Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Colchester United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

59 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, MBE said:
He needs to step up to the plate.
If he doesn’t we should 100% him off at the end of season and get another DOF.
Is he full of bullshut or does he actually walk the walk?

100%. After all, he's overseen probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, squad overhaul in our history. The squad he's put together has gone from perennial genuine relegation contenders to one that sits 5 points outside the playoffs with 13 games to go, all whilst injuries to key players have massively impacted. What a f'in failure. Get rid and start again at the end of the season

We have a rudderless ship, as the senior football figure he needs to show leadership. If he can’t do that in the hour need then he doesn’t deserve to be here.

30 minutes ago, philmpv said:
41 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:
Yeah massive improvement this season is. 
13th last season after that horrible start. Brilliant start this season and we now sit 10th. 
Same old issues as last year as well. Repetitive formation week after week, loads of injuries, still a completely unbalanced squad. They moaned about us having loads of the same kind of player yet have done the exact same thing. Awful window last January, same this January. 
Guess it shows some vale fans ambitions though, to be happy that we’re not in a relegation battle in league 2. 

It's nothing to do with ambition. We ALL want promotion, every season. That's everybody's ambition. The difference between posters like me and those like you is realism. You expect us to go from an absolutely dire squad to a promotion squad within 8 months. When it doesn't happen, you stamp and scream and throw your toys out of the pram. Most of us recognise the massive progress that has happened in such a short period of time. Yes, we're all disappointed not to be further up the table, particularly after how the season started. But most of us are sensible enough to realise the job that DC and DF had on their hands and are not throwing a tantrum because things haven't gone our way over the past few months. If you can't see the improvement all over the pitch then I fear you never will.

I just love this line of argument. It’s akin to why aspire to steak for tea when beans on toast will stop you from starving. 

So @valiant_593 I suggest you be grateful that we’re not battling relegation and / or a winding up order and, rather than aspiring to something a little better, stop behaving like a petulant child. We’ve waited 6 years (?) to get back to L1, what’s another 3 or 4 seasons??

8 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:

I'm thinking about dazingly them with Smith as an overlapping RB then unleashing Alex Hurst on the wing... They won't know what's hit them.
Oh and 2 in midfield emoji106.png

Great answer. So in other words, you haven’t got a f’kin clue.

No doubt you are aware that when we won 8 on the spin last year Smith spent a good chunk of this at right back?? Just thought I’d mention it.

And Hurst is on the assumption Amoo isn’t fit, although I actually think he warrants a go personally.

Great answer. So if other words, you haven’t got a f’kin clue.
No doubt you are aware that when we won 8 on the spin last year Smith spent a good chunk of this at right back?? Just thought I’d mention it.
And Hurst is on the assumption Amoo isn’t fit, although I actually think he warrants a go personally.
Oh the irony

I’m not sure where the improvement on the pitch has been since Bradford? 

The issue is, we had such a strong start, we’re in a fantastic position, we needed to take that chance. Sign a proven striker in the window not some young lads. There’s no tantrum or stamping the floor… it’s the realisation that we are more than likely going to be stuck in this league for another season. A season which will be much more difficult than this season in terms of opposition. 
That’s what the club expected though? Not just fans? The aim this season before they kicked a ball was the play offs. If your happy with how we’ve been for a good few months then fair enough, however not everyone is. 
Feels like a wasted opportunity this season IMO and im sure Crosby said something of the nature yesterday? To make sure it isn’t a wasted opportunity. 
Im not demanding immediate success. I simply expect us to be able to do better than we have recently. To try different tactics, to put players in their correct position, to not sign players who have played 5 minutes of pro football before, to not play hoofball to Wilson ect. 
Totally agree.....

Just help me out though, which proven striker did we miss out on???

Everyone keeps talking about them, but I'm struggling to remember their name?

18 minutes ago, Mario said:
23 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:
Great answer. So if other words, you haven’t got a f’kin clue.

Oh the irony

How do you mean? Of @Budgie_2260 failing to recognise our improvement last year when Smith was at RB, or moaning about playing players out of position when Worrall (all season), Benning (when he’s played), Amoo (when he’s played), Edmundson (when he’s played), Gibbons, Wilson etc have ALL been played out of position this year?? So yes, I thought it was a pretty daft comment too.

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

May I thank all those writing the season off.Trying to get a playoff semi ticket at a tiny ground will be a nightmare.With so many not now going it’s happy days.

Those that are writing it off do so with the informed knowledge have having been there are seen the worst performance in a very long time. 

I am personally very disappointed with the way this season is going! However the poop we have had to deal with is staggering if it could go wrong it has. I would like to think we could salvage something from this season but I just can’t see it. I can only sympathise with all the travelling Valiant who deserve so much more.

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
Yeah massive improvement this season is. 
13th last season after that horrible start. Brilliant start this season and we now sit 10th. 
Same old issues as last year as well. Repetitive formation week after week, loads of injuries, still a completely unbalanced squad. They moaned about us having loads of the same kind of player yet have done the exact same thing. Awful window last January, same this January. 
Guess it shows some vale fans ambitions though, to be happy that we’re not in a relegation battle in league 2. 

It's nothing to do with ambition. We ALL want promotion, every season. That's everybody's ambition. The difference between posters like me and those like you is realism. You expect us to go from an absolutely dire squad to a promotion squad within 8 months. When it doesn't happen, you stamp and scream and throw your toys out of the pram. Most of us recognise the massive progress that has happened in such a short period of time. Yes, we're all disappointed not to be further up the table, particularly after how the season started. But most of us are sensible enough to realise the job that DC and DF had on their hands and are not throwing a tantrum because things haven't gone our way over the past few months. If you can't see the improvement all over the pitch then I fear you never will.

Didn’t we finish 8th under Askey before covid struck and the football was a lot more entertaining than the dross being served up now and yes I know Askey lost the dressing room the season after 

Guest Vale at home
4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

I raised this point months ago from an expenditure point of view and was told dont worry its Carols money she can afford it. My main point was DC and Flitters was too much for a League 2 side and money would be better spent on players.

At the time thought either DC or Flitters was a good managerial appointment, but not both.  Having said that and being as he is already at the club, am amazed Flitters has not stepped in to cover DC understandable absence. Im sure he has other work to do but with his management experience there is  nothing more important than points on the board at the moment.

I do agree . Vale do need to start winning again soon . But I can not see were the Goals are coming from . WELL DONE ,  to all the Vale fans that traveled to Colchester . I felt so sorry that they returned to  vale park  with  Northing .  No points at all .   Vale are just not playing Good enough.  . 

You can understand fans frustrations but lets look at the last however many games 

Salford 0-1 played really well first half deserved be 2 or 3 up lost to there only effort on target .

Forest Green 1-1 first half endeavour was terrific deserved more than one goal I fail to see what they did deserve there equaliser .

V Northampton 0-0 borefest 

V Rochdale 1-1 great goal dominated the whole second half played superbly in terms of first to everything I  fail to see yet again what Rochdale did deserve there equaliser. 

V Stevenage 2-0 job done in 20 mins .

V Colchester team doing all the running lose to pathetic goal 1-0 yet again fail to see what they did to warrant a goal .

Long way go yet .

Keep the faith and stop moaning it helps no one what's done done .

UTV 

3 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Didn’t we finish 8th under Askey before covid struck and the football was a lot more entertaining than the dross being served up now and yes I know Askey lost the dressing room the season after 

Yes Vale did finish 8th and if it were not for a weak ref who awarded a penalty to Vale then changed his mind based on a liners decision who was much further from the incident (On the opposite side of the pitch) than the ref, Vale would most likely have been in the play-offs (If the pen had been scored). In fact Vale were in 7th position the week before and the form team in the division. The game in question was at Cheltenham and it finished 0-0,  Vale went to 8th, Northampton got in the play-offs..

Vale played some superb football that season and the same the season after 'til the Kings Lynn FC Cup loss and everything went pear shaped, vale got to something like 4th that season 2020/21.

Some posters seem to forget Vale did well in season 2019/20 and at the start of 2021/22.

7 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Totally agree.....

Just help me out though, which proven striker did we miss out on???

Everyone keeps talking about them, but I'm struggling to remember their name?

To semi quote pretty woman "you want a name, I'll give you a name, Cinderfookinrella" 🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍

Archived