Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, Moz said:

Kurtis Guthrie moves and plays like a wheelie bin on a windy night. He's terrible. Just not as terrible as Theo Robinson.

Who do you suggest we play in their place ? 

Advert:

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Really disappointed. I had really enjoyed that match, first time I have been utterly fixed on a game from start to finish for ages. Should have won, but Guthrie missed so many easy ones with Worrall giving him great service. Robinson not much better and as for Rodney, he just doesn’t convince out wide on tonight’s evidence.

Thats the 1st game since Exeter away I have felt emotionally involved in. Brilliant work rate. More please Darrell.

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

True. But they were there for the taking tonight and quite simply we didn't, for all the positive play.

Thats football you should know nothing is a given.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m sorry but I did not see anything to be positive about there. We could have played until Saturday and not scored, and they were one of the worst sides we’ve played this season. If we cannot beat them, we sure as Hell aren’t going to beat Bolton on Saturday. 

Wow mate, really?  I’m negative about vale but come on. How about...we played 442 and didn’t get absolutely over run in midfield. Worrall 90 minutes. Amoo back.  Created endless chances. Clean sheet. Commitment from all 10 players on the pitch (and mills).Pope to come back.

It may not have been to your standards, how ever ludicrously high they are for a league two side in a relegation scrap but play like that for the remaining games and we stay up. There were far more positives tonight than there have been for the last few weeks. 

7 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

That's the best we've played since.....conner remember but oh so frustrating. i feel more like "happy clapping" after that than the last 3 weeks.

Theo Rbinson is bleeding awful, mind you Manny didn't do himself any favours in his little cameo either.

hahahaha...if you want to happy clap - go ahead! It's entirely up to you!! 🤣

2 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Every comment tonight from u start to finish was negative or slagging them off 

infact it’s every game I suppose most games u have a point but tonight they tried and were unlucky 

I’ll say again, I didn’t find (m)any positives tonight other than the clean sheet and extra point. Did we completely out play them?? No. And they were a really poor side IMO. There was no real pattern of play and it all got a bit desperate, hoping something would just drop to us. I have to say, I have never seen two strikers so ineffectual as Guthrie and Robinson. In fact, we’d be better off putting Leon Legge up front if you ask me.

Just now, Mario said:

Who do you suggest we play in their place ? 

Anyone surely? I think Rodney and Swan with Worrall and Amoo out wide. Rodney needs to improve though. What has happened with Cullen? I know he's not great but he was alright last season and generally ok in front of goal at home. One thing is for sure, Guthrie & Robinson would be last and 2nd last choice no matter who the other options are.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Thats the 1st game since Exeter away I have felt emotionally involved in. Brilliant work rate. More please Darrell.

Agree

I enjoyed the game, thought we played some decent stuff and the pressing from Wozza and Swan was impressive. The fitness certainly looks better as well. Just gutting we couldnt get a goal

Why not? Our forwards aren't just suddenly going to become decent. If Pope is back soon then just maybe we have a chance, otherwise it's curtains. We won't win more than 2 games for the rest of the season without Pope up top. Without I wouldn't be surprised much if we don't win another game.

No the strikers aren’t scoring , but we had 20 plus chances created , with numerous players from all over the pitch having opportunities. If we had scored early , the players would have relaxed with some of the opportunities and we would have comfortably won . Have a little faith and see what was a 100 % committed performance , with key players back from injury.

The performance was much improved, we took the game to Oldham and were much the better team. We should have won but yet again, we didn’t. Whatever combination we try upfront just doesn’t work. The quality in the final third is lacking.

We can’t muster a lucky win whether we are playing well or rubbish. This is what worries me.

Advert:

Just now, dazzerjames said:

Stoke fans ... everywhere

Why do people have the need to call other posters stoke fans just because they have different opinions? So childish 

Considering we're 21st and haven't won a game since January , fans are gonna be frustrated and pessimistic after another frustrating game. 

I’m sorry but I did not see anything to be positive about there. We could have played until Saturday and not scored, and they were one of the worst sides we’ve played this season. If we cannot beat them, we sure as Hell aren’t going to beat Bolton on Saturday. 

They would be bottom if the worst and have one of the better away records in the league .. and we battered them

Archived