Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert:

Advert:

Wins a win of course but I think we need to be a bit self critical here that some of our ball retention hasn’t been up to scratch today. Especially against a team as bad as this.

Felt almost like a preseason friendly at times in terms of the flow of the game.

Just now, Guppys left peg said:

Wins a win of course but I think we need to be a bit self critical here that some of our ball retention hasn’t been up to scratch today. Especially against a team as bad as this.

Felt almost like a preseason friendly at times in terms of the flow of the game.

The tempo of our game is miles off. I’ve seen numerous comments regarding our games feeling like a pre season friendly over the past months. 

Top 3 + Swindon all lost, Exeter drew. Gap closes slightly between us and those 5 teams. This is how it will be until the end of the season - we don't concentrate on what other teams are doing, just on our own games. 

• Like 2

Advert:

3 points off the playoffs with 2 games in hand.

Turns out Tranmere and Rochdale were not MUST WINS.

Turns out the season isn’t over.

Turns out we are still in it. Who would have thought!!

Football is a funny game, thought we played better against Rochdale but one slip and we leave dejected.

Come on Vale… push on now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Not a great performance second half but overall very professional I thought, specially defensively. Yes they were poor, but I think defensively we made them look like that. Back 3 looked very assured again. 

It puts the draw to bed and was a positive sign of getting over it quickly.

Disagree completely with people on here that Wilson had a bad game, thought again it was very selfless and energetic performance - just needs a goal.

Disappointing for Worrall, he has been one of our best players for the past few seasons and an assist machine, so to see him go off like that was horrible to see. I recon that could be an end of the season job. Still, I'll always expect Beech to get a dig in about form (during the game behind his laptop in Belgium), regardless of that because that's the nature of some of our fans. Whatever his form has been the past few games, he will be missed.

Make the 3 points count again on Tuesday and keep the unbeaten run going, over to some of our signings to make the difference squad wise - Cooper, Charsley, Jones, Benning? Hurst? Still in good shape for the run in.

• Like 1

Advert: