• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert:

We were heavily overrun in midfield in the first half of the return fixture. Garrity was brought on for Johnson at HT and turned the game. Let's not make the same overly defensive mistake again as we created enough in the second half to put 3 or 4 past them.

Advert:

2 hours ago, MBE said:

To be fair the league is that close, plus with the home games we have I honestly don’t think we are out of contention for automatic. We just have to put that winning run together and be a little more positive in our play.

Today is a game we have got to be positive in our play,we have to go out all guns blazing against a side who have won once away....not a game to be cautious in imo

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Absolutely brilliant Vale.

Fantastic by the club

I would like to be proved wrong here but i haven't seen any response to DC from those who have been vocal against him on here and thats truly very sad imo,this is a time ALL our thoughts from ALL of us  are with him and his family in what has clearly been a tragedy for them,even the walsall fans have passed on their sympathies to him

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Fantastic by the club

I would like to be proved wrong here but i haven't seen any response to DC from those who have been vocal against him on here and thats truly very sad imo,this is a time ALL our thoughts are with him and his family in what has clearly been a tragedy for them,even the walsall fans have passed on their sympathies to him

Agreed. Whether you rate him as a manager or not they should been passing on their best wishes. Sadly I don’t think the posters in question will.  Fantastic from the club but honestly I wouldn’t expect anything less from us at the minute. Amazing club 

• Like 3

Advert:

Interesting, I’m guessing 3412? Wilson behind proctor and Edmondson. Can’t say I’m delighted that we can’t see to move away from 3cb every game 

Where is Dan Jones? Feels like we ditch players really quickly. Covalon, Benning now Jones not even on the bench. Should be starting. 

Edited by valiant_593

55 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Agreed. Whether you rate him as a manager or not they should been passing on their best wishes. Sadly I don’t think the posters in question will.  Fantastic from the club but honestly I wouldn’t expect anything less from us at the minute. Amazing club

My heart goes out to DC and his family and if I was a believer, he would me in my prayers. However, I haven't sent him commiserations on here as IMO it's a bit pointless. Fair play to those who have but I don't think it's fair to read anything in to people not posting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

My heart goes out to DC and his family and if I was a believer, he would me in my prayers. However, I haven't sent him commiserations on here as IMO it's a bit pointless. Fair play to those who have but I don't think it's fair to read anything in to people not posting.

I think the original post was aimed at those who just continually slag him off on here, opposed to someone like yourself. You probably know the posters it’s aimed at 

• Like 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Just noticed Hussey isn’t starting. Think that’s madness myself. Best source of assists for a side already struggling to score misses out. Not sure what amoo has to do to get a start either. 

I'm sat in car just listening on Federation Road to RS . Yates reckons as its at home they've gone for a more up and at em approach with energy .

But I agree it's a surprise with his assists .