Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Before Garritty had kicked a ball for us many on here had written him off based on fans opinions on another forum. Why even listen to them? Why even go on an opposition fans forum anyway?

I didn’t listen other fans views, just wasn’t too impressed with his first lot of games for us.

He's a guy desperately searching for a scapegoat. He sounds disappointed that he can't really find anything to moan about.
He tried his best! Apparently, he tries 'to look at the long term'. Funny how he only does that after we win. Can we replay his rant from last weekend?

Just now, philmpv said:
3 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:
He's a guy desperately searching for a scapegoat. He sounds disappointed that he can't really find anything to moan about.

He tried his best! Apparently, he tries 'to look at the long term'. Funny how he only does that after we win. Can we replay his rant from last weekend?

Yeah I love his "long term" view. Apparently that means we need two signings by next Tuesday!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Because they were...

We made them look ordinary.

Impenetrable defence, dangerous attacking. Set up well to counter their strengths. Great stuff from Dazzler. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Vale with best defence record in the league after 5 games and Carl wants a new keeper?

He should need a new arse after someone boots him up his current one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Dan Jones is just impeccable every week. Played everywhere. Never a foot wrong. Tough and committed but technically sound. Love him.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Dan Jones is just impeccable every week. Played everywhere. Never a foot wrong. Tough and committed but technically sound. Love him.

He's been very impressive. 

I expected him to be second choice but there's just no way we'd be dropping him now.

• Like 1

Just now, eh up nah said:

I expected him to be second choice but there's just no way we'd be dropping him now.

He's already played left and right back in a 4 and centre half in a 3.

His throw ins haven't yielded goals yet but one or two will come.

Far better on the ball than I expected, probably our best long passer bar Walker. A really clever acquisition as he was getting overlooked at Salford. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

And, after today, would anyone suggest dropping Garrity? Some interesting choices for DC! 

57 minutes ago, Conrad said:

2000 home fans for a top of the league club, pathetic.

They used to get just over 1,000 when they played at 'The Lawn' in the conference, so they have doubled their attendance

Accrington only got just over 1,000 when they came up; they haven't done too bad since and have built up their home attendance

Points-with-Bone

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

What are you having for tea? Soya Sausages or Bacon and Cheese Oatcake? 😄

Well we're getting the best crockery and cutlery out and the dining table linen

First time this season

Nothing wrong with soya oatcakes either, especially the smoked soya

Points-with-Bone

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Far better on the ball than I expected, probably our best long passer bar Walker. A really clever acquisition as he was getting overlooked at Salford. 

He's been consistently very  good.  Wherever he has played. Garrity was tremendous today. And he made the difference second half Stevenage. Proctor has been a revelation. Played well every time and goals too? Benning looked more himself today.

Credit to DC for getting it spot on. I wouldn't say Cass and Rodders were dropped on performance, probably DC is just choosing personnel for the specific game? Probably a good thing. 

Full marks all around today. A comfortable win away at the league leaders.

First sign for me that the matrix might be pointing us in the right direction. Long way to go,  but that was a very promising showing.

• Like 6