Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, hillmanhunter said:

Looking forward to this one, Sutton is about 10 miles away from where I live.

I called on Monday, finally got through to the office and ordered a couple, only the lady on the phone told me they'd just sent the post out for that day and couldn't guarantee that they'd arrive in time. I ordered them anyway. 
They turned up yesterday having been sent by express delivery, which they hadn't charged me for. It's probably cost The Vale money to get my tickets to me.

I've just sent them a box of chocolates.

Hope reciprocated and sent express or they'll be stale if normal snail mail.

Seriously well done to Vale and well done to you, nice gesture. 

As for Olly seemingly surprised we sold out, 500 for a brand new ground and flying at the moment I expected nothing less surely ? 

33 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Hope reciprocated and sent express or they'll be stale if normal snail mail.

Seriously well done to Vale and well done to you, nice gesture. 

As for Olly seemingly surprised we sold out, 500 for a brand new ground and flying at the moment I expected nothing less surely ? 

Not surprised it was more of a statement to stop people driving to Burslem to purchase tickets...SVA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

Looking forward to this one, Sutton is about 10 miles away from where I live.

I called on Monday, finally got through to the office and ordered a couple, only the lady on the phone told me they'd just sent the post out for that day and couldn't guarantee that they'd arrive in time. I ordered them anyway. 
They turned up yesterday having been sent by express delivery, which they hadn't charged me for. It's probably cost The Vale money to get my tickets to me.

I've just sent them a box of chocolates.

Brilliant stuff.

• Like 1

Someone i know watched a few of their games last season and said they have a couple of tricky players in Ajiboye and Olaofe(not sure if he has returned on loan to them or not) and our ex loan player Wilson but i pointed out that we have some decent players ourselves...for some reason though this game worries me more than the last couple,maybe because they are lower down,not sure

They have lost 1 at home and we have lost 1 away so a boring 0-0 it is then

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Someone i know watched a few of their games last season and said they have a couple of tricky players in Ajiboye and Olaofe(not sure if he has returned on loan to them or not) and our ex loan player Wilson but i pointed out that we have some decent players ourselves...for some reason though this game worries me more than the last couple,maybe because they are lower down,not sure

Their defeat was Oldham who did a Vale v Orient. Two very late goals . 

Edited by darren1810

19 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

They do have some tricky players though I think Olaofe is no longer with them. Among their more recognisable names are former Arsenal player Craig Eastmond (captain), Enzio Boldewijn (ex Crawley and Notts County) and, of course, our very own Richie Bennett. Amusingly, they also have a player called Harry Palmer, which should bring us to the attention of MI5 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

They do have some tricky players though I think Olaofe is no longer with them. Among their more recognisable names are former Arsenal player Craig Eastmond (captain), Enzio Boldewijn (ex Crawley and Notts County) and, of course, our very own Richie Bennett. Amusingly, they also have a player called Harry Palmer, which should bring us to the attention of MI5 🙂 

Olaofe is back there missed last Saturday but has been playing.

They also have Donovan Wilson who played a few on loan for us 

• Like 1

Having seen them on Quest, albeit only highlights, they looked a biggish team who seem to play fairly direct into the channels and get people like Wilson running off. Look to have a bit of pace out on the wing too.

They'll be tough to play against at their own ground, as are many of these ex non league places. They'll play every game like a cup final.

I suspect they will put us under a bit of pressure but if we can ride the storm then I feel like we have superior quality to them.

15 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Olaofe is back there missed last Saturday but has been playing.

They also have Donovan Wilson who played a few on loan for us 

lets hope wilson hasnt improved since he turned up at our place.😝