Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

2 hours ago, 1 said:

There was a position on the official website for an unpaid student tactical analyst (can't remember the title exactly) - and that collated information was sent to the people who decide on first team tactics. Designed as a "route into football".

This is the club's direction at the moment.

So there'll be a thread next season calling for the unpaid student tactical analyst to be sacked

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advert:

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was absolutely no need to call carol a bitch. That's shameful on your part

I feel desperately desperately sorry for Carol 

Don’t see why we sacked Askey to not appoint anyone. I honestly think we’d have done better with him still in charge.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I’d argue that is what we have been playing. Striker is always isolated. I think we have the right personnel, especially out wide to play 3-5-2/5-3-2. With gibbons and monty. 

I’ve always been a fan of 5-3-2/3-5-2 with a lot of width.Id like to see 1 centre midfielder getting forward more using 4-5-1 which always leaves 4.Manny or Taylor? We aren’t tight enough . Through passes instead of crosses.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Carol and Kevin bought the club at the amount agreed with Smurfwaite. If I was a businessman I would have waited until the club was in admin again and snapped it up cheap, even if Smurfwaite had sent us down via a points deduction.

People who pay over the odds for things always end up in trouble, unless Carol had a plan to get the club to make more money, which at the moment isn’t happening. If someone buys something 5 times its worth with massive ongoing overheads, they are not a community saviour, they are simply stupid. 

Say I buy a Ferrari worth £50,000 for £500,000 because the previous owner was leaving it to rust and it was a rare asset. If I then use that Ferrari even though it isn’t the appropriate means, to deliver meals to impoverished children, does that mean it is ok because the community benefits? Of course not, you still have an over paid for, expensive car that needs more money to keep going and cost way too much in the first place.

I'd say that a woman from a working class background who built a business from scratch that was successful enough for her to be able to waste £5 million on a football club is probably quite good at business but you do you.

I don't think we have the personnel to play a wing back system, namely a central defender who is comfortable on the ball and who can defend space to play as the sweeper. I also dont think playing a sweeper and Joyce in the same team would be a good idea.

We tried it a few times under Aspin and it didn't work.

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

Im guessing the club is just going to keep quiet until Saturday and pretend like last night didnt happen. 

it would be nice for carol to come out and say its not good enough and we are now looking at potential new managers but lets face it nothing is going to be done. 

we are going down lads everything that is happening around the club points that way and we as are club seem that we are accepting this no desire. 

Atleast smurf wasnt afraid of making big decisions.

37 minutes ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, Rory said:
Sounds like a better option at least.

How? Just how?

This will end up being a journey we will no doubt have to undertake before we can move on as  a club(a bit like Newcastle with Shearer, albeit they are also pants at the moment as well).

The Pope / Yates ‘dream team’ will then either be successful, or go the way of Foyle / Glover / Aspin.

Maybe it would be the answer to all our woes, but aside from a spell running The Sneyd perhaps a little light on experience.

Perhaps then we can move on sensibly from those heady days of 2013, and realise that all problems cannot be solved purely in Sneyd Green!

• Like 1

I managed the school team to a league, cup and city cup win about five years ago. Also, a city wide 5-a-side and a county wide 5-a-side competition victory.

Thinking about it, I hope I haven’t missed the deadline for the manager’s job.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I managed the school team to a league, cup and city cup win about five years ago. Also, a city wide 5-a-side and a county wide 5-a-side competition victory.

7 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

anybody named after a cheating,  fat,, arrogant,drug addict seems as good a choice as any!😊

Advert:

3 hours ago, Bimbleabout said:

You think the back three without Leon is strong enough to communicate and move as one? I'm not so sure, but I would love to see 3/5/2

We definitely need another centre half is legge isn’t an option. I’d argue smith and crookes are both suited to the left and right side centre half as they have also played full back. 

3 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

I’ve always been a fan of 5-3-2/3-5-2 with a lot of width.Id like to see 1 centre midfielder getting forward more using 4-5-1 which always leaves 4.Manny or Taylor? We aren’t tight enough . Through passes instead of crosses.

If we actually pushed Taylor or manny that far forward then yes, but it never seems to happen. 

3 hours ago, Santa said:

I don't think we have the personnel to play a wing back system, namely a central defender who is comfortable on the ball and who can defend space to play as the sweeper. I also dont think playing a sweeper and Joyce in the same team would be a good idea.

We tried it a few times under Aspin and it didn't work.

Who did we have play there when Adam’s played it? 

3 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Who did we have play there when Adam’s played it? 

Yates/Stockley

McCombe, Collins, Owen

Kris Taylor