onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

I thought we were really good, and I am very pessimistic. Felt a bit like the Notts County game under Askey where we looked much improved, and then started winning.

Play like that and we'll be sound. Worrall transformative. 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Yes weve not win tonight but if we play like that until the end of the season there is no way we will go down. Great performance just missing that little bit of quality/luck

How did you work that one out? We cant score. Play as well as we want if we cant put the ball in the net its pointless. Like tonight. We have had more chances today that when we put 6 past Bolton, yet scored 0 and lets be honest didnt even test the keeper. We will go down if we cant start scoring. Need Pope back ASAP

8 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Yes weve not won tonight but if we play like that until the end of the season there is no way we will go down. Great performance just missing that little bit of quality/luck

Why not? Our forwards aren't just suddenly going to become decent. If Pope is back soon then just maybe we have a chance, otherwise it's curtains. We won't win more than 2 games for the rest of the season without Pope up top. Without I wouldn't be surprised much if we don't win another game.

1 minute ago, ItsPricey said:

The most f*cking frustrating game I've ever watched in my life. If Guthrie had taken one of his umpteen chances we would have opened the floodgates. He could have had a hattrick. Pope would have had a field day. Bolton on Saturday will be a completely different story I think.

Yeah it will as we will get absolutely smashed. We are going down unfortunately.

Can’t fault the lads for effort, gave it absolutely everything and we were actually creating changes. Just a shame Guthrie can’t hit a barn door. Fully deserved to win that and how we haven’t is sickening.

Im very concerned about relegation still. If we can’t take our chances we will go down. And we also have no luck at all with Conlon’s effort hitting the post etc, another classic symptom of a relegation side.

Just now, The man in the pub said:

Probably the best game under Clarke but oh for a striker who can score goals. We have too many players who play upfront but cant do their day jobs and score. Too many non league strikers who patently arent good enough for league 2.

Gutted with it tonight. I think if you put Popey in that 11 tonight we win 3 or 4 Nil comfortably 

Archived