Match Thread: FLT R3 Sunderland v Port Vale

Fosse69

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Does that mean this is acceptable? 

Did I say it was? It isn’t a good performance. But we had people saying Pugh shouldn’t be judged on this game, that we shouldn’t be playing this player or that player. If he went full strength and one of our key players got injured there would be hell up. At the end of the day this game has no bearing on our season, and is probably a game Pugh didn’t need. We will probably never see this 11 picked together in the league and some of these players may need to slot in at some point are getting valuable minutes on the pitch. 

Rubbish. You could say that if we were trying to play. We’re all sat back not even attempting to play football. Most negative performance I’ve seen since Aspin. 
I've changed my mind I think you are right. They have gone out there tonight thinking lets not bother keeping the ball I want to run around chasing them all night. I don't want to pick up an appearance bonus on Saturday either. It's ok kidsgrove athletic will offer me a contract to play next season.

Just now, PV1973 said:

Did I say it was? It isn’t a good performance. But we had people saying Pugh shouldn’t be judged on this game, that we shouldn’t be playing this player or that player. If he went full strength and one of our key players got injured there would be hell up. At the end of the day this game has no bearing on our season, and is probably a game Pugh didn’t need. We will probably never see this 11 picked together in the league and some of these players may need to slot in at some point are getting valuable minutes on the pitch. 

I initially thought don’t judge Pugh on this game. I’ve now changed my mind. The tactics he’s employed in this game are awful, and I’ve had enough of it with Brown then Aspin. No more negative bilge for me please.

6 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

This is not 433, Liverpool and other top teams play that, this is 451, who is anywhere near Robinson.

I wouldn't know, I knew better than to pay a tenner to watch.

When I saw the lineup on twitter I knew the intention would be 433 though, which with this bunch of wasters, is dreary, papier mache midfield dogshlt. 

Archived