onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

The manager is still being very carefull with Gibbo who seems to just get 45 minutes likewise Walker is just back from injury and while both might play probably just 45 minutes.....and both played midweek so perhaps Taylor and Hurst could get game time....if as said Rodney has family/personal problems then perhaps George Lloyd might get a game with Amoo as super sub....just think the boss is being very cautious with Gibbo and Politic and as the stand out players in the cup game Taylor and Hurst must be knocking on the door while Benning still hasn't really got up to speed as yet.
If he's not able to get up to speed in 13 games he was available for, I can't see him improving that much IMHO

Advert

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:
16 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:
The manager is still being very carefull with Gibbo who seems to just get 45 minutes likewise Walker is just back from injury and while both might play probably just 45 minutes.....and both played midweek so perhaps Taylor and Hurst could get game time....if as said Rodney has family/personal problems then perhaps George Lloyd might get a game with Amoo as super sub....just think the boss is being very cautious with Gibbo and Politic and as the stand out players in the cup game Taylor and Hurst must be knocking on the door while Benning still hasn't really got up to speed as yet.

If he's not able to get up to speed in 13 games he was available for, I can't see him improving that much IMHO

Benning will only get up to speed  by playing league games.

It is odd is it not but wasn't Benning signed towards the end of the window and missed much of pre-season and must be playing catch up....a much heralded signing said to be class and otherwise headed to league one....perhaps a couple or three weeks out to do extra fitness and a mini-pre-season and hopefully sort his head out but Benning doesn't seem to quite be the player we thought we signed.....certainly drop the gent for a couple of games as a kick up the backside maybe....could do better.

Thought that Benning and Worrall as the wide players in the midfield five would be a class supply but maybe give Hurst some game time.

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Benning has played enough games to get somewhere up to speed and has for years been ever present so perhaps the shock of being benched might sharpen the focus and concentration.....bet there is a cracking left back in there but it's like the player hasn't got his Vale career started proper if you will and needs to give his head a wobble and bring his best game to the pitch.

26 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Just had a quick look and Gibbos done a 30, 60, 70 and an 80 in the last 4 league games. Then 45 last night which I assume was to help him get more minutes under his belt. I don’t think that we are far away from him doing 90. He’s been one of the stand out players in those games he’s played in, It’s his shirt as far as I can tell and i don’t we should be dropping Gibbo based on hursts appearance last night. I also don’t think politic will come is as a starter, unless we go 4-4-2 where he goes on the left wing or 3-4-3 where he goes to the left of the central striker. Personally I see no need to change our starting formation unnecessarily yet because that starting 11 has played so well. 

He's played more than enough games so far. To accommodate him one of Jones, Gibbons or Worrall would have to be dropped. He's shown nowhere near the form of any of those so I can't see him getting back into the side barring injuries to 1 of the above 3. He's getting a much easier time on here than any other but less 'known' player would in the same circumstances. I'm just glad DC doesn't pick his teams based on reputation. He may get another chance and take it, but for now he'll have to bide his time. If someone came in with a cheeky bid in January with a view to stealing a march on the summer window, I'd take it myself

PV1973....yeah probably right.......

.................................Covalan.........................

..................Cass........Smith.......Jones...........

Worrall.........Taylor....Pett....Conlon......Gibbo

......................Proctor........Rodney...................

Hurst/Walker/Amoo/Lloyd might get game time.

Even without Wilson and Garrity that looks a strong eleven and bench.

3 hours ago, Burslem Academicals said:

So if Garrity and Wilson are a doubt then Taylor and Rodney would surely get games however with Benning still seemingly lacking form/fitness/confidence then could not Hurst get a game at left wing back after a great performance in the cup game.

It seems that infront of Covalan the back three picks itself with Cass/Smith/Jones at the moment and the workrate and mobility and crossing of Worrall and Hurst at wing back then with Pett holding and Conlon and Taylor as more attacking midfielders to complete the five man midfield....and the slide rule passes from Taylor should see Rodney in behind the defenders and Proctor on the end of some of those crosses.

Super Vale Away.

Benning is getting better. Walker might be an option if we want to bed in and stay solid, rather than going like for like in a BG replacement.

wilson a doubt?

Same team that started against Orient as far as possible.

Walker in for Garrity and push Conlon forward, with Brad sitting in.

Its going to be a tough game and some steel in the middle might help us gain a foothold.

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Why would you drop Gibbo for hurst? Don’t understand that at all. One of our best performers this last few weeks. 

I’d only drop him to protect him, but if he needed sheltering there’s no way DC would play him in a storm in the tinpot trophy.

7 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Am I right in thinking this one is available on iFollow as its an international weekend?

I think it’s at the discretion of the home club.

Given we’ve sold our allocation there won’t be any impact on that income stream for Sutton so you would imagine it will be available.

Archived