onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

Advert

52 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Rumours that’s it’s flitcroft and he will be at the game tomorrow. Not really proven with a small budget. However always felt he’s a decent manager. 

Weird one he is really,a fair few mansfield and bury comments about him were,he plays boring football,has no plan b,cannot change games,no creativity... he will do well with our fans then.

Fans of his clubs dont really speak well of his football

31 minutes ago, MBE said:

According Pugh the new manager will be in attendance at tomorrows game.

I'm going lump on David Flitcroft. Pugh has played for Flitcroft at Bury so could already have a good relationship  with him.I think this would tick a very big box for Carol.

Also took Pope to Bury i think,so he will of put in a good work maybe,gave him a good wage as well 🙂 

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Weird one he is really,a fair few mansfield and bury comments about him were,he plays boring football,has no plan b,cannot change games,no creativity... he will do well with our fans then.

sounds familiar.:thumbs:

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Ideally I’d like a manager with well rounded experience throughout all the divisions, like Micky Adams had. Someone who has knowledge of the league, yet can manage the expectations and bring in the ideas of experience from managing a club higher up the pyramid. 

That leaves the likes of Ian Holloway, who is perhaps the closest to Micky Adams in that regard. 

You mean the Ian Holloway who put together that appalling Grimsby side we saw at Vale a few weeks ago?  I’d rather have Stanley Holloway. 

9 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

weve got enough footballs, we need a manager

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Oh, let’s hope it’s not him then 😂

45 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Ian Holloway?? unbelievable

I would argue his achievements, Grimsby aside, dwarf those of all these 4th division managerial titans that keep being banded about on here.

You know what 4th division managers are good at? Managing and being in the 4th division. 

If that’s what we want for Vale, then fine. 

With it seemingly narrowing in on McGreal or Flitcroft (maybe Robinson), I don't think it's going to be the revelatory, seismic appointment so are hoping for.

Both are reasonable managers though, and if we improve recruitment, should have enough to get us making a fist of getting out of this division. 

Archived