19 minutes ago, dishydave said:

All this talk of bringing the youth team players through and giving them a chance yet no one as stopped to think are they good enough to step up they have won 3 games in 2 seasons so I wouldn't expect a wave of kids coming through the ranks just yet it's going to take time.

Correct and this is why they made the changes they did,i aren't 100% convinced though that Sinclair is the answer to that though,it could be better to put Pugh in charge of Youth/Academy and Development and let the new manager bring his own number 2 in but listening to Carol i think Pugh is earmarked for the number 2 role

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

In all fairness when he was at Mansfield if Bury hadn't of cheated he would of got them promoted. I don't know if he can do it with no money none of us do but what we do know is if he gets a better offer he will drop is like a stone.

• Thanks 1

When Flitcroft joined Swindon he promised to play attacking football and i noticed apart from Barnsley(who were Championship) he has managed more wins then he has lost at all of his other teams,so i will say if it's him then surely he is the best on paper since Adams??

8 hours ago, Wrex said:

Looking like it's Flitcroft or McGreal. Not much to choose between them but Flitcroft has hair, so I'll go for him.

Offensive, discriminatory criteria😎

From a Bury mate re Flitcroft 

“Started off ok with us and got us promoted then went <ovf censored> up. Talks a load of <ovf censored> in interviews , constantly saying synergy and special human beings ! Did same at Mansfield, started ok and brought in good players but bottled it at end and missed out on automatic spot. His assistant Futcher is a c”

Advert:

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

Derek Adams 

(stolen from another poster)

Ross County

Won promotion from Scottish Div 2 to Div 1

Won promotion from Scottish Div 1 to Premier

Finished 5th 

Finished 7th

Plymouth

Playoffs League 2

Promotion from League 2

7th in League 1

Sacked after a poor season

Morecambe

Currently third with a game in hand on one of the lowest budgets in the league, reaching the third round of the FA Cup and being described as 'transformational' in a short space of time.

Gary Flitcroft

Bury - 1 Promotion with the biggest budget in the league that could not afford which played a massive part in the club going under

Mansfield - Semi Final Play off spot with the biggest budget in the league 

What if Adam’s doesn’t want it? Are you going to go and kidnap him and drag him to Burslem?

• Like 2

No fans and no income, and no end in sight, remember our owners are bankrolling us at the moment. I dont get to choose my managers at work and this is Carol's first major decision, looking at her CV and current company she obviously has a good eye for talent, she may have spoken to Rudge, Adams etc and we have to trust her. Managers also thrive on confidence so hopefully we get behind whoever it is. ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

Derek Adams 

(stolen from another poster)

Ross County

Won promotion from Scottish Div 2 to Div 1

Won promotion from Scottish Div 1 to Premier

Finished 5th 

Finished 7th

Plymouth

Playoffs League 2

Promotion from League 2

7th in League 1

Sacked after a poor season

Morecambe

Currently third with a game in hand on one of the lowest budgets in the league, reaching the third round of the FA Cup and being described as 'transformational' in a short space of time.

Gary Flitcroft

Bury - 1 Promotion with the biggest budget in the league that could not afford which played a massive part in the club going under

Mansfield - Semi Final Play off spot with the biggest budget in the league 

What was Adam’s budget at Plymouth?

50 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

From a Bury mate re Flitcroft 

“Started off ok with us and got us promoted then went <ovf censored> up. Talks a load of <ovf censored> in interviews , constantly saying synergy and special human beings ! Did same at Mansfield, started ok and brought in good players but bottled it at end and missed out on automatic spot. His assistant Futcher is a c”

Good job Pugh will be his assistant then. Or if he wants a shouting sergeant major bastard type he could use Sinclair. That would have the added bonus for him of fans crediting Flitcroft for every win and blaming Sinclair for every defeat.

Advert:

25 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Limited

That would seem strange given Plymouth’s crowds for league 2.

None of this matters though if he doesn’t want the job. If he gets Morcambe promoted he will be seen as a miracle worker and will be looked at for top end league 1 or even championship jobs.

He would have been my choice too... but we ha e to stop the obsession. 

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

Vale fans love a good moan don’t they. They could be having Danny Pugh but it looks like we’re getting a good proven league 2 manager but that’s not good enough!

The fans! Always the fans! One f****** thread when the 'fans' don't get a kicking. Christ alive.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

Advert:

8 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

We have some really weird fans that's all I am saying. 

Vale's motto shouldn't be WNE, but 'Ea placere sententia est, culpa'

Flitcroft is a solid appointment. I'd say a step up on Askey, and a few step ups on Pugh.

Some of the names I've seen bandied about on OVF/Twitter/Facebook made me realise a lot of our fans don't live in the reality of where we're at as a club right now.

People genuinely believed we stood a chance of Paul Cook/Nigel Pearson/Danny Cowley etc so when we don't appoint them they end up distraught!

• Like 1