Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, wotsyobeef said:
5 minutes ago, valefan79 said:
We're playing Sunderland who are one league higher, not Liverpool or Man United, this is absoutely shocking, Marine had more efforts against Spurs than we have.

We're marine one fluke effort away from extra time in the 89th minute too?

They at least had a go. They’re what 8 leagues below Spurs. We are 1 league. Were not playing an amazing side - a complete lack of desire to try and win the game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, andy jones said:

I am watching it. For goodness sake Sunderland didn't get to this stage by losing all their games you know.

Perhaps, just perhaps, we are up against more skillful players?

Some of you just make up stories to fit your own agendas.

This is exactly the same sort of performance as against Stevenage, Barrow, Mansfield etc. 

We're stories made up when we we're upset then? They are in the league above not the Champions League.

• Like 2

Come on Vale.  We could win on penalties if only you try and shoot at goal.  May be Jake will pop up and score.

Guess not after Visser brought his man down.  

Guess Carol's phone is going to be ringing a lot tonight and tomorrow.

Edited by PVFC764

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Come on Vale.  We could win on penalties if only you try and shoot at goal.  May be Jake will pop up and score.

Why did you mention penalties.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

I'm surprised it's only 1 0 given we played most of the match with nine men. Whitehead and Robinson are gash. 

And Mills. Just seen some quick clips on twitter, dreadful. 

An absolutely futile 90 minutes in which victory was never on the cards. I don't expect much as a Port Vale fan, but for £10 I'd like to at least, for 30 seconds, think we might win the game of football.

Some on here bowing in deference to Sunderland reserves, with 1 win in 9 and 10th in League 1. The set-up was far too cautious.

Robinson and Whitehead continue to be utterly awful.

Got no issue with losing but the lack of any form of endeavour was not good. We weren't even close to being in the game. I guess Pugh has his priorities, hence the 7 changes.

Is it too much to ask that we are at least competitive in games, considering how bad the recent months has been? Or is that too moany/demanding?

Ah well. Focus on the league!

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1