Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

It was for Popeys strike partner who credited the pontiff for creating most of his goals

he moved for money pal.=pay pal🤫

Advert:

Just now, geoff1 said:

he moved for money pal.=pay pal🤫

Of course he did... doesn’t make what I said any less true. His move seriously paid off for Vaughn 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

No argument with anything here, sensibly written and no claims of being in the know.

Now let’s have a sensible debate on this. My point isn’t that the vale is attractive compared to Morcambe... it’s that the vale has to be attractive compared to OTHER jobs Adams could get if he completes the job with them. 

If he fails, and they fall short he will still be seen as an excellent manager and will be up for posts like the vale or Bradford. He was already 3rd favourite for the sheff Wednesday job. If however he succeeds, he will have his pick of jobs in league 1 or above over the next 12 months. That’s what you need to compare the Vale opportunity against. 

Anyone coming with the basic argument of the vale being bigger than Morcambe have failed to think this through beyond the immediate term and the options Adams will have if he continues this job at Morcambe.

The risk of him being able to replicate that with us vs staying where he is and getting a golden ticket is pretty high.

My guess is Adams leaves Morcambe in the close season, whether they are promoted or not and gets a job the layman would consider better than the vale job.

Yes, let's have a sensible, no, logical debate about this. 

The logic is simple: clearly Adams doesn't think this if, as reported, he has already been interviewed at Bradford; or, as reported, has a release clause in his contract. He clearly isn't prepared to wait as he knows that timing is everything in football; by the time the season is over, his performance may not seem as good as it looks now, if he fails to get Morecambe into the playoffs. For the simple reason that he will not have lived up to expectations.

So, my guess is that he's looking around while his star is high in the firmament; by the time the season ends, his reputational standing may well be falling and who knows whether he can repeat this season's performance. He clearly knows this: it's called risk assessment.

Strike while the iron is hot is the simple logic.

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, let's have a sensible, no, logical debate about this. 

The logic is simple: clearly Adams doesn't think this if, as reported, he has already been interviewed at Bradford; or, as reported, has a release clause in his contract. He clearly isn't prepared to wait as he knows that timing is everything in football; by the time the season is over, his performance may not seem as good as it looks now, if he fails to get Morecambe into the playoffs. For the simple reason that he will not have lived up to expectations.

So, my guess is that he's looking around while his star is high in the firmament; by the time the season ends, his reputational standing may well be falling and who knows whether he can repeat this season's performance. He clearly knows this: it's called risk assessment.

Strike while the iron is hot is the simple logic.

Yeah could be... depends on whether he is a risk taker or not.

If he is risk adverse he will be wanting to cash in now.

If he is more of a gambler he might be holding out for a huge payday like Cowley got at Huddersfield.

Earning an extra £50k at the vale won’t change his life.

Again, I have no idea but all I’m saying it’s not a simple “Vale are bigger than Morcambe decision”

• Like 1

19 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I think Pugh said the new manager will be watching i dont think he meant will be there,i think people have just read in to it,for me he meant those interviewed will be watching somewhere and one of those will obviously be the new manager

I meant watching the game live Karl 🤣

• Like 1

Advert:

17 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Flitcroft is now 1/8 with Skybet - odds like that usually mean its as good as done.

Not necessarily a mate of mine tells me Bilic was 1/20 to get the Lard job before they gave it to Lambert.

But yes in general I'd agree and they even said on Quest it's basically him 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Not necessarily a mate of mine tells me Bilic was 1/20 to get the Lard job before they gave it to Lambert.

But yes in general I'd agree and they even said on Quest it's basically him 

They also said Vale hadn't scored more than 4 since 2012. Short memories.

4 minutes ago, dun 4 said:

They also said Vale hadn't scored more than 4 since 2012. Short memories.

Think they said we hadn't scored 4 first-half goals since 2012? Don't know if that's correct or not.

Just now, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Think they said we hadn't scored 4 first-half goals since 2012? Don't know if that's correct or not.

Accrington that was, think that is what they referred to. 

Advert:

25 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Looks like MK Dons are about to sack their manager. It will be interesting to see who they go for.

I know wimbledon ditched theirs but didn't know mk were going do the same

Just now, werstayinup said:

I know wimbledon ditched theirs but didn't know mk were going do the same

Sorry, well spotted... Wimbledon sack their manager after defeat to MK Dons.

I misread the tweet I saw it in.

• Like 1