Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was absolutely no need to call carol a bitch. That's shameful on your part

I feel desperately desperately sorry for Carol 

Don’t see why we sacked Askey to not appoint anyone. I honestly think we’d have done better with him still in charge.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Mario said:
26 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:
If you old enough you are good enough in comes the youth team goalie for me on tues and heres my team 
       Collings
Gibbons new ch or reinstate Legge Brisley Brisley Montano 
Worrall Burgess Taylor Hurst 
       Cullen Guthrie 
Hopefully we get the run of the ball in this game I've dropped a few I've got for more legs with Burgess who plays well with Taylor .
The other changes are due to poor to average performance levels ,you cannot keep picking people on last seasons efforts ,its history as we will be if folk do no improve ten fold 
Fitzpatrick ,Mills,Smith and Joyce are dropped .
Conlon not dropped just feel you need the right balance in the midfield Conlons like a free man well if we are winning and we playing well he would add to that in a crisis which we are in we do not free roaming players we need a rigid 4-4-2 with legs UTV 

So you drop the captain who was the stand out player on Saturday....I don't know why I bite at your fishing posts.

Tbh he did play ok sat along with Worrall Brisley Cullen Gibbo  but we need play Guthrie and Cullen together in ten mins we were more decent than the 80 beforehand unless I was watching another game ok put Conlon in hursts position then it just means we will width one wing and a player who comes inside on the other so we will not stretch the opposition on the left side then.

If we play one up front may aswell forfeit the game as we are as sharp and have as much thrust as a virgin who's never made love ,and has no idea ,that's us with one up front it makes all our strikers look abject ,I think they are not our system makes them seem that 

Brown

gibbons

brisley

smith

montano

worrall

conlon

joyce

taylor

(diamond with Worrall at the 10)

Rodney

Cullen

Doesn’t work - take the worst mid off, Amoo on and go 442 

What’s the obsession with 433? When you’ve got <ovf censored> players playing that formation it just means you get overrun in midfield and somehow simultaneously have no support for a lone striker. The players need a simple formation with a simple task to do. Defend - I do X, attack - I do Y. The players aren’t capable of anything else so just set up with players behind the ball and score off a set piece, especially away from home.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, blackdog said:

Funniest post of the year so far......................

Whys that you cannot carry doing the same things over and over maybe the youth team goalie gets off his line ,that why Brown should be rested ,dropped or whatever you call it .

As for Amoo quite clearly not enjoying his football his body language tells me that ,when was the last game he set up a goal or scored one his performance levels have not being high .

Smith if you watch most of the games like I have done in his career then you will wonder how he is picked so often ,a mistake waiting to happen most games I mean this is harsh but sat the second goal the goal which gave Walsall a big leg up more so because the game was drifting to a 1-1 draw  he gets done by the ball to adebayo who leaves him for dead then he is seen jogging back no commitment about two mins after the ball hits the back of our net  ,I could go on theres load of occasions where his mistakes have cost us goals and give momentum to the other sides momentum they wouldn't have got if someone decent played in his position .

Joyce constantly not at it ,behind the play ,slow to the ball and having a terrible season ,on sat he was not brave when that ball come in for the second goal he should have got there and headed clear  another who is jogging through games,I do not see the commitment required and I feel that what the hell do you need a holding midfielder for ,is that because theres players in your defence who cannot do there jobs .

Fitzpatrick nice passer of the ball but very limited defensively and if I'm correct in saying this is as no assists from left back ,the second and third were as much his and Smith's docileness as Browns terribleness .

MIlls I thought he generally did ok sat but I prefer Gibbons he offers more way more than a lot of our players offer .

So black dog i ain't actually trying be funny I'm actually trying get me head around Vale constantly giving poor undeserved in some games goals away to opposition who are are about as good as us ,not better ,but made to look better by our players giving them goals on a regular basis goals they do not have to work hard to get .

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Whys that you cannot carry doing the same things over and over maybe the youth team goalie gets off his line ,that why Brown should be rested ,dropped or whatever you call it .

As for Amoo quite clearly not enjoying his football his body language tells me that ,when was the last game he set up a goal or scored one his performance levels have not being high .

Smith if you watch most of the games like I have done in his career then you will wonder how he is picked so often ,a mistake waiting to happen most games I mean this is harsh but sat the second goal the goal which gave Walsall a big leg up more so because the game was drifting to a 1-1 draw  he gets done by the ball to adebayo who leaves him for dead then he is seen jogging back no commitment about two mins after the ball hits the back of our net  ,I could go on theres load of occasions where his mistakes have cost us goals and give momentum to the other sides momentum they wouldn't have got if someone decent played in his position .

Joyce constantly not at it ,behind the play ,slow to the ball and having a terrible season ,on sat he was not brave when that ball come in for the second goal he should have got there and headed clear  another who is jogging through games,I do not see the commitment required and I feel that what the hell do you need a holding midfielder for ,is that because theres players in your defence who cannot do there jobs .

Fitzpatrick nice passer of the ball but very limited defensively and if I'm correct in saying this is as no assists from left back ,the second and third were as much his and Smith's docileness as Browns terribleness .

MIlls I thought he generally did ok sat but I prefer Gibbons he offers more way more than a lot of our players offer .

So black dog i ain't actually trying be funny I'm actually trying get me head around Vale constantly giving poor undeserved in some games goals away to opposition who are are about as good as us ,not better ,but made to look better by our players giving them goals on a regular basis goals they do not have to work hard to get .

It was hilarious, you had 12 players in the side and you dropped Conlon the one bright spark recently,

• Like 1

Advert:

I would guess that if we dont get a striker in then we will set up 4-3-3 again unless he teams Cullen up with Guthrie but thats all we have available now up top apart from the young lad Bailey

20 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

If you old enough you are good enough in comes the youth team goalie for me on tues and heres my team 

Collings

Gibbons new ch or reinstate Legge Brisley Brisley Montano 

Worrall Burgess Taylor Hurst 

Cullen Guthrie 

Hopefully we get the run of the ball in this game I've dropped a few I've got for more legs with Burgess who plays well with Taylor .

The other changes are due to poor to average performance levels ,you cannot keep picking people on last seasons efforts ,its history as we will be if folk do no improve ten fold 

Fitzpatrick ,Mills,Smith and Joyce are dropped .

Conlon not dropped just feel you need the right balance in the midfield Conlons like a free man well if we are winning and we playing well he would add to that in a crisis which we are in we do not free roaming players we need a rigid 4-4-2 with legs UTV 

Yes! Absolute vintage.

• Like 1

Not confident in a win at all.  If we keep it below 4 we will do well.  No doubt we will go defensive in formation and tactics and that will be our undoing as our defence and midfield like to watch their markers rush past them and score.

1 striker up front who will be marked by 2 defenders and wont get a chance as he will be battered by them.  The wingers will lob in balls that he has no chance of doing anything with it.  Defence and midfield will just hoof everything up field and it will go straight to a scunny player who will no doubt do more with the ball than our lot can at the moment.

Please, pretty please Vale players prove me and the others totally wrong and win this game.  I dare you 🤪🤣

19 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I would guess that if we dont get a striker in then we will set up 4-3-3 again unless he teams Cullen up with Guthrie but thats all we have available now up top apart from the young lad Bailey

I think we would have set up 4-4-2 had Rodney been fit on Saturday. I think with the players we have, coupled with a lack of shots on target and an increasing impatient fan base, we need to give 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 a prolonged run. 

If everyone was fit and raring to go, I would like to see this team:

Brown

Gibbo  Brisley  New CH  Monty

Amoo  Manny  Conlon  Worrall

Guthrie Rodney

For Tuesday, I guess Smith , Mills (if we are still easing Gibbo back), Fitz (if Monty is still isolating) Taylor and Cullen come in.

We have to take it to teams and be aggressive. Only a number of wins will bring back any sort of feel good factor. 

I think we would have set up 4-4-2 had Rodney been fit on Saturday. I think with the players we have, coupled with a lack of shots on target and an increasing impatient fan base, we need to give 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 a prolonged run. 
If everyone was fit and raring to go, I would like to see this team:
                   Brown
Gibbo  Brisley  New CH  Monty
Amoo  Manny  Conlon  Worrall
            Guthrie Rodney

For Tuesday, I guess Smith , Mills (if we are still easing Gibbo back), Fitz (if Monty is still isolating) Taylor and Cullen come in.
We have to take it to teams and be aggressive. Only a number of wins will bring back any sort of feel good factor. 

Monty should be available but from what Pugh was saying it sounds like Rodney is unlikely

Advert:

If Monty is available then we have a couple of players that seem to give a damn on the pitch.

Conlon, Worrall, Gibbons, Monty and Brown.  Taylor seems to try and is early days for him. 

Think Rodney will be unavailable due to injury so not included in the tries list.

The others just seem to go through the motions of being a footballer at the moment.

If Monty is available then we have a couple of players that seem to give a damn on the pitch.
Conlon, Worrall, Gibbons, Monty and Brown.  Taylor seems to try and is early days for him. 
Think Rodney will be unavailable due to injury so not included in the tries list.
The others just seem to go through the motions of being a footballer at the moment.

I think Smith tries- he’s just struggling at the moment

Got seriously no hope for this game what a depressing time we live in. 

the first couple of months of the season watching vale play was a massive outlet for me and gave me a chance for 90 minutes to forget about everything thats going on in the world and enjoy us playing a game a football. 

find it really sad that i dont even know if i can bare to watch the games anymore. I have never seen a team with so little about them they should honestly be ashamed of themselves bar a couple of them. In a time where ive not been able to see my family or in months they are able to train together and play football for a living which most of us could only dream of. And they are taking advantage and stealing a wage. They are not good enough and honestly i wish i could just not care anymore because it is beyond depressing being a fan of this club ive seen two good seasons in the 20 years ive been supporting us. we must be one of the dullest teams in the football league. Never even had a glimmer of were going places. 

carol comes in and for the first time in however long i felt a bit of optimism but weve gone even worse since shes taken over the club. The club as it stands at the moment is a shambles. And people are saying you cant blame carol you cant blame colin garlick. THEY ARE ALL TO BLAME. The players the staff the board the lot of them. They are all to blame for this <ovf censored> show of a season. This is how they repay the fans by backing them to the max with season ticket sales and shirt sales its not <ovf censored> good enough. We atleast deserve to see some passion some ambition and weve got absolutely nothing. 

Carol is saying just get through the season what do you mean just get through the season you cannot say that with a half a season to go and a transfer market and the ability to appoint a new manager. does this season not matter ??!?!??? Yes we have made losses in money this season but so has every other league 2 club and they arent saying lets just get through and then go for it next year.. its not good enough am sorry and i would of thought as carol is a vale fan she would understand more than anyone this isnt good enough. 

rant over fed up, cant wait for another <ovf censored> show tomorrow gonna be a great watch!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackdog said:

It was hilarious, you had 12 players in the side and you dropped Conlon the one bright spark recently,

We are away if it means we can get something developing between Guthrie and Cullen so if to we score first it might give the whole team confidence then it's a bold and good move .

I think Conlons a fine player but at times goes AWOL and let's face it we are staring at non league ,a squad full of players used properly could win you every game,no one player is more important than another ,its a team game everybody as to works a one I see anything but that, so I think you try different things and I for one enjoyed Cullens cameo alongside Guthrie wouldnt it be lovely if they both scored tomoz night after both having fine games in ten mins on Saturday there was something and I  enjoyed that phase of the game the other 80 apart from glimmers fromConlon and Worrall it was abject to say the least .

UTV 

For me, we need 4/4/2 and have a better chance to score/ hold the ball up. As Scunthorpe play with the monster Loft up front and the tricky Eisa, we will need a dominant centre half!

I would go,

Brown

Gibbons Smith Legge Montana

Worall Conlon Taylor Hurst

Guthrie Cullen as Rodney won’t be fit.

Advert:

17 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

For me, we need 4/4/2 and have a better chance to score/ hold the ball up. As Scunthorpe play with the monster Loft up front and the tricky Eisa, we will need a dominant centre half!

I would go,

Brown

Gibbons Smith Legge Montana

Worall Conlon Taylor Hurst

Guthrie Cullen as Rodney won’t be fit.

Is that Hannah Montana? 🤣😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scotty Brown in goal.

If we play Gibbo and Monty as full backs that gives us pace. Legge is dominant in the air. Brisley next to Legge as Smith is so badly out of form it's unbelievable! 

Midfield four of Woz, Taylor, Conlon and Burgess. Use Woz to attack both flanks at will and the other three central.

Guthrie up front with Cullen. 

442 but Woz free to roam and raid down both wings.

Subs of Amoo and Hurst to change things up top and Fits and Smith to cover tiredness at the back, what with Gibbo and Monty returning from injury. 

Can't see us getting anything from this game but it will give Guthrie and Cullen some time to form a partnership. Draw would be decent. We must win Sarfend on Satdee! 

UTV!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

We are away if it means we can get something developing between Guthrie and Cullen so if to we score first it might give the whole team confidence then it's a bold and good move .

I think Conlons a fine player but at times goes AWOL and let's face it we are staring at non league ,a squad full of players used properly could win you every game,no one player is more important than another ,its a team game everybody as to works a one I see anything but that, so I think you try different things and I for one enjoyed Cullens cameo alongside Guthrie wouldnt it be lovely if they both scored tomoz night after both having fine games in ten mins on Saturday there was something and I  enjoyed that phase of the game the other 80 apart from glimmers fromConlon and Worrall it was abject to say the least .

UTV 

Conlon AWOL?🤔😂😂😂

• Haha 2