onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Port Vale

Fosse69

When fit do Conlon, Gibbons and Proctor come straight back into the 11? They are all big players for us. If we can actually have a fully fit squad for an amount of time for the remainder of this season we'll rack up the points.

Holy

Hall      Smith    Jones

Worrall                                    Hussey

Pett        Conlon

Garrity

Proctor       Wilson

Subs: Covolan, Martin, Gibbons, Walker, Cooper, Amoo, Edmondson/Harrity

What a bloody team and bench that is. Could always play Walker holding, and play Conlon as the furthest forward of the three midfielders instead of Garrity.

Advert

17 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

The swap with harrogate with hall and legge looks best bit of business weve done in years, hes a really solid cb and is very good on the ball and his distribution is top draw aswell. 

could literally single out every player tonight

Had a lot of time for Leggy .Good servant who was coming to the swansong at Vale.

Him and Hall is like chalk and cheese. Hall was tight to the touchline in the second half and did a slide rule pass to a team mate with little room to even make the pass. 

It's early days but Hall is looking a superb piece of recruitment. 

Good watch that impressed with how Vale as a team snuffed out there danger man second half the lad who outpaced three of our players for there goal  

Other than that Vale were worthy winners so many good displays. 

My man of the match. 

Pett .

A tenner well spent. 

Cooper looks a terrific buy he beat three players and shot into the side netting his pressing set up goal for Amoo .

Walker range of passing was superb .

Garrity and Hussey quality aswell for the  second goal and Wilson showing some superb link up play .

Think we maybe could have had a couple more  too .

Selected quotes from the CUFC forum. Like being on here!

"Pv are a team we should be picking up points against at home"

"The contrast with PV was obvious.A great little team, patient but full of skill, shape and energy, and they were in the middle of a poor run!Their keeper had a quiet night, keeping warm his biggest problem."

Late to the party I know but could;t be arsed to post when I got back in last night.

Very good controlled performance last night. Tom Pett looked backed to his best, Wilson's workrate and general play was fantastic again, plus @philmpv Walker playing at QB. What superb passing.

You can see we are improving each game now since the Salford defeat we are beginning to look like a really good team again.

I also like the look of Cooper, don't see how he will be on the bench for much longer if we continue to play with 3 up front.

It makes me laugh how every team in this league thinks they should be halfway up league 1. The fact of the matter is football is getting more and more competitive. Teams who’ve lost 5 in a row think they’re playoff material. I’m so glad we have a structure in place for long term stability as just having a few players in the here and now that can fire a team up goes nowhere in the long run. The teams at the bottom are paying for years of neglect when other teams are growing and developing. “Should be” says who?

15 minutes ago, MBE said:

Late to the party I know but could;t be arsed to post when I got back in last night.

Very good controlled performance last night. Tom Pett looked backed to his best, Wilson's workrate and general play was fantastic again, plus @philmpv Walker playing at QB. What superb passing.

You can see we are improving each game now since the Salford defeat we are beginning to look like a really good team again.

I also like the look of Cooper, don't see how he will be on the bench for much longer if we continue to play with 3 up front.

Said it earlier in the season when we were struggling at the back to play Walker there. Just makes sense, makes the back 3 work having someone that good on the ball there. It’s harsh, but for me Walker stays there and Martin has to wait for his chance again. I’d be looking at that same 11 with maybe Harratt missing out 

Our away form is third best in the league (on PPG) which is impressive.

Controlled performance which was the most pleasing and played some really nice football at times.

Wilson a level above league two, Pett and Walker superb, Wozza back to his usual self and Hussey and Hall are classy upgrades.

Really liked Cooper when he came on, direct, not afraid to have a go and looked pacey and skilful… He had a lot of Polotic about him and he could be an exciting one.

Archived