Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Swindon beating FGR means we have chance to close in on the top spot with a win. Huge carrot let’s just hope we don’t under estimate them and come a cropper.

If we lose it won’t be because we underestimated them Clarke won’t let that happen 

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Swindon beating FGR means we have chance to close in on the top spot with a win. Huge carrot let’s just hope we don’t under estimate them and come a cropper.

Yes, with goal and assist by one Harry McKirdy and a missed FGR peno. Getting very tight at the top now with Tranmere taking three points from Colchester last night. C’mon lads, chance to get back into top three 👍

Yes, with goal and assist by one Harry McKirdy and a missed FGR peno. Getting very tight at the top now with Tranmere taking three points from Colchester last night. C’mon lads, chance to get back into top three

Yep I would expect Harrogate to beat Scunthorpe at home so important we get a positive result today. Few teams close behind us.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

These are typically the games we come unstuck.

Part of me thinks that after winning 5 in a row that we're going to drop points sooner or later, but after that 9 game winning run last season I'm not sure any more!

We're a good side now.

I'm really hopeful because we have done so well in the games that we've expected to get nothing. Said before last Saturday that if we got anything from Orient then something special is happening... can't see any reason to change my mind UTV

Think it's probably just a case that he has to force his way back in. Stupidly got a 3 match ban so others have jumped ahead of him

Yeah who do you drop from the bench at the moment? Lloyd is ideal if we lead to come on and chase from the front, Politic can’t be dropped on form so don’t see where he fits in yet. Lack of discipline cost him and will have to fight back in.

5 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

No Rodney on the bench - summat's up. Hope the lad is OK.

He has to prove he has learnt and wont do it again.  Also show's no matter who you are you have to battle for your space in the team.  

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

Just said something about Rodney being out for 'personal reasons'

Clarke said the same Tuesday, which is why I think summat's up with the lad. If we need a goal later on, despite the form of Amoo and Lloyd, Rodney would still be our best bet, imho. Just hope we don't need him!

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Just said something about Rodney being out for 'personal reasons'

Something is definitely wrong because whenever I’ve seen him he’s been a shadow of the player from last year. That sub appearance (was it vs Rochdale in the League??) was horrific.

• Like 1

Something is definitely wrong because whenever I’ve seen him he’s been a shadow of the player from last year. That sub appearance (was it vs Rochdale in the League??) was horrific.

Probably best not to read to much into it and I am sure we all wish him the best with whatever is going on for him.