Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Certainly need a shake-up after that abject display against Walsall (Again). Scunthorpe managed to beat Grimsby 3-0, so should we fear them? Hopefully Taylor will score, impress his previous club(Loan) and show them why we were so keen to sign him. Will we see more of Gibbons? Rodney fit?  Weather permitting 0-0 probably.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was absolutely no need to call carol a bitch. That's shameful on your part

I feel desperately desperately sorry for Carol 

There’s just nothing likeable about this team or club at the minute. I’m sick of coming on here every half time and full time saying the same things The whole back four is a shambles. How can we

Posted Images

Advert:

I think we are already deep in it. I know it won't happen but if the teams below us win their games in hand we'll be 22nd these next 2 games are massive for our survival hopes and I know that sounds somewhat doom and gloom but I'm afraid it's the reality of the situation. Unless something drastically changes and recent evidence predicts that nothing is changing.

• Like 1

I think we are already deep in it. I know it won't happen but if the teams below us win their games in hand we'll be 22nd these next 2 games are massive for our survival hopes and I know that sounds somewhat doom and gloom but I'm afraid it's the reality of the situation. Unless something drastically changes and recent evidence predicts that nothing is changing.

Oh for sure, yesterday was a missed opportunity, if we can win the next 2 we could be 14 clear and then you’d feel we should be ok, huge games. The games after look awful.

4 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Oh for sure, yesterday was a missed opportunity, if we can win the next 2 we could be 14 clear and then you’d feel we should be ok, huge games. The games after look awful.

Our 4 away games after Scunthorpe are 

Orient Salford Cheltenham Colchester

Ouch 

Advert:

I dont expect us get anything from this game. Its a ground we don't have a good record at and the way we are playing at the moment it's very likely we will lose. We struggle against pace as we are slow at the back so I'd imagine there best player eisa will have a field day against us.

I dont expect us get anything from this game. Its a ground we don't have a good record at and the way we are playing at the moment it's very likely we will lose. We struggle against pace as we are slow at the back so I'd imagine there best player eisa will have a field day against us.

Only hope is he will hopefully be against Gibbo rather than Mills!

9 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Only hope is he will hopefully be against Gibbo rather than Mills!

As well as Gibbo did on Saturday in that short cameo I’m not sure we should throw him in on Tuesday for a full 90. I think we need to careful in how we ease him back in. Especially as we've got no reserve games to give these lads much needed minutes and I’m not sure how much meaningful training the team can do given the weather the last week or so. We don’t want to rush our better players back in and risk complications. 

Gibbo for the first 30-40 mins then swap him out for mills I know that sounds a bit daft but we need to give him game time as well as easing him back and as you say there's no other games I actually believe a fully fit gibbo back in the side is crucial to us getting out of this predicament we are in. He's far better going forward and gets back quickly so it doesn't leave the centre halves as exposed how many goals have we conceded this season whilst Mills is still trotting back from being out of position.

• Like 1

Advert:

If you old enough you are good enough in comes the youth team goalie for me on tues and heres my team 

Collings

Gibbons new ch or reinstate Legge Brisley Brisley Montano 

Worrall Burgess Taylor Hurst 

Cullen Guthrie 

Hopefully we get the run of the ball in this game I've dropped a few I've got for more legs with Burgess who plays well with Taylor .

The other changes are due to poor to average performance levels ,you cannot keep picking people on last seasons efforts ,its history as we will be if folk do no improve ten fold 

Fitzpatrick ,Mills,Smith and Joyce are dropped .

Conlon not dropped just feel you need the right balance in the midfield Conlons like a free man well if we are winning and we playing well he would add to that in a crisis which we are in we do not free roaming players we need a rigid 4-4-2 with legs UTV 

If you old enough you are good enough in comes the youth team goalie for me on tues and heres my team 
       Collings
       Cullen Guthrie 
Hopefully we get the run of the ball in this game I've dropped a few I've got for more legs with Burgess who plays well with Taylor .
The other changes are due to poor to average performance levels ,you cannot keep picking people on last seasons efforts ,its history as we will be if folk do no improve ten fold 
Conlon not dropped just feel you need the right balance in the midfield Conlons like a free man well if we are winning and we playing well he would add to that in a crisis which we are in we do not free roaming players we need a rigid 4-4-2 with legs UTV 
So you drop the captain who was the stand out player on Saturday....I don't know why I bite at your fishing posts.

8 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Collings

Cullen Guthrie 

Funniest post of the year so far......................