Finished 5th 

Finished 7th

Plymouth

Playoffs League 2

Promotion from League 2

7th in League 1

Sacked after a poor season

Morecambe

Currently third with a game in hand on one of the lowest budgets in the league, reaching the third round of the FA Cup and being described as 'transformational' in a short space of time.

Gary Flitcroft

Bury - 1 Promotion with the biggest budget in the league that could not afford which played a massive part in the club going under

Mansfield - Semi Final Play off spot with the biggest budget in the league 

There’s always a lot more to appointing anyone to any role than just looking at past records. You have to consider whether the person’s personality will fit into the existing organisation and whether the appointee can work with the appointer. 

I’ve appointed many people over my career and some I’ve got right and some wrong any one thing I’ve learned is past records are no guarantee of future performance.

• Like 3

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

On 29/01/2021 at 09:45, Jacko51 said:

Derek Adams has to be on the short list surely. 

I would hope so Jean but, 1. He already has a job. 2. Would Morecombe allow him to come. 3. Has he applied?

10 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

How do you know he does not want the job?

Did he send you a whattsapp telling you?

How do you know he does? You are the one making the leap.

Did he WhatsApp you to tell you he applied and the interview went well and when he gets it do you want to go for a pint to celebrate.

You have taken a name suggested by another poster by your own admission, become set on it being hi. And only him and used over 50% of your 19 posts to just me as negative as possible that it’s not Adam’s.

Get over it. It’s not him. Up to you whether you can bring yourself to support the club without your saviour. 

Edited by Iron Curtain

Personally, I'd be happy with Flitcroft. Decent record with similar clubs to us and he's an experienced manager in this division. He's definitely a step up from our recent managers. Some of the names I've seen bandied about (Cook, Cowley, etc) are pie in the sky and ultimately Carol will never please everyone. Give the new manager, whoever it may be, the rest of the season to get his tactics and style of play implemented, get rid of some the dead wood and then back him next season. Rome wasn't built in a day. Ultimately we are a League Two side with League Two players and we need a manger who knows this league well and Flitcroft fits the bill.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

It will interesting to see if anything gets mentioned today from 2pm on the radio.

You would hope for an announcement on Monday and then they have the day to ship some out(the de-registered) and maybe get another in

Well if the rumour that he will be at todays game is true then it won't be Adams, or Morecombe will be sending out a search party. 😀

10 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

It will interesting to see if anything gets mentioned today from 2pm on the radio.

You would hope for an announcement on Monday and then they have the day to ship some out(the de-registered) and maybe get another in

I’d be surprised if someone doesn’t find themselves standing on Hamil Road between now and 3pm. Looking for likely stooges to arrive.

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

For a starters I do know that he’s applied.

Secondly, having a different opinion to you does not mean it’s negative.

You do not agree with me, I do not agree with you, that does not make it negative

Another “I’m in the know” poster... you will forgive me for not instantly believing you.

I didn’t say your opinion was negative because it was different to mine. I said it was negative because it was negative. 

For a starters I do know that he’s applied.
Secondly, having a different opinion to you does not mean it’s negative.
You do not agree with me, I do not agree with you, that does not make it negative
Just because he may of applied, doesn't mean that we can afford his wages or contract demands

4 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

It’s not negative having a opposite but I would rather you not respond to any of my posts now thank you

Not sure that’s how it works 😂

4 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

It’s not negative having a opposite but I would rather you not respond to any of my posts now thank you

Again... the fact it was a different opinion to mine isn’t what made it negative. They are two completely independent concepts.

I am more than capable of having a negative opinion myself... as proof my opinion of your “I know what’s going on and know Adam’s applied” story is rather negative.

If Adams did (I’m not saying he did) apply that would now make it two teams that have turned him down in us and Bradford.

Maybe he isn’t the messiah people think he is and his methods, demands, ethos and commitments to either of those clubs were not what they wanted.

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Morecambe / Port Vale

Im sure you can work that one out for yourself

The concept of demand and supply and its impact on Price isn’t something you are comfortable with is it?

His Stock is very high, I’m sure if he did apply he didn’t just say “oh well, give us a few Bob more than Morcambe do and I’m in”

Well it's definitely not Danny Cowley cause he's on Sky Sports now commentating on Norwich game, so he won't be watching. Not that I thought it was him for a minute.

2 minutes ago, boleyuk said:

Well it's definitely not Danny Cowley cause he's on Sky Sports now commentating on Norwich game, so he won't be watching. Not that I thought it was him for a minute.

Not that I think he is in the running, but Vale don`t kick off until after the game has finished, in any case can easily watch the recording later. I would have expected the short list to already have watched a few Vale games on iFollow.