onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, sunny boslem said:

You are one negative person 

I’m sorry but I did not see anything to be positive about there. We could have played until Saturday and not scored, and they were one of the worst sides we’ve played this season. If we cannot beat them, we sure as Hell aren’t going to beat Bolton on Saturday. 

I didn’t think that was as bad as people are making out, that was much better than in previous weeks and we created a hatful of chances, we pressed and had some creativity in worrall on there too. Just shows how we can dominate a game when we have some energy on the pitch and a desire to press high.

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I thought we were really good, and I am very pessimistic. Felt a bit like the Notts County game under Askey where we looked much improved, and then started winning.

Play like that and we'll be sound. Worrall transformative. 

I agree far more purpose.

1 minute ago, DaneValiant said:

Curle obviously had belief his players are able to defend against the kitchen sink, that's why he did it for 90 mins. We get a team who doesn't defend like that in another game and with a performance like that we've got 3 points

How so? Theyre defending was poor, we had so many chances

I thought that was a terrific performance tonight having not been happy with what I saw Saturday. Use that as the base to work from in how we play and more times than not things will work out ok for us.

Now Amoo is back I’d be resting Rodney for Bolton on Saturday. The lad needs a break. Worrall was a joy to watch, it’s not an exaggeration to say he could have doubled his seasons assist tally tonight.

Guest Vale at home
4 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Probably the best game under Clarke but oh for a striker who can score goals. We have too many players who play upfront but cant do their day jobs and score. Too many non league strikers who patently arent good enough for league 2.

Well said. You talk a lot of common sense. I feel so upset . 

Really disappointed. I had really enjoyed that match, first time I have been utterly fixed on a game from start to finish for ages. Should have won, but Guthrie missed so many easy ones with Worrall giving him great service. Robinson not much better and as for Rodney, he just doesn’t convince out wide on tonight’s evidence.

Curle obviously had belief his players are able to defend against the kitchen sink, that's why he did it for 90 mins. We get a team who doesn't defend like that in another game and with a performance like that we've got 3 points
Unless by attacking they cause our weak defence more problems than they can handle.

Big opportunity to get points missed today against one of the poorest teams we have to play.

Archived