Match Thread: Sutton United v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

You could argue that Proctor's current form is unsustainable and is what has been currently keeping us up there, completely against his career history

Do you think Cambridge fans where saying the same about Mullin?

Strikers sometimes just find a home where they are wanted with a style of play suits them to score lots of goals. 

If you looked Proctor's history he is playing a division below his standard in which case his form is sustainable.I don't think he has ever played with someone as good as Wilson either.

8 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

You could argue that Proctor's current form is unsustainable and is what has been currently keeping us up there, completely against his career history

Strikers sometimes just find a home where they are wanted with a style of play suits them to score lots of goals. 

If you looked Proctor's history he is playing a division below his standard in which case his form is sustainable.I don't think he has ever played with someone as good as Wilson either.

51 minutes ago, MBE said:

It depends what qualities you judge your CB on. Legge is head on a stick, one of the best in the division but he can't do much else.

Exactly. And that is no criticism at all. Not just winning his headers but getting serious distance on them which takes pressure off second balls. He would have helped no end Saturday (although at the end of the day we did ultimately shoot ourselves in the foot). A horses for courses plan is probably the way to go when he's back fit.

• Like 2

On 07/10/2021 at 10:17, Oohaah said:

So stand behind the goal then at £20. I'm keen to know where you've seen seated tickets for £15.

Well not seated but telling me that that cramped away end on Saturday with no beer was a fair equivalent to whatever they were offering home fans just isn’t right. 

Just for the record, I'm a big fan of Proctor, in the previous post I mentioned him as one of the key players i would be concerned about getting a long term injury. There is a reason he has consistently had contracts and featured for clubs higher up the pyramid.

It was just a point that you can't state that a player performing well (at a level they had for a number of years previously) is the reason for a run of results under one manager and a different player performing well (a striker equalling their best ever goal tally after a handful of games) hasn't contributed towards a run of results under another manager.
  • Thanks 1