Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

1 minute ago, Santa said:

Yates/Stockley

McCombe, Collins, Owen

Kris Taylor

Did Collins play as the sweeper then, as the other two definitely aren’t that type of player. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was absolutely no need to call carol a bitch. That's shameful on your part

I feel desperately desperately sorry for Carol 

Don’t see why we sacked Askey to not appoint anyone. I honestly think we’d have done better with him still in charge.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Im guessing the club is just going to keep quiet until Saturday and pretend like last night didnt happen. 

it would be nice for carol to come out and say its not good enough and we are now looking at potential new managers but lets face it nothing is going to be done. 

we are going down lads everything that is happening around the club points that way and we as are club seem that we are accepting this no desire. 

Atleast smurf wasnt afraid of making big decisions.

My guess is they will be hoping for a win on saturday so we can just plod on,sadly i think fans are starting to turn and thats a real shame after all the wonderful work Carol does

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Did Collins play as the sweeper then, as the other two definitely aren’t that type of player. 

Yes he did.

Advert:

6 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Carol and Kevin bought the club at the amount agreed with Smurfwaite. If I was a businessman I would have waited until the club was in admin again and snapped it up cheap, even if Smurfwaite had sent us down via a points deduction.

Norman was the sole creditor and could therefore dictate the sale of the club if we were in administration.

He could refuse sale after sale until the administrators liquidated us. He told me explicitly that this was his plan, out of spite.

Carol had no choice but to play £5m for a club worth about a 1/5 of that. There was no cheap option. It was break the bank or let us fold. 

Carol has made a couple of understandable and expected missteps in very trying circumstances in her 2nd season. Comments like yours are not only unhelpful but fairly inaccurate.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

it would be nice for carol to come out and say its not good enough and we are now looking at potential new managers but lets face it nothing is going to be done. 

Atleast smurf wasnt afraid of making big decisions.

🤔

Advert:

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Norman was the sole creditor and could therefore dictate the sale of the club if we were in administration.

He could refuse sale after sale until the administrators liquidated us. He told me explicitly that this was his plan, out of spite.

Carol had no choice but to play £5m for a club worth about a 1/5 of that. There was no cheap option. It was break the bank or let us fold. 

Carol has made a couple of understandable and expected missteps in very trying circumstances in her 2nd season. Comments like yours are not only unhelpful but fairly inaccurate.

Gullible certainly. Smurfwaite loves money, he was never going to just fold the club and leave with nothing. He isn’t that rich. 

Norman used the con trick of a folding club and yes he could refuse sale after sale. He wouldn’t be able to as those administrators need paying and won’t simply let the club shut for free. They will sell off what they could. 

£5m was a Smurfwaite ransom note and his bluff should have been called. 

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Were you saying all this rubbish last season?  I don't remember.

We were not struggling at the bottom of league 2, with no manager last season. I see no way out unless cash is splashed. 

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Gullible certainly. Smurfwaite loves money, he was never going to just fold the club and leave with nothing. He isn’t that rich. 

Norman used the con trick of a folding club and yes he could refuse sale after sale. He wouldn’t be able to as those administrators need paying and won’t simply let the club shut for free. They will sell off what they could. 

£5m was a Smurfwaite ransom note and his bluff should have been called. 

He is that rich. He would have retained the ground as it was in a separate company and could have rented/sold it, and that made up about 90% of the club's value. The bloke held all the cards.

I'm glad to know you'd have taken the risk with 125 years of history and a club that stretches back generations, on the basis that an unhinged man with a reputation for spite would do the sensible thing, but I thank the Lord everyday that Carol didn't risk it. 

• Like 2

Advert: