Next Manager

Advert:

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

Even in these crazy times, we haven’t gone so wacky that Morecombe will get promoted.

bet.

Yeah, it's not like Accrington are in League One or Wycombe are in the Championship or anything

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

That would seem strange given Plymouth’s crowds for league 2.

None of this matters though if he doesn’t want the job. If he gets Morcambe promoted he will be seen as a miracle worker and will be looked at for top end league 1 or even championship jobs.

He would have been my choice too... but we ha e to stop the obsession. 

Well, I meant it was more limited in League One. It was "competitive" in League Two

It happens all the time that managers trade their short term success at a small club for a club having a hard time but with potential.

not saying we are Barca but come on, Morecombe!

bloody Morecombe !

MORECOMBE!!??

Edited by 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Yeah, it's not like Accrington are in League One or Wycombe are in the Championship or anything

Like I said, bet 

see you in May to collect

Advert:

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

It happens all the time that managers trade their short term success at a small club for a club having a hard time but with potential.

blood Morecombe !

MORECOMBE!!??

Its by the sea 😄

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Soothsayer

Read it again: on the basis of form and track record, he is the best of the three. Undeniably. I deliberately said these data were only part of the picture IF he had applied. The rest is up to him and the club. 

And the assumption that your news feed might have something to say about a private application made by a private individual in a confidential and competitive setting is just nonsense.

And it's clear why he might want to apply to the Vale. We are a bigger club with more potential despite our current wretched position; with good, ambitious owners, a better stadium, bigger crowds and a history of being in higher divisions. In short, much more long-term potential than Morecambe who would find it difficult to survive in a higher division on the resources they have.

And most wouldn't apply? That's not what the club has said. We'll see.

No argument with anything here, sensibly written and no claims of being in the know.

Now let’s have a sensible debate on this. My point isn’t that the vale is attractive compared to Morcambe... it’s that the vale has to be attractive compared to OTHER jobs Adams could get if he completes the job with them. 

If he fails, and they fall short he will still be seen as an excellent manager and will be up for posts like the vale or Bradford. He was already 3rd favourite for the sheff Wednesday job. If however he succeeds, he will have his pick of jobs in league 1 or above over the next 12 months. That’s what you need to compare the Vale opportunity against. 

Anyone coming with the basic argument of the vale being bigger than Morcambe have failed to think this through beyond the immediate term and the options Adams will have if he continues this job at Morcambe.

The risk of him being able to replicate that with us vs staying where he is and getting a golden ticket is pretty high.

My guess is Adams leaves Morcambe in the close season, whether they are promoted or not and gets a job the layman would consider better than the vale job.

• Like 3

Advert:

8 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Soothsayer

Read it again: on the basis of form and track record, he is the best of the three. Undeniably. I deliberately said these data were only part of the picture IF he had applied. The rest is up to him and the club. 

And the assumption that your news feed might have something to say about a private application made by a private individual in a confidential and competitive setting is just nonsense.

And it's clear why he might want to apply to the Vale. We are a bigger club with more potential despite our current wretched position; with good, ambitious owners, a better stadium, bigger crowds and a history of being in higher divisions. In short, much more long-term potential than Morecambe who would find it difficult to survive in a higher division on the resources they have.

And most wouldn't apply? That's not what the club has said. We'll see.

I don’t disagree with most of your post but the facts of the matter are he’s in contract and that means if Morecambe don’t release him he can’t come. News of his interest in talking to Bradford was common knowledge all over the news feeds however, no such news has surfaced about Vale. I agree both sides maybe more tight lipped this round but if he was about to be appointed I’d be amazed if he took charge of Morecambe’s game today. 
Given our current predicament I just whoever is appointed is a success and there’s no guarantee of this regardless of the successful candidate.

30 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I don’t disagree with most of your post but the facts of the matter are he’s in contract and that means if Morecambe don’t release him he can’t come. News of his interest in talking to Bradford was common knowledge all over the news feeds however, no such news has surfaced about Vale. I agree both sides maybe more tight lipped this round but if he was about to be appointed I’d be amazed if he took charge of Morecambe’s game today. 
Given our current predicament I just whoever is appointed is a success and there’s no guarantee of this regardless of the successful candidate.

He can come if he, reportedly, has a release clause. If he doesn't it's up to our owners whether they try to buy him out. If they wanted him enough, they would.

Advert:

Gary Bowyer is a strong possibility. Doing well with Youth Players at Derby, who are skint and need staff off the books. He also signed Pugh for Blackpool, so clearly knows him....a bonus if they have to work together. 

That’s where my money is going as a likely choice....not a preference. 

2 hours ago, 1 said:

bloody Morecombe !

MORECOMBE!!??

Well yes, Morecambe are likely a league 1 club soon while as things stand we will be in league 2.