.g. Colchester. I thought that Vale Park looked

magnificent  - ready for a higher league.

Where in Mow Cop did you grow up RV?

Advert:

1 hour ago, robf said:

If you can read the orange on black text there's a lot of praise for the Vale performance here.

SALFORDCITYFCFANS.PROBOARDS.COM

Its not very often you get a post like this - im really surprised that an opposition fan can be so objective in an after game analysis after their team has been bombed out - I absolutely applaud this - well worth the read - Dont agree wholeheartedly with his calling of us as bully boys given the Salford antics all night long, but its a pleasure to see someone else noticing the clear drive, skill and passion that we displayed as a team - as another of their posters commented, its a shame that they dont have players that want to be there rather than being paid a high wage.

we have something really special here, and whether or not we do go up, everyone involved with Port Vale should really appreciate how lucky we are and lets enjoy it for as long as we can 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robf said:

I thought about Glover when I posted that but I think it's chalk and cheese.

Glover never made those runs that Hall makes. Deano was great and at higher levels too. I don't think I've seen a calmer and classier performer at the back than Glover but in terms of forward play by a defender, I think Hall is the best I've seen. 

An absolute class player - amazing how some players can slip under the radar - we stole him, and if we do go up, he will rip it up in Div 1 🙂

• Like 2