onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just woke up. Decided I cannot put in print what I felt about yesterday other than to ask...anyone know why Proctor was taken off?

According to DC he has been carrying a knock, but he didn't go into detail as to where.

Get Legge back. Go 4-3-3. Get promoted.

Covolan

Gibbons

Legge

Smith

Jones

Walker

Pett

Conlon

Worrall

Amoo

Proctor

Subs: Stone, Martin, Cass, Garrity, Politic, Rodney, Wilson

How we could have done with the height of Legge and Walker yesterday,

First post as my battery was dying on the train home.

Wow it's knicker wetting season I see. Lloyd getting pelters , conveniently forgetting his superb closing down got us the winner at Swindon. Love how he's just written off as tripe. 

We murdered them football wise with some cracking fast play. 

Obviously you can't let a 2-0 and 3-2 lead slip like we did. Just seems to be one of those days sadly. 

Huge deflection spawning their way back in just before half time. The second I was the opposite side to the none throw in incident but people in the seats would have had a better view. Looked clear that Jones flicked the ball into their player . That said we still have to defend the situation. And the winner well it looked to me ( might be wrong ) that the ref reversed his initial decision and decided to book Lloyd. Again dreadful defending though despite awful refereeing. 

The subs were baffling but Proctor is playing with a niggle hanging over him by the sounds of it. Wilson hasn't lasted beyond about 65th minute all season which is strange. 

I thought we played some lovely stuff at times but ultimately got Wimbledoned by a rough and ready team.

Clarke himself pretty much said Legge or Martin on and we win the game. 

It's gone. Again more pages when we lose because that's the Vale way isn't it. 

I believe some of our fans were fighting amongst themselves afterwards and one of the fun bus drunkards disgraced himself prior to kick off and somehow managed to get himself arrested at such an innocuous cesspit as Sutton . 

Everyone calm down we are a decent team. 

6 hours ago, valiant steve said:

We seem to be far better in the first half hour of games than we are for the final hour. The test now is how we respond at home next week. We're not going to win them all but it is a bit worrying how easy we've conceded goals today. 

Proctor was a big miss today once he was subbed off. 

If he hadn't have been taken off he might have been unavailable for future games.He probably asked to be taken off due to injury.

The ref stopped play and didn’t give anything at all. He just froze. After a few seconds when all the Sutton players were making their way back towards their own goal he got his card out to book Lloyd and the Sutton players started moving back up the pitch for the set piece. So even they didn’t think he’d given them the free.

We're 4th. Criminal way to lose but a wild deflection and an inexplicable own goal is unfortunate and unlikely.

Lucas has ballsed it for the 4th but it would seem a few lads have been in the woodwork, waiting patiently for him to balls up, before calling for "Steady Stone" (🤐) and using the word 'methinks'. Grown men at it. 

As I said in a previous post, if Proctor has an injury it was right for him to come off, but his replacement was the wrong choice and to take Wilson off at the same time, he should be fit enough now to last 90 mins, a fit professional footballer that can’t play 90 mins is strange, a bit like a marathon runner that can’t run 26.2 miles.

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

First post as my battery was dying on the train home.

Wow it's knicker wetting season I see. Lloyd getting pelters , conveniently forgetting his superb closing down got us the winner at Swindon. Love how he's just written off as tripe. 

We murdered them football wise with some cracking fast play. 

Obviously you can't let a 2-0 and 3-2 lead slip like we did. Just seems to be one of those days sadly. 

Huge deflection spawning their way back in just before half time. The second I was the opposite side to the none throw in incident but people in the seats would have had a better view. Looked clear that Jones flicked the ball into their player . That said we still have to defend the situation. And the winner well it looked to me ( might be wrong ) that the ref reversed his initial decision and decided to book Lloyd. Again dreadful defending though despite awful refereeing. 

The subs were baffling but Proctor is playing with a niggle hanging over him by the sounds of it. Wilson hasn't lasted beyond about 65th minute all season which is strange. 

I thought we played some lovely stuff at times but ultimately got Wimbledoned by a rough and ready team.

Clarke himself pretty much said Legge or Martin on and we win the game. 

It's gone. Again more pages when we lose because that's the Vale way isn't it. 

I believe some of our fans were fighting amongst themselves afterwards and one of the fun bus drunkards disgraced himself prior to kick off and somehow managed to get himself arrested at such an innocuous cesspit as Sutton . 

Everyone calm down we are a decent team. 

It's better to hear off the fans who saw the game I didn't very surprised at conceding four when you scored 3 you should win but as long as the travelling support enjoyed our efforts that's good enough for me .

Stoke fans certainly did that's for sure if there's any motivation get out of league 2 and 1 it's there smug lot when we lose .

They seem more happy when we lose than they win lol so put it behind us and get Legge back in and never repeat the diabolical defending from all the team to throw away 3 points again .

UTV 

8 hours ago, rob1983 said:

At the end of the da you shouldn't be losing that <ovf censored> game. Poor. Sick of it. Little old port vale. Bad rank management of the situation.

Christ mate it's one game! We're 4th! We did the exact same thing to another team last week and were on cloud 9.

What are you sick of? How is this 'little old Port Vale' when we inflicted this on a promotion rival 7 days ago?

"When we do it to a team it's amazing, and what football is all about. When a team does it to us, it's little old Port Vale'. Its football. High and lows. We're bang in the promotion mix. Won 5 in 7.

Once again, OVF is rife with 'last game analysis'.

At the start of the season, everyone was insistent we were solid but wouldn't score many. Then, we started to score a lot, but the very same people were now 100% sure we were 'leaky at the back'. Then, we scored two in added time vs Orient and the same lads were unequivocal in their belief that the players would 'fight to the last'. Now, we concede two late on at an in-form team and blokes are out here claiming 'keeper needs to go, little old Port Vale conceding like that'.

Just lads reacting to the last game and deciding "that's it, that's Port Vale", making U-Turns every week when, shockingly, a League 2 team with inconsistent players, does the opposite thing they were very sure about last Saturday.

We've had 11 games and we're the 4th best team. Whilst yesterday was inexcusable and infuriating, take a step back from the 'last game' and look at the bigger picture. We're a good side who, through a deflection, a daft OG, mad reffing, and an ill-advised Lucas charge, lost a game. Trust the Pruhcess.

Archived